College Football 2018 - minus the troll

Congrats to Clemson. That D line killed us.

Helluva a season. Good game.
Not much to say except it looks like Sweeney has a helluva football program.
I kinda wondered if Alabama would be stale after all their success.
Also they didn't look so good against Oklahoma after that quick start. That made me wonder too. But congrats to Alabama for having a great season. All other schools would be, should be envious.
As far as the CFP, there's no doubt Clemson deserves the championship despite what Mott says.
.Nobody else bludgeons bama by 28.
We've always ended up with a deserving champion.

Last edited:

In hindsight, I think Alabama coulda run the ball more in the first half. Clemson didn't seem like they could stop their run. Plus the Clemson D looked very winded. No reason for bama to throw it. I was a little surprised they threw it when the second interception happened.

And that fake field goal??? Worst "trick" play I've ever seen. WTF was that?

Last edited:
My final college football ranking prediction.

1,2. Alabama, Clemson No prediction as to who will win that one, just that both will be either 1 or 2.
3. Ohio St. 13-1
4. Oklahoma 12-2
5. ND 12-1
6. Georgia 11-3
7. Florida 10-3
8. LSU 10-3
9. UCF 12-1
10. Texas 10-4
11. Kentucky 10-3
12. Washington St. 11-2
13. Michigan 10-3
14. Washington 10-4
15. Texas A&M 9-4
16.Syracuse 10-4
17. Fresno St. 12-2
18. Northwestern 9-5
19. Penn St. 9-4
20 Boise St. 10-3

Final AP poll

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Notre Dame
6. LSU
7. Georgia
7. Florida
9. Texas
10. Washington State
11. Central Florida
12. Kentucky
13. Washington
14. Michigan
15. Syracuse
16. Texas A&M
17. Penn State
18. Fresno State
19. Army
20. West Virginia
21. Northwestern
22. Utah State
23. Boise State
24. Cincinnati
25. Iowa

Not to worry, Alabama, or one of the same half dozen schools will be back in the same game next year

Did Alabama play two teams this year that had a good defense? I know they played one, led to a quarterback question, but two?

Now, got to ask, given that Syracuse beat Clemson last year, and took them to the last play of the game at Clemson this year, would Alabama beat Syracuse? (and I'm hoping it was Syracuse and not one of the other ACC schools)

Now, got to ask, given that Syracuse beat Clemson last year, and took them to the last play of the game at Clemson this year, would Alabama beat Syracuse? (and I'm hoping it was Syracuse and not one of the other ACC schools)
Probably not. And seeing that Texas A&M took Clemson to 28-26 I doubt Alabama would've beaten A&M this past yr. :doh:

Not to worry, Alabama, or one of the same half dozen schools will be back in the same game next year

Did Alabama play two teams this year that had a good defense? I know they played one, led to a quarterback question, but two?

This sort of comparison is almost never accurate. Clemson barely beat Syracuse (27-23). Notre Dame beat Syracuse 38-3. Using your same logic, Clemson wouldn't beat Notre Dame. How did that work out for the Irish?

Yeah, we played several good defenses. We played 8 teams that are listed in the top 50 overall defenses in college football for the 2018 season. And we beat 7 of them.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Clemson dicks around during the regular season. Pittsburgh and Syracuse have had success against Clemson, and two years ago, NC State would have beaten Clemson if not for the worst kicker in the history of the game.

You finally know how it feels to be on the other side. Builds character.

I have been a Crimson Tide fan since I was a kid in the 1960s. I know what the other side feels like. I was still a fan (and wore my Bama gear) when we sucked (Mike DuBose's 3-8 year?).

Yeah, we played several good defenses. We played 8 teams that are listed in the top 50 overall defenses in college football for the 2018 season. And we beat 7 of them.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Only two in the top twenty, and that is on a statistical based list that has Appalachian State and Army in the top six. There was a reason why they blew out the majority of their opponents with big scores, they didn't face consistent top defenses all year, showed last night

And the Syracuse question was only for humor, I don't think Syracuse is a big money football school, probably make more money off of basketball

Only two in the top twenty, and that is on a statistical based list that has Appalachian State and Army in the top six. There was a reason why they blew out the majority of their opponents with big scores, they didn't face consistent top defenses all year, showed last night

And the Syracuse question was only for humor, I don't think Syracuse is a big money football school, probably make more money off of basketball

Alabama beat 3 teams that finished the year ranked in the top 10.

Back