College Football is back!

My favorite college football team, the Arizona State Sun Devils (I lived in Arizona for 33 years) upset #6 Oregon tonight to become bowl eligible! It's been an up and down season for the Devils. They started out the season with a 5-2 record, then lost 3 close games in a row, any of which they could've easily won. So tonight's victory was sweet.
Oregon is basically eliminated from the CFP. Wow! And they had the inside track to get the 4th seed if they coulda won out. That puts Alabama (or two SEC teams) a bit more in the running. Although I'd much rather see a one loss OK, Utah or Baylor in than two SEC teams.

Last edited:
Oregon is basically eliminated from the CFP. Wow! And they had the inside track to get the 4th seed if they coulda won out. That puts Alabama (or two SEC teams) a bit more in the running. Although I'd much rather see a one loss OK, Utah or Baylor in than two SEC teams.

Why is Oklahoma under rated?

The committee seem to not like the Big 12

They sure don't like Baylor for some reason. I hope they go way up today. Their defense played lights out against Texas. Speaking of Texas, WTF happened to them? If Oregon beats Utah the Big 12 champ definitely should be in. Let's imagine Oregon beats Utah and Baylor beats OK. Then we have to be concerned about Alabama if they beat Auburn.

Watching college football is worse than watching paint dry imo.

When you've had twenty years of Brady to watch, you can't sit through that amateur shit.

Watching college football is worse than watching paint dry imo.

When you've had twenty years of Brady to watch, you can't sit through that amateur shit.

Then start a thread "Pro Football is back!". Besides I'd argue Burrow, Fields, Hurts and Tua as a group are already better than at least half the NFL QB's.

Last edited:
Once the Brady-Belichick era is over, I'll have no use for that either, to be honest.
Football is quadriplegia waiting to happen.

I'm usually too burned out watching games from 8:00 a.m. until into the night to watch Sunday football. And when the games are good, too hung over.

This weekend should give an idea how good they really are.

Well, they beat Penn State. Not a blowout victory, but still a victory nonetheless.

I got a feeling that Minnesota is going to beat Wisconsin, especially if Minnesota passes the ball more often.

Agreed. I don't want to see two SEC teams make it. I'd rather see OK, Utah, or Baylor as well (assuming they would remain a one loss team).

And as much as I want my Badgers to win, I'd also be curious to see how a Minnesota vs. Ohio State game would play out... I'd like to see OSU lose a game, and I think Minnesota has a better chance of beating them than Wisconsin does... Too bad Minnesota had to do everything under their power to lose that Iowa game, otherwise they'd still be undefeated... But, the same with the Badgers and that Illinois game... They'd be a one loss team to a really good OSU team if they hadn't done everything under their power to lose than Illinois game...

Now they and Baylor are in the driver's seat, IMO. I don't see a one loss Bama getting in over a one loss team that has won it's conference championship.

Same... I don't see it either. I would put in a one loss Oklahoma well before putting in a one loss Alabama. And even though I personally believe Alabama to be better than Baylor (I don't think Baylor is that great to be honest), I would easily put a one loss Baylor in before a one loss Alabama. Gotta reward a one-loss Big 12 winner over a one-loss SEC loser...

Although, the Big 10 could still get interesting regarding that matter (it would drum up some debate, at the very least)... if, say, Minnesota or Wisconsin were to win the conference championship instead of Ohio State... That scenario should be more straight forward for a Minnesota CC win, since they'd be a one-loss team winning the conference championship over another (now) one-loss team, but it would be much more interesting of a debate if a two-loss Badgers won the CC over a (now) one-loss OSU. I don't foresee that particular event occurring by any means (but who knows, the Big 10 has been interesting this year... Hell, Michigan might even knock off OSU and make OSU into a one-loss team before even getting INTO the Big 10 CC game against Minnesota or Wisconsin... For as much shit as I've given Michigan this whole season, I have to admit that they've (now consistently) played MUCH better football over their last few games).

Last edited:
They sure don't like Baylor for some reason.
I'm not at all impressed with Baylor either. They blew a 31-10 lead against Oklahoma, and have barely survived many of their other games against lesser-opponents. -- However, if they win the Big12, they deserve that 4th spot in the playoffs for sure.

I hope they go way up today. Their defense played lights out against Texas. Speaking of Texas, WTF happened to them? If Oregon beats Utah the Big 12 champ definitely should be in.
Yup. That would eliminate any chance of a PAC-12 team making it.

Let's imagine Oregon beats Utah and Baylor beats OK. Then we have to be concerned about Alabama if they beat Auburn.
True. Personally, I would still EASILY put Baylor into it over Alabama (I mean Baylor would've won their CC and Bama wouldn't've even made it into theirs), but I know that Bama gets favored for their history/draw/etc...

True. Personally, I would still EASILY put Baylor into it over Alabama (I mean Baylor would've won their CC and Bama wouldn't've even made it into theirs), but I know that Bama gets favored for their history/draw/etc...
I expect Auburn to play a very competitive game this weekend. They gave LSU their toughest game of the season so far despite their QB going something like 15 for 35.

I expect Auburn to play a very competitive game this weekend. They gave LSU their toughest game of the season so far despite their QB going something like 15 for 35.

I do too... I LOVED it when Auburn beat Alabama that one year off of the missed FG that got returned for a TD... I hope Auburn beats them this year too.

We will see in the bowl games just how good the
Big Ten is this year,and if OSU is a top 4 team.

Don't know about that. They often will match up the 2nd best SEC team against the fourth best Big10 team and then schedule the game in the SEC opponents back yard literally giving them home field advantage. I'd much rather see SEC teams quit being chicken shits and play us Home and Home during the regular season. Post season bowl games are to easy to manipulate. That's not going to happen as the SEC is to chicken to leave the south to play Big 5 opponents. I'll give LSU credit on that score. They actually had the balls to come up north and play Wisconsin a few years back...they lost but they did come up north to play. Most of the SEC is to chicken shit to do that.

Back