College Football is back!

I definitely agree the SEC has fallen off this yr. For that, I don't care. I've had a ball watching the competent third string caliber QB at LSU and their offense shred every defense they've played this yr. Watching that Alabama game was the most fun I've had watching a football game maybe ever. Everything else from now on is lagniappe.
As far as who's the best that's what the CFP is all about. Clemson is from a consistently weak conference yet they are as dominant as Alabama has been. Only three other teams have even won a semifinal CFP game since its inception.
I'm looking forward to watching the CFP'S no matter who is in it.

I agree with that. I think it's obvious based on their records and the statistics they have compiled that OSU, LSU and Clemson are the best three teams so far this year. We still have two more games to go though so lets not count our chickens until they're hatched cause at this state of the season you never know who's going to rear their ugly head and turn everything on it's head. OSU could lose to that team up north or Wisc or Minn in the Championship game and If LSU was to lose to either GA or Tex. A&M a real shit storm could be started.

I agree with that. I think it's obvious based on their records and the statistics they have compiled that OSU, LSU and Clemson are the best three teams so far this year. We still have two more games to go though so lets not count our chickens until they're hatched cause at this state of the season you never know who's going to rear their ugly head and turn everything on it's head. OSU could lose to that team up north or Wisc or Minn in the Championship game and If LSU was to lose to either GA or Tex. A&M a real shit storm could be started.

I just don't want to see Alabama

So Mott, if OSU beats Michigan, is Harbaugh done? I mean, he was proclaimed to be the savior of Michigan and there was a lot of talk when he came in, then a lot of excuses when he didn't make it to the playoffs or beat Ohio State. Is this game his last chance?

So Mott, if OSU beats Michigan, is Harbaugh done? I mean, he was proclaimed to be the savior of Michigan and there was a lot of talk when he came in, then a lot of excuses when he didn't make it to the playoffs or beat Ohio State. Is this game his last chance?

That would be perfectly fine by me. I can't stand the guy.

SEC off ? Maybe not as strong top to bottom but LSU, GA & VAMA are top drawer by any standard.
But LSU will kill OSU. So would GA or Bama.

SEC off ? Maybe not as strong top to bottom but LSU, GA & VAMA are top drawer by any standard.
But LSU will kill OSU. So would GA or Bama.

I disagree. I don't think Bama is at peak form. The defense is porous by Bama standards, and the turnovers have been a problem.

LSU is a top level team. Georgia almost is. Not only have they lost to a team that got beat by everyone and their mother, the Dawgs have had some problems putting easy teams away.

I agree that the SEC is down this year.

I disagree. I don't think Bama is at peak form. The defense is porous by Bama standards, and the turnovers have been a problem.

LSU is a top level team. Georgia almost is. Not only have they lost to a team that got beat by everyone and their mother, the Dawgs have had some problems putting easy teams away.

I agree that the SEC is down this year.

Peak form ? No but evan as they are they are very good.

No I don't think so. He saved his ass by beating ND and by showing significant improvement over the course of the season. In fact I'm definately not taking it for granted that OSU will beat Mich as they are a much improved team since the season started. Mich, to their credit has had a brutal schedule. By Sunday they will have played 5 ranked teams, including the #1 ranked team in the nation. Four of those teams are top 10 in defense and both Illinois and Indiana have impressively upped their game with both team being Bowl Eligible and Indiana very close to being a ranked team. So though a 3 loss season and another loss and no BIG championship won't sit well...he won't be fired. He'll certainly start next season on the hot seat, that's for sure.

But here's what it boils down to with Hairball at michigan. If Hairball is on the fence again next season fans will think "He hasn't delivered...should we get rid of him?" and then another michigan fan will say "...well yea...but do you remember when he punched Jim Kelly in the nose?"...and with that Hairball will be good for another year. :)

But he can't keep loosing to OSU and PSU indefinately. My criticism on Hairball is that he is just as good at the recruiting game as OSU is...but he's not as good at hiring coaches as OSU is. His coordinators and position coaches have been his Achilles Heel and michigan fans are going to expect a major shakeup with his coaching staff.

To reflect my frustration at the CFP and SEC bias...and why within the next five years we will see an 8 team play off with automatic bids for conference championship.

Additional evidence of SEC bias, as if that were needed.

Georgia being ranked #4 is a joke after what happened last year.

OSU had the best offense in the nation, were 11-1 and a conference champion but were kept out of the CFP for a second SEC team because they lost to a 5-7 Purdue team.

So now we have a one loss Georgia team that lost to a 4-7 South Carolina team....and they are ranked #4.

Back