College Football is back!

Georgia won, but I was hoping for more of a blowout.

LSU is looking tough. Bama rolled against a minor opponent.

But the game that amazed me was Wisconsin beating Michigan like a redheaded stepchild. If it was anybody but Harbaugh I would say he is gone.

But the game that amazed me was Wisconsin beating Michigan like a redheaded stepchild. If it was anybody but Harbaugh I would say he is gone.
Georgia, LSU and Wisconson each have one "good" win and Auburn has two now with a nasty schedule still to come. Even their win over Tulane is looking better. Clemson has one pretty good win at home. It's looking like that'll be the stiffest competition they'll face before December. Kinda like they have a bye until then. Wonder if that lack of competition will hurt them in the CFP .
Texas and ND each have a "good" loss.

Last edited:

At least Michigan played a real team.
OSU has played 4 tomato cans.

It's getting old all these major schools,playing teams,beneath them!

Michigan simply has no excuse. They had a bye week, so they had two weeks to prepare. At one point it was 35-0. The final score doesn't even show how badly they were beaten.

For the last few years I have heard how Harbaugh is the "new sheriff in town" and that he is going to beat everyone and win championships. He hasn't made the playoffs and he never beat Ohio State.

Michigan simply has no excuse. They had a bye week, so they had two weeks to prepare. At one point it was 35-0. The final score doesn't even show how badly they were beaten.

For the last few years I have heard how Harbaugh is the "new sheriff in town" and that he is going to beat everyone and win championships. He hasn't made the playoffs and he never beat Ohio State.

He did so well in the NFL,I'm surprised he hasn't done better.

Both my college and NFL teams came out this weekend with no gameplan and made zero adjustments. So, it was kind-of a rough weekend for football.

Two of my three local teams also lost (EWU and WSU), to cap things off.

He did so well in the NFL,I'm surprised he hasn't done better.

I think it takes a different skill set to win in college than in the NFL.

I have no idea why Harbaugh won in the NFL and not in college ball. But I can't see him being there too much longer. He is being paid $8 million, and he has never beaten Ohio State and never been to the playoffs.

Ohio State plays its fourth tomato can this week
Miami of Ohio a MAC school.

I'm interested to see if Ohio State can beat Wisconsin or not... The Badgers finally have a passing game to compliment the best running back in college football, and their defense is a bit better than last year.

I think it takes a different skill set to win in college than in the NFL.

I have no idea why Harbaugh won in the NFL and not in college ball. But I can't see him being there too much longer. He is being paid $8 million, and he has never beaten Ohio State and never been to the playoffs.

And Wisconsin just got done making Michigan look downright pathetic...

Word. After this weekend I will find out how good my Buckeyes really are. My assessment so far is on offense we aren’t missing a beat. Our running game appears to have significantly improved but not as much as we have on defense. Our secondary has four NFL Caliber talents and our linebackers have really improved.

But we won’t know for sure till we play some real competition.

You won't find out how good the Buckeyes are until they play my Badgers, although Ohio State has lately gotten the better of them (as OSU's speed/athleticism seems to typically give Wisconsin fits). But this year, even if OSU finds a way to contain Taylor in the run game, they gotta take WI's passing game seriously.

Yup. Wisconsin manhandled them, especially at the line of scrimmage.

Correct. Wisconsin manhandled them completely. Michigan only got their first score (literally handed to them on a silver platter) due to one complete bullshit targeting call which extended their drive, and then a second targeting call, this time actually being targeting (I think the dude just wanted to show everyone what targeting actually was). Michigan's second score came during garbage time after the Badgers completely let off the gas. Did Michigan even possess the ball for 15 minutes that whole game?

.....almost always a tough game;)

It'll be much tougher than the season finale against Michigan. I'd be surprised if Ohio State doesn't also completely dominate them. There's plenty of decent teams in the Big 10, and Michigan seems to be towards the bottom of those decent teams this year.

Last edited:
You won't find out how good the Buckeyes are until they play my Badgers, although Ohio State has lately gotten the better of them (as OSU's speed/athleticism seems to typically give Wisconsin fits). But this year, even if OSU finds a way to contain Taylor in the run game, they gotta take WI's passing game seriously.

We always take you Cheeseheads seriously. ;)

Back