College Football is back!

Does that include their unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for trying to steal JK Dobbins shoe? LOL

#2 steals the shoe. That’s the only way they were going stop Dobbins.
Did you happen to see the unsportsman conduct against ole miss after the could’ve been tying score in the egg bowl that probably cost ole miss a chance of going into OT? The idiot that scored crawled like a dog and pretended to pee on a fire hydrant. Hilarious!

It will Royally upset the apple cart if either they or OSU lose next weekend.
Thats actually hard for me to imagine but stranger things have happened. I know you believe Clemson is better than LSU but I think most folks around the country wanna see an LSU - OSU championship game. And what a story line Burrow up against his old team!

Last edited:

You’re nuts and I want some of what you’re smoking. They would get stomped by OSU, PSU, Mich, Wisconsin and probably Minnesota and Iowa and PSU, Iowa, Wisconsin and OSU are better defensively too.

The Big 10 team Auborn is most comparable are Iowa and Indiana. They can play head to head with the Hawkeyes and might be good enough to beat Indiana.

If Auburn plays a Big 10 team in the post season it will probably be Iowa.

Here’s why. SEC teams, outside the CFP, in bowl games rarely play teams that are either ranked higher than them or who finished higher in their conference. Auburn is the fifth best team in the SEC by record and ranking. Iowa is the sixth best team in the BIG10 ranking and by record. Indiana is 7th best. So if Auburn plays a BIG10 team post season they will almost assuredly play either Iowa or Indiana at a venue within a four to six hour drive of their campus.

Last edited:
You’re nuts and I want some of what you’re smoking. The would get stomped by PSU, Mich, Wisconsin, Minnesota and probably Iowa all of whom are far better on defense and PSU, Mich, Wisconsin and Minnesota are better offensively too. I’d give them 50:50 odds against Minn or Iowa but they would get smoked by PSU, Mich and Wisconsin and OSU would blow them out.
They’re sneaky good and without much of a passing game. How can you possibly say they’d get stomped by anybody when they played arguably the toughest schedule in the country yet nobody “stomped” them??? All three of their losses were competitive against good teams, no “bad” losses and they gave LSU it’s toughest game. And a 9-3 record with that schedule was impressive.
Personally I think an Auburn- Wisconsin or an Auburn- PSU bowl game would be a good matchup. Boring as hell unless you like defensive battles.
Edit: The Citrus Bowl projection is Auburn - Wisc.��

Last edited:
Thats actually hard for me to imagine but stranger things have happened. I know you believe Clemson is better than LSU but I think most folks around the country wanna see an LSU - OSU championship game. And what a story line Burrow up against his old team!

I wouldn’t argue that. I was speaking for OSU fans. We’d like a shot at either. There’s no hard feelings in Ohio towards Joe Burrow. He handled the whole thing respectably. There was no doubt in anyone’s mind last year that Haskins was the better QB. No one new Haskins would be so good that he’d be one and done. When informed of the decision it was mutually agreed to permit him to transfer in Joe’s best interest as he was certainly starting material just about anywhere else.

So there’s no hard feelings for Joe up here. Just the opposite. We’re glad for him. It was just one of those deals where Haskins was, at that time, the obvious choice to start.

Now the media may try to hype that but it’s BS. There’s no hard feelings for Shotgun Joe up here.

I doubt it. Though Clemson hasn’t played anyone they and OSU have significantly more talent on the defensive side and more team speed. If it works out as most think Clemson and LSU will play in the Semifinals and think Clemson will beat them.

I think you’ll see OSU vs Clemson. Like last year this isn’t the SEC’s year.

This is what I feel will happen too.

Michigan shot themselves in the foot to many times in the second quarter

Yup, and once they did, they never recovered from that. I remember vocalizing the whole "stick a fork in 'em" thing during some point in the 2nd quarter, and it turns out that I was correct.

What I was completely wrong about, however, was my good ol' pal Bucky Badger... I figured that Minnesota would handily beat them if they took advantage of Wisconsin's suspect pass defense, and that appeared to be the case when Minnesota instantly went up 7-0 on a big pass play, but after that, it was pretty much all Bucky. Coan was accurate and didn't have any turnovers, and the runners all did good. They took advantage of Minnesota's hyper focus on stopping Taylor.

So, once again, it is Wisconsin vs Ohio State for the Big 10 Champion... and once again, Ohio State will beat us for it. But hey, at least we got the axe back from Minnesota! :)

Yup, and once they did, they never recovered from that. I remember vocalizing the whole "stick a fork in 'em" thing during some point in the 2nd quarter, and it turns out that I was correct.

What I was completely wrong about, however, was my good ol' pal Bucky Badger... I figured that Minnesota would handily beat them if they took advantage of Wisconsin's suspect pass defense, and that appeared to be the case when Minnesota instantly went up 7-0 on a big pass play, but after that, it was pretty much all Bucky. Coan was accurate and didn't have any turnovers, and the runners all did good. They took advantage of Minnesota's hyper focus on stopping Taylor.

So, once again, it is Wisconsin vs Ohio State for the Big 10 Champion... and once again, Ohio State will beat us for it. But hey, at least we got the axe back from Minnesota! :)

OSU is due for a down week,is this the week?

What happens if OSU loses to Wisconsin next week?

I would definitely like to see such a scenario, as I am a Wisconsin fan and can't stand Ohio State.

If it were up to me, I would advocate for the Conference Champion automatically getting the playoff spot, no matter what record the winning team has. In my mind, you are the best team in the conference if you win your championship game. I also wouldn't screw the Big 10 out of a playoff spot, if the Badgers beat Ohio State, just because the Big 10 is the best conference in college football and they happened to beat each other up a bit along the way.

However, my guess is, since Wisconsin has lost two games and Ohio State has lost none, that Ohio State would still get the playoff spot (or some other one loss team might be argued in there instead of Ohio State), and Wisconsin just ends up with a very good bowl game. Either way, it would bother me, since either no Big 10 team would get into the playoff (I do not foresee this happening) or else the Conference Champion loser would get into the playoff and the Conference Champion winner wouldn't get into the playoff (I can foresee this happening). But, if Ohio State wins, which they probably will, this won't be an issue.

I would definitely like to see such a scenario, as I am a Wisconsin fan and can't stand Ohio State.

If it were up to me, I would advocate for the Conference Champion automatically getting the playoff spot, no matter what record the winning team has. In my mind, you are the best team in the conference if you win your championship game. I also wouldn't screw the Big 10 out of a playoff spot, if the Badgers beat Ohio State, just because the Big 10 is the best conference in college football and they happened to beat each other up a bit along the way.

However, my guess is, since Wisconsin has lost two games and Ohio State has lost none, that Ohio State would still get the playoff spot (or some other one loss team might be argued in there instead of Ohio State), and Wisconsin just ends up with a very good bowl game. Either way, it would bother me, since either no Big 10 team would get into the playoff (I do not foresee this happening) or else the Conference Champion loser would get into the playoff and the Conference Champion winner wouldn't get into the playoff (I can foresee this happening). But, if Ohio State wins, which they probably will, this won't be an issue.

If OSU lost,I think they would get the 4 th spot,but maybe not,Utah and Oklahoma could box them out.

I think there's a very good probability that even if OSU were to lose they would get into the CFP based on their resume...but I agree with you. If conference championships are to mean anything than winning one should be a requirement to be in the CFP with the 4 game format.

Having said that I have my tickets to the Big10 Championship Game and If Wisconsin has improved dramatically then they would still only be able to hang with OSU for 3 quarters. OSU has the depth and talent to stack the line of scrimmage to stop Taylor and force Wisconsin to throw and our DB's are are good enough to shut down The Badgers receivers man to man. If the Cheeseheads are going to win this game they need to think outside the box and that's not exactly something The Badgers are famous for.

One things for sure about those fucking Cheeseheads...win or lose you'll know you've played a game.

If OSU lost,I think they would get the 4 th spot,but maybe not,Utah and Oklahoma could box them out.
I'm pretty sure they'd get the fourth spot based on how the CFP committee works but as an OSU fan I think they shouldn't. I think that the conference championships should be the de-facto first round of the playoffs and those who lose can go home and cry about it till next season. Don't win your conference championshp? To bad...you didn't earn it. Hopefully that is the way things are headed and SEC bias will probably guarantee it.

Having said that I think this OSU team will win out. I just haven't seen anyone else in the country playing at the level they are.

Their “down” week was against Penn State.

No disrespect to LSU but Clemson is the team that scares me the most. Yea they haven't played anyone but they are just absolutely loaded with 5 and 4 star talent and Sweeney is as inscrutable coach as you will find in major college football. The real question is who will face them first? OSU or LSU?

The real question is who will face them first? OSU or LSU?
Personally I don’t care who LSU plays first. As far as I’m concerned they can throw all four names in a hat and choose who plays who that way.
In bowl games 1/2 the teams go away winners, 1/2 go away losers. In the CFP 3/4 of the teams end the season as losers, 1/4 end as the winner. Once in the CFP anything less than to be the NC would be disappointing (I’d think).

No disrespect to LSU but Clemson is the team that scares me the most.
No doubt they’re peaking at the right time but they’re not nearly battle hardened like LSU and OSU. I didn’t see the Clemson- USCeast game but the score certainly wasn’t earth shattering against a so so team.

Back