College Football is back!

Just giving Mott a hard time.

Mott is a friend of mine online. But I like giving him a hard time too.

The thing about QBs is that the coaching can make all the difference in the world. Burrows was mediocre at Ohio State. He was mediocre last year. But this year he is a different animal. Not only does he show he has the skills, he is in command of the field.

The game with Alabama on 11/9 is now a showdown.

The game with Alabama on 11/9 is now a showdown.
Way too early to speculate on that game. Bama always gives LSU their best though. I remember Saban saying that was always a spot on their schedule they were wary of (or something to that effect). And Alabama always seems to have more muscle in the trenches.
I will say this - at this point it would be a little disappointing if LSU has a two loss regular season. Outside of Bama there's Florida - there's always bad blood between those two for some reason. Auburn and A&M are pretty good too.
Of course Bama has to get by Ole Miss, lol.

Way too early to speculate on that game. Bama always gives LSU their best though. I remember Saban saying that was always a spot on their schedule they were wary of (or something to that effect). And Alabama always seems to have more muscle in the trenches.
I will say this - at this point it would be a little disappointing if LSU has a two loss regular season. Outside of Bama there's Florida - there's always bad blood between those two for some reason. Auburn and A&M are pretty good too.
Of course Bama has to get by Ole Miss, lol.

Ole Miss is pretty pitiful this year. They lost to Memphis. lol

If we were playing in Baton Rouge, I would feel better. Up until the last few years, LSU had won more games in Tuscaloosa than in Baton Rouge.

I think LSU's offense is clicking, but Bama's defense is much better than LSU's. But the game isn't until November.

Ole Miss is pretty pitiful this year. They lost to Memphis. lol

If we were playing in Baton Rouge, I would feel better. Up until the last few years, LSU had won more games in Tuscaloosa than in Baton Rouge.

I think LSU's offense is clicking, but Bama's defense is much better than LSU's. But the game isn't until November.

I no longer get disappointed when LSU loses to Bama. I fully expect it - they just get too revved up with emotion for that game every yr. rather than methodically prepare. Maybe Coach O will calm them down. Of course Les Miles' preparation was probably "rah rah sis boom bah" without even looking at film the week before the game.
Texas A&M and Auburn have a better chance IMO. Even Ole Miss, lol.

The ASU Sun Devils defeat Michigan State! Yes! ASU's star running back, Eno Benjamin, was held to just 38 yards rushing, BUT he scored the game winning touchdown with seconds remaining. Great win for ASU, they'll be in the top 25 after tonight's games.

Last edited:
I saw a fun stat on Oklahoma QB Jalen Hurts.

In 3 games Hurts has thrown 12 incompletions. In the same 3 games he has 13 TDs.

Looks like Clemson's entire season is a warmup for the CFP.
The ACC is looking like a mediocre FCS conference.

Way to early to tell given how the maybe 1 game out of the first four will be against top competition...then there's the SEC mythology BS that loads the deck in their favor.....

Having said that after next weeks game we should have an idea who the better conferences based on this bizzare notion called "objective facts" that SEC fans just can't seem to get their heads around.

Way to early to tell given how the maybe 1 game out of the first four will be against top competition...then there's the SEC mythology BS that loads the deck in their favor.....

Having said that after next weeks game we should have an idea who the better conferences based on this bizzare notion called "objective facts" that SEC fans just can't seem to get their heads around.

I don't really care about best conference. I care about my team and the teams we will play.

I don't really care about best conference. I care about my team and the teams we will play.

Word. After this weekend I will find out how good my Buckeyes really are. My assessment so far is on offense we aren’t missing a beat. Our running game appears to have significantly improved but not as much as we have on defense. Our secondary has four NFL Caliber talents and our linebackers have really improved.

But we won’t know for sure till we play some real competition.

Back