Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

436206849_416176581218367_5140578226754125097_n-jpg.1570289

Harrison Butker’s Grave Mistake concerning the Jews​

Without wading into the debate on Harrison Butker’s comments toward and about women (there are good arguments on both sides), I want to bring attention to a section of Butker’s speech that should be garnering more criticism: his assertion that “Congress just passed a bill where stating something as basic as the biblical teaching of who killed Jesus could land you in jail.” He is undoubtedly referring to the Jews.

What I do know is that no one is going to jail for claiming that the Jews killed Jesus. If Butker is referring to the proposed Antisemitism Awareness Act, he ought to be aware that all the bill does is list factors that the Department of Education should use in determining if a certain action on campus was antisemitic. That’s it. There is no provision that sends anyone to jail for claiming that the Jews killed Jesus or for issuing any statement at all, no matter how overtly antisemitic.

Butker is either misinformed or lying. I’m happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the former. But even so, being misinformed

NP. I remember hearing that same craziness when I was a kid, that "the Jews killed Jesus." Even as a kid, I knew the Bible stated that it was the Romans who did the crucifixion. It made no sense to blame the Jews, then or now. The opinion piece is correct. That myth is used now to justify antisemitism -- exactly what the 3rd-rate football wonk was promoting to the graduates.

Harrison Butker’s Grave Mistake concerning the Jews​

Without wading into the debate on Harrison Butker’s comments toward and about women (there are good arguments on both sides), I want to bring attention to a section of Butker’s speech that should be garnering more criticism: his assertion that “Congress just passed a bill where stating something as basic as the biblical teaching of who killed Jesus could land you in jail.” He is undoubtedly referring to the Jews.

What I do know is that no one is going to jail for claiming that the Jews killed Jesus. If Butker is referring to the proposed Antisemitism Awareness Act, he ought to be aware that all the bill does is list factors that the Department of Education should use in determining if a certain action on campus was antisemitic. That’s it. There is no provision that sends anyone to jail for claiming that the Jews killed Jesus or for issuing any statement at all, no matter how overtly antisemitic.

Butker is either misinformed or lying. I’m happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the former. But even so, being misinformed

nobody is sending anyone to jail for killing Jesus, either.....

I just finished reading a transcript of Butker’s speech. I disagree with some of the things he said. I wonder if the news will run a story on my disagreements.?.?.

I just finished reading a transcript of Butker’s speech. I disagree with some of the things he said. I wonder if the news will run a story on my disagreements.?.?.
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to stay out of the spotlight...unless someone here reports you...;)
(I imagine you're watching a bit of baseball...and celebrating the end of school. and your graduates..it's that time of year...:))

That would be you.

Do you have a point besides wasting TOP's time? The commencement address was delivered verbally. Anything written is totally moot and is a non-starter.

This does not mean you aren't free to research differences between the verbal commencement address and some inconsequential document.

TOP should tell christiefan to hold his breath.

Take it from me, i.e. someone who regularly has to deal with stupid, undereducated leftists, that on those frequent occasions in which I am right and everybody else is wrong, it turns out that I'm right and everybody else is wrong. Period.

That would be you again. In your world, you obviously view reality as being determined by the opinions of others. I gasp at the miserable existence you must lead.

Question: Were you really projecting your bitter envy of those who have battery-powered boyfriends because yours is tethered by a cord?

There were no misogynistic comments.

Your English comprehension sucks. Butker took a jab at the month. You don't grasp the difference, do you? From which school did you play hooky?
Indeed.

Great post.

Reactions: TOP
That would be you.

Do you have a point besides wasting TOP's time? The commencement address was delivered verbally. Anything written is totally moot and is a non-starter.

This does not mean you aren't free to research differences between the verbal commencement address and some inconsequential document.

TOP should tell christiefan to hold his breath.

Take it from me, i.e. someone who regularly has to deal with stupid, undereducated leftists, that on those frequent occasions in which I am right and everybody else is wrong, it turns out that I'm right and everybody else is wrong. Period.

That would be you again. In your world, you obviously view reality as being determined by the opinions of others. I gasp at the miserable existence you must lead.

Question: Were you really projecting your bitter envy of those who have battery-powered boyfriends because yours is tethered by a cord?

There were no misogynistic comments.

Your English comprehension sucks. Butker took a jab at the month. You don't grasp the difference, do you? From which school did you play hooky?

Indeed.

Great post.
There are lots of great posts here...and then there are comments from those who chose not to listen and still condemn...it's sad...
I need to post that rage in the woods clinic link again...a field trip is in order...;)

Butthead’s like Butkner should stay on a football field.
So, Marty, he does not have a First Amendment right to free speech.

His values are traditional values that have served America well for centuries...family, home and the responsibility to care for the children.

You aren't very bright, Walter...now you are anti America's traditional values.

There are lots of great posts here...and then there are comments from those who chose not to listen and still condemn...it's sad...
I need to post that rage in the woods clinic link again...a field trip is in order...;)
Indeed, TOP. It appears that Marty is a hater, especially for those who stand up for America's traditional values.

Butthead’s like Butkner should stay on a football field.
I'm sure he will...I doubt they invited him to give the commencement speech because he's got three super bowl rings, though... They invited him because he's a great guy...a man who embraces his family and faith...
I'm not sure why that is a problem for anyone....

Back