College Football is back!

I heard that tickets have gotten so cheap that for $75 you can stand on the sidelines with the coaches and even call two plays.

Just don't speed in Knoxville TN. If you get pulled over they give you two tickets. To the next home game.

At least we'll know how they got their two scores then...

Arkansas giving A&M a hard time. Is Jimbo Fisher an overrated coach? He left Fla. State a wreck.
LSU board wanted him after they fired Les. Good thing they listened to the players.

Well anyone impressed with OSU destroying Nebraska at Lincoln in such a dominating and balanced fashion? Only problem is Wisconsin and PSU look equally good.

anonymoose's top 10 at this point in the season:

Co #1's Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma
#4 Auburn
co #5's Georgia, LSU
#7 Wisconsin
#8 Clemson
#9 Florida
co #10's Notre Dame, Texas, Penn State

Well anyone impressed with OSU destroying Nebraska at Lincoln in such a dominating and balanced fashion? Only problem is Wisconsin and PSU look equally good.

I was impressed. OSU looked great all across the board. The only caveat I would say is whether or not Nebraska is any better than last year when they lost to Troy.

Well anyone impressed with OSU destroying Nebraska at Lincoln in such a dominating and balanced fashion?
The complete domination counts for something, definitely. Ohio State is a really good team. Nebraska isn't that good though, no matter where they play at.

Only problem is Wisconsin and PSU look equally good.
I think they both are right up there with Ohio State. I think Ohio State is the best of the three, while Wisconsin and Penn State are probably pretty evenly beneath them, but too bad they don't get to play each other.

Wisconsin's offense had an off-day against Northwestern (who always gets overlooked in the Big 10), but their defense was once again solid and pulled through for them. I got a feeling that OSU vs WI is going to be a preview of the Big 10 Championship game. I got a feeling that OSU's speed/athleticism will be too much for them once again, but we'll see.

I was impressed. OSU looked great all across the board. The only caveat I would say is whether or not Nebraska is any better than last year when they lost to Troy.

I don't think Nebraska is any better than prior years... They just aren't up to snuff with the Big 10 powerhouses...

anonymoose's top 10 at this point in the season:

Co #1's Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma
#4 Auburn
co #5's Georgia, LSU
#7 Wisconsin
#8 Clemson
#9 Florida
co #10's Notre Dame, Texas, Penn State

That's approximately where I am at at this point in the year... Might shift a few up or a few down, but the teams are pretty much the same...

That's approximately where I am at at this point in the year... Might shift a few up or a few down, but the teams are pretty much the same...

Auburn has already had the most respectable schedule so far and has the toughest coming up - by far. If they end the season with 2 losses that will be very, very good for them.

Last edited:
annymoose's most impressive W - L schedules (so far) from my top 10:

1. Auburn
2. (tie) LSU, Georgia
4. Wisconsin
5. ND
6. Texas
7. (tie) Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma
10. (tie) Clemson, Florida, Penn State

ND and Texas had "good" losses.

The complete domination counts for something, definitely. Ohio State is a really good team. Nebraska isn't that good though, no matter where they play at.

I think they both are right up there with Ohio State. I think Ohio State is the best of the three, while Wisconsin and Penn State are probably pretty evenly beneath them, but too bad they don't get to play each other.

Wisconsin's offense had an off-day against Northwestern (who always gets overlooked in the Big 10), but their defense was once again solid and pulled through for them. I got a feeling that OSU vs WI is going to be a preview of the Big 10 Championship game. I got a feeling that OSU's speed/athleticism will be too much for them once again, but we'll see.
Well we have to play both so we'll find out. I wouldn't sell PSU short. They're a great program and they are over due. Someone always seems to rise their ugly head in the Big 10.

Miss State? Oh please...they're about up there with North Western...without the academics. They're probably not even that good. LOL

This isn't 1971. Neb. and Miss. Sate are comparable. Both 3 -2. And Jeff Sagarin has Miss. State at 23, Neb. at 36. Not that I put much faith in those ratings but we don't have much to go on.

Meeehhh....From what I've seen
You haven't seen much. Nobody has at this point.
they're not any better than the Big 10. I'd give a slight nudge to the SEC West over the Big 10 East but the Big 10 West is definately better than the SEC East. I'd call it about even.
Quite the compliment coming from you. I figured you'd have the SEC alongside the ACC , PAC12 or maybe even Mountain West.

Meeehhh....From what I've seen they're not any better than the Big 10. I'd give a slight nudge to the SEC West over the Big 10 East but the Big 10 West is definately better than the SEC East. I'd call it about even.

Fair point... I forgot about Minnesota. They are better this year (and last) than prior years. So yeah, I'll give the Big 10 West the win over the SEC East. The SEC East has Georgia and Florida... The Big 10 West has Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota who are all doing well so far this year.

The SEC West I'd say is better than the Big 10 East. The Big 10 East has Ohio State and Penn State up top, with Michigan State following, but the SEC West has Auburn, Alabama, and LSU, all of which I think are right up there for the top teams in the country.

I'd say the SEC is better simply because I'd say that they have more "top 10" teams than any other conference has, but the Big 10 is not too far behind them (and I'd say they have more "top 20" teams than any other conference). I do think the SEC and the Big 10 blow other conferences out of the water though.

There's different ways to look at it. We'll see come the end of the season though, as things can change rather quickly.

Back