Christian ethics vs. Roman values

yeah. You never read Kant but are an expert.
I accept your tacit confession that what I originally wrote about Kant was both reasonable, and fully supported by scholarly sources.

All of my academic and scientific knowledge comes from listening to or reading subject matter experts.

Does knowledge just pop into your mind at random?

You quote a lot of sources but don't seem to have your own independent perspective and beliefs.

I accept your tacit confession that what I originally wrote about Kant was both reasonable, and fully supported by scholarly sources.

All of my academic and scientific knowledge comes from listening to or reading subject matter experts.

This Kant scholar wrote something which is almost exactly what I wrote about Kant >>
You quote a lot of sources but don't seem to have your own independent perspective and beliefs.

Sooo...because Cypress doesn't beat everyone over the head with his personal point of view causes you think he doesn't have independent thought?

I disagree with your conclusions. The point of an intellectual discussion is to discuss, expand one's mind. Not beat each other over the head with the same bullshit day in, day out.

Out of curiosity, can you name my religion? Or point to my religious beliefs? Why would that matter if we were discussing the impact of Jesus on the Mediterranean world in the three centuries after his execution?

Not angry. You are also imperceptive.
These two conclusions seem almost exactly the same. It seems like you got angry when I proved to you that what I wrote about Kant was both reasonable and accurate.

"(Kant) wanted to show by using reason that morality is based on a single supreme universal principle, which is binding to all rational beings."

https://philarchive.org/rec/JEMACA-2

I think Kant thought a universal moral conscience could be discovered through the use of reason.

The Spanish Inquisition is a good example of 'Christian Compassion'. Synonymous with Torture and Murder.

Do you really believe South America willingly turned to Roman Catholicism?

Was Puritans hanging Quakers in Boston 'Christian Compassion'?

You seem to be blaming Christianity for the actions of greedy nations and leaders playing power politics and seeking to establish overseas empires. I don't see anything in Christianity teaching any of these actions. The church was often involved in these actions but it was essentially part of government and does not necessarily represent Christian values.

Yes,through the Holy Spirit.

You seem to be blaming Christianity for the actions of greedy nations and leaders playing power politics and seeking to establish overseas empires. I don't see anything in Christianity teaching any of these actions. The church was often involved in these actions but it was essentially part of government and does not necessarily represent Christian values.

Yes. Islam is the Religion of Peace. It's somebody else cutting the heads off.

Most of my opinions on academic topics are informed and filtered by reading, listening to, taking classes from subject matter experts.

I don't do my own scientific research on COVID, I don't do my own physics research on quantum chromodynamics, I don't do my own historical research on the history of western ethics

What do you base your scientific and historical opinions on? Are they informed by subject matter experts? Or not?

Most of my opinions on academic topics are informed and filtered by reading, listening to, taking classes from subject matter experts.

I don't do my own scientific research on COVID, I don't do my own physics research on quantum chromodynamics, I don't do my own historical research on the history of western ethics

What do you base your scientific and historical opinions on? Are they informed by subject matter experts? Or not?

I read for history or documentaries ,science isn't a subject of interest.
All religious beliefs are filtered thru the Holy Spirit.
No source filtered thru men is a good a source as the Holy Spirit.

Yes. Islam is the Religion of Peace. It's somebody else cutting the heads off.

I don't know what Islam has to do with the discussion, but, like Christianity, Islam includes greedy evil men who act in the name of their religion even though their religion teaches none of what they are practicing.

I don't know what Islam has to do with the discussion, but, like Christianity, Islam includes greedy evil men who act in the name of their religion even though their religion teaches none of what they are practicing.

Agreed. Also like Christians, most Muslims mind their own business. They don't turn into terrorists seeking to impose their ways on everyone else.

Not exactly. Jesus does say he is the only way to God. It's a rather hostile assertion.

Early Catholic theology is very explicit about having to believe in God....as they conceive it.

Think way back in time.
Wasn't there always a 'Big Chief' and a 'Witch Doctor'.
See, same thing, just different names.

The 'comparison' was to illustrate the identical excuses by the religious types. Anything 'Bad', it was somebody else or 'not really __________ ' (insert Religion here)

Back