College Football is back!

Agreed. FUCK Alabama. They can suck it. 100% definitely no way y'all can be finagled into the playoffs now, fuckers!!

I love when Auburn beats them.

Yeah, I can understand why you'd feel that way. In the last 12 years you have won 4 times. That does make it special when you win. But hell, one of those times you beat Bama, you had to watch the Crimson Tide go on to win the National Championship. That would have been hard.

And, of course, watching your cross state rivals win 5 National Championships in 10 years was tough. And auburn won 1 championship in that time. The 2nd in their history.

And the CFP? Never been? But you can crow about Bama not making it this year. We made it the previous 5 years. But you go ahead and crow about this one.

I'm pretty sure they'd get the fourth spot based on how the CFP committee works but as an OSU fan I think they shouldn't. I think that the conference championships should be the de-facto first round of the playoffs and those who lose can go home and cry about it till next season. Don't win your conference championshp? To bad...you didn't earn it. Hopefully that is the way things are headed and SEC bias will probably guarantee it.

Having said that I think this OSU team will win out. I just haven't seen anyone else in the country playing at the level they are.

I agree. I don't think anyone plays as well on both sides of the ball. OSU will take it all this year.

No doubt they’re peaking at the right time but they’re not nearly battle hardened like LSU and OSU. I didn’t see the Clemson- USCeast game but the score certainly wasn’t earth shattering against a so so team.

Battle hardened usually means injuries too. Clemson has fewer of those.

I think the only team that can give OSU a run will be Clemson.

Yeah, I can understand why you'd feel that way. In the last 12 years you have won 4 times. That does make it special when you win. But hell, one of those times you beat Bama, you had to watch the Crimson Tide go on to win the National Championship. That would have been hard.

And, of course, watching your cross state rivals win 5 National Championships in 10 years was tough. And auburn won 1 championship in that time. The 2nd in their history.

And the CFP? Never been? But you can crow about Bama not making it this year. We made it the previous 5 years. But you go ahead and crow about this one.
I'm a Badger fan, not an Auburn fan, but I just get sick of the same teams being in the playoffs and winning the playoffs over and over and over and over. I also don't care for Nick Saban; it was funny watching him get pissed off on the sidelines.

So yes, I want Clemson to go down in the playoffs too, so someone else can win it for a change, even if it is the also hated Ohio State... At this point, I would like to see LSU or the 4th team win it all, but do think it will be OSU and Clemson with OSU winning it (barring injuries and whatever).

I'm a Badger fan, not an Auburn fan, but I just get sick of the same teams being in the playoffs and winning the playoffs over and over and over and over. I also don't care for Nick Saban; it was funny watching him get pissed off on the sidelines.

So yes, I want Clemson to go down in the playoffs too, so someone else can win it for a change, even if it is the also hated Ohio State... At this point, I would like to see LSU or the 4th team win it all, but do think it will be OSU and Clemson with OSU winning it (barring injuries and whatever).

I need to apologize for my reply to you yesterday. I pride myself on how I act when we win and when we lose. I did not react well yesterday. A lot of it is because of the noise of the auburn fans on my FaceBook page. I understand the desire to see new faces in the playoffs. Please accept my apologies for the classless way I responded to your post yesterday.

I need to apologize for my reply to you yesterday. I pride myself on how I act when we win and when we lose. I did not react well yesterday. A lot of it is because of the noise of the auburn fans on my FaceBook page. I understand the desire to see new faces in the playoffs. Please accept my apologies for the classless way I responded to your post yesterday.

Accepted... Understandable, as lots of people really get into their sports teams :)

Personally, while I would (in general) prefer that my home State teams win (Wisconsin & Green Bay Packers... aka, "Cheeseheads"), it doesn't bother me if they lose or anything like that. And with Green Bay right now, since I can't stand the overly arrogant "me me me me me" Aaron Rodgers as the face of our team, I just can't bring myself to root for GB until he is no longer our QB. I, instead, root for Seattle, as Russell Wilson (who played for WI his Senior year) is the face of their team, and he's got MUCH more class than Aaron's got.

For basketball, I root for Virginia as much as I root for Wisconsin, simply because Tony Bennett is their coach (He has Wisconsin ties, as he was on the staff when his dad coached for us and got our much less talented team to the final four in 2000).

Accepted... Understandable, as lots of people really get into their sports teams :)

Talked to a friend of mine living in Georgia yesterday. He says the UGA fans around there actually believe the NC game is tomorrow against LSU. Once they beat LSU the rest will be easy.

Last edited:
My lips are sealed. Don’t want to jinx them .

See ya in Skagit Valley. Looks like that’s where we will be in les than a yr

Cool, Me island is in Skagit County, once I retire I will prolly move there as well.

Plan on some trips ta RR Island: Doc!!!! Fast boats, (wine women n' song). I don't drink very much, so scratch the wine, n' you are happily married, butt: at least I have some fast boats!

I'm pondering Walla Walla as well, (more sunshine, very nice town).

I lived there fer a year and 1/2 after I gradjeated from Washington, (the commie U by the purdy lake)

Back