College Football 2018 - minus the troll

Might as well get used to hearing John Denver. The Mountaineer streak continues....

WVa is ranked #6 in the latest AP Poll. Alabama and Georgia will likely meet in the SEC Championship, so one of those will be gone before the playoffs (I'm betting Bama will win).

So you have to hope Bama, Ohio State, Clemson or Notre Dame will stumble before the end of the season.

If I were a betting man, I would bet it comes down to Bama and Ohio State for the national championship.

WVa is ranked #6 in the latest AP Poll. Alabama and Georgia will likely meet in the SEC Championship, so one of those will be gone before the playoffs (I'm betting Bama will win).

So you have to hope Bama, Ohio State, Clemson or Notre Dame will stumble before the end of the season.

If I were a betting man, I would bet it comes down to Bama and Ohio State for the national championship.

The Irish will be taken down by USC

It could happen. But considering that Stanford beat USC pretty handily, and then 2 weeks later got mauled by ND, it might not be good to bet the farm on it.

I never bet the farm on anything but I do not subscribe to these bootstrapped comparisons. ND has an easy schedule and there is a rivalry with USC that will be playing at home. They very well could come in not prepared for a fired up home team and go down.

I never bet the farm on anything but I do not subscribe to these bootstrapped comparisons. ND has an easy schedule and there is a rivalry with USC that will be playing at home. They very well could come in not prepared for a fired up home team and go down.

I'm not saying it can't happen. Just comparing performances against a common opponent. Until they play, that is the best that anyone can do.

ND has played Michigan, Stanford and VATech. All of whom were ranked at the time. Granted, Wake Forest and Ball State are not big teams, but ND has not had an easy schedule so far. Almost half their opponents have been ranked.

By comparison, West Virginia has only played 1 ranked opponent. And that team, Texas Tech, was only ranked for 1 week at #25. The other 4 teams the Mountaineers have beaten have all lost more games than they have won.

Last edited:
ND has played Michigan, Stanford and VATech. All of whom were ranked at the time. Granted, Wake Forest and Ball State are not big teams, but ND has not had an easy schedule so far. Almost half their opponents have been ranked.

By comparison, West Virginia has only played 1 ranked opponent. And that team, Texas Tech, was only ranked for 1 week at #25. The other 4 teams the Mountaineers have beaten have all lost more games than they have won.

ND barely beat 3 of them and have no more ranked teams on their schedule. While I never said WVU's schedule was burdensome, they have two more ranked matches ahead with Texas and Oklahoma. One ranked team was canceled due to the hurricane and most of their wins have been healthy margins despite having a sucky ground game. Odds are neither will come close to the championship game, but I still give WVU a better chance than ND.

If things hold on there will be some upsets in the SEC.

Right now, TN is beating #21 auburn 27-17. The Vols are 2-3, having only beaten UTEP and East Tennessee State.

And Vandy is beating #14 Florida 21-20. The Gators will probably pull that one out.

Nebraska continues its trend. At least they took it to OT today.

The Cornhuskers have no won a game since Oct 28, 2017. Ouch!

I wonder how much longer ND can play like garbage and still remain unbeaten? Anyway, USC is looking like a non-entity against Colorado, right now.

Damn, I hate seeing a team like Nebraska play some of the worst football of its entire history. Meanwhile, I am enjoying those ISU upsets, even though the Big-12 is completely screwed now.

Back