College football starts in 7 weeks!!

Well this year may be sunk. Son of a …….

It sucks. I wanted Bama to have a shot at payback on OSU. Even if nothing comes of all this, the distraction could easily ruin the season. And if they show that Coach Meyer knew? Gonna need a new coach. Hard to do at the beginning of the season.

Everything is going to work out, one way or another...patience at this point is so important for everyone.... both in and out of the program to let the fact come in before making a judgement...
but....No coach is immune...we know that...

Everything is going to work out, one way or another...patience at this point is so important for everyone.... both in and out of the program to let the fact come in before making a judgement...
but....No coach is immune...we know that...

True. I think a lot of people are jumping the gun. First it has to be established that Zach Smith actually abused his ex wife. So far he hasn’t even been charged with domestic abuse let alone convicted.

Secondly Dan Wetzel at Yahoo Sports imeadiately reported the Meyer should be fired and we all know that Wetzel has such shit for brains it’s amazing he can remember to breath. If Wetzel thinks he should be fired then there’s a high probability he won’t as Wetzel rarely, if ever, knows what he’s talking about.

True. I think a lot of people are jumping the gun. First it has to be established that Zach Smith actually abused his ex wife. So far he hasn’t even been charged with domestic abuse let alone convicted.

Secondly Dan Wetzel at Yahoo Sports imeadiately reported the Meyer should be fired and we all know that Wetzel has such shit for brains it’s amazing he can remember to breath.
All true...this shouldn't even be an issue involving Coach Myers....it's a mess, though, isn't it?

It sucks. I wanted Bama to have a shot at payback on OSU. Even if nothing comes of all this, the distraction could easily ruin the season. And if they show that Coach Meyer knew? Gonna need a new coach. Hard to do at the beginning of the season.
Meh I don’t think it would hurt that much this year. We have three coaches with the experience to fill in as head coach. It’s down the road it will hurt as if Meyer is fired it will enhance OSU’s reputation as the graveyard of coaches.

Meyer has done an excellent job of recruiting not only great athletes but young men of good character. He’s done far better at OSU than he did in Florida in that respect.

All true...this shouldn't even be an issue involving Coach Myers....it's a mess, though, isn't it?

Shades of Zeke Elliot who essentially got suspended for Ray Rice hitting his wife. Meyer could get fired because Harvey Weinstein’s sexual abuse of women.

Meh I don’t think it would hurt that much this year. We have three coaches with the experience to fill in as head coach. It’s down the road it will hurt as if Meyer is fired it will enhance OSU’s reputation as the graveyard of coaches.

Meyer has done an excellent job of recruiting not only great athletes but young men of good character. He’s done far better at OSU than he did in Florida in that respect.

The existence of text messages implying that Meyer was told about the abuse as well as an apparent lie from Meyer in a recent press conference that he didn’t know of the incidents is pretty damning though.

The existence of text messages implying that Meyer was told about the abuse as well as an apparent lie from Meyer in a recent press conference that he didn’t know of the incidents is pretty damning though.

Actually the text messages were to his wife.

Right but apparently one of the text messages from Meyers wife to the assistant coach’s wife said that he spoke to his assistant coach and the coach denied everything. So based on that it sounds as if Meyer knew about it. Why Meyer would lie though in that press conference about not knowing anything about it is what has gotten him in trouble. It sounds like he is protecting the coach and not the victim. Choosing an individual who he has a long relationship with over his own integrity and the programs integrity. It’s all self inflicted it seems.

Last edited:
So many different stories....even from the guy who originally reported it....and the wife of the who's texting and making claim.......
We'll see....

Right but apparently one of the text messages from Meyers wife to the assistant coach’s wife said that he spoke to his assistant coach and the coach denied everything. So based on that it sounds as if Meyer knew about it. Why Meyer would lie though in that press conference about not knowing anything about it is what has gotten him in trouble. It sounds like he is protecting the coach and not the victim. Choosing an individual who he has a long relationship with over his own integrity and the programs integrity. It’s all self inflicted it seems.
Well again....that's alleged victim. There have been no domestic violence charges pressed against Smith.

Well again....that's alleged victim. There have been no domestic violence charges pressed against Smith.

Reports are that she was encouraged to not press charges by people close to Meyer and Smith since it would cause him to lose his job and harm her since she wasn’t working and not divorced at the time. She also sent pictures of bruises to coaches wives. Meyer and Smith have a long working relationship and Smith’s grandfather was Meyers mentor. Meyer and his wife even helped Smith and his wife years back for similar abuse. Are you sure you are not letting your passions for your school and community cloud your judgement?

That’s all beside the point anyway though. What has Meyer in trouble is despite all of the facts coming out about it he lied about knowledge of it at the Big 10 media week which is what has him in trouble since he clearly knew. The known evidence to this point leans heavily that he knew. So why lie?

Last edited:
Reports are that she was encouraged to not press charges by people close to Meyer and Smith since it would cause him to lose his job and harm her since she wasn’t working and not divorced at the time. She also sent pictures of bruises to coaches wives. Meyer and Smith have a long working relationship and Smith’s grandfather was Meyers mentor. Meyer and his wife even helped Smith and his wife years back for similar abuse. Are you sure you are not letting your passions for your school and community cloud your judgement?

That’s all beside the point anyway though. What has Meyer in trouble is despite all of the facts coming out about it he lied about knowledge of it at the Big 10 media week which is what has him in trouble since he clearly knew. The known evidence to this point leans heavily that he knew. So why lie?
Hello Norah, welcome back, getting ready for school? Busy summer?

Hello Norah, welcome back, getting ready for school? Busy summer?

I actually graduated this past May so I’m definitely not getting ready for school right now. My summers been good thanks for asking. Did and doing some traveling, some competing, some fishing, and work.

I actually graduated this past May so I’m definitely not getting ready for school right now. My summers been good thanks for asking. Did and doing some traveling, some competing, some fishing, and work.
Congratulations on your graduation.

Yes, the victim was texting with Urban's wife a good bit. Mrs. Meyer was obviously very concerned about the young woman.

I think it is a pretty hard sell that she was so compassionate about the young woman, but never mentioned it to her husband for 3 years.

According to USAToday, the records show the police were called out to their residence on 9 different occasions.
Do they mention that no charges were ever filed?
Here we go with texts and stories that are years old....coming out now because her husband was fired....
Let the investigation be carried out before passing judgment on the head coach....

Back