Cop Beats Retarded Black Woman to Death with Taser

It doesn't say anything about totalitarian abuse...in fact, all it mentions is authority.

Not only that, but you are trying to put modern connotations and values on to an ancient piece of text-- at that period in time it was illegal to be a Christian and Christians were often executed; this combined with the fact that some believed Jesus to be a sort of revolutionary leader did not bode well for early Christians.

Since Romans is a letter instructing Christians (who were outlaws) what to do, it is telling them not to try anything crazy like lead a revolution or trying to fight against the Roman government.

But of course, you would have use logic to draw these conclusions, not running on a tank full of batshit crazy.
If all government is from god then people must accept totalitarian abuse. In fact, complaining about any authority abuse is anti-god and anti-semitic.

I think most religions are pretty gay because of this nazi type of bullshit they contain.

What Nazi-type bullshit (nice Godwin, by the way)?

If you are going to completely ignore the explanation for those verses that I provided, you should probably just get out of the thread.

If all government is from god then people must accept totalitarian abuse. In fact, complaining about any authority abuse is anti-god and anti-semitic.

It doesn't say that, and Romans was referring to a specific situation, as I have already indicated.

First of all, totalitarian governments have been the norm throughout most of human history-- only recently have we decided that they are not a viable government type.

Secondly, it says nothing about anti-Semitism, but nice try at connecting those Jews you hate so much to this.

Again, I have provided a reason for those verses, but you refuse to use your brain.

Well, you should learn not to be smarmy unless you want people to take you literally every once in a while.

The last person to teach someone about being taken seriously should be you.

So I guess it isn't solely a black problem.

It's everyone's problem.

No, it means that you prosecute and arrest the offending cops, the same as you would any other criminal. But it does also mean that they get their day in court the same as anyone else, not a lynching by the court of public opinion.

More likely, they get a petty 'paid suspension' while they 'investigate' the cop, when the shit is clear as day on the tape. They don't lose their jobs, they get paid, and rarely have things settled in court. You're delusional.

Your liberties have not been violated, and it is a gross exaggeration to act as if liberties are in danger because of the actions of some dirty cops--hardly the same thing as a state-sanctioned threat to liberties. But it is fun to watch the super-libertarians bitch about everything as if it is the biggest threat to democracy and freedom in the history of democracy and freedom.

We can pretend that cops are all good then, cause they have authority over us and wear the badge, and when they fuck up, lets just pretend it never happened.

I haven't said a word about Obama's middle name (I don't give a shit) and I don't listen to his wife. This election sucks on both sides for me, so I'm taking a rain check and doing a write-in once November rolls around.

With your ego, I would not doubt you write-in yourself.

You do not understand where I am coming from. And I really did not expect you to. perhaps someday.

No, I don't understand old fogey dementia. You only make a little more sense than BB and top. There is no contradiction in opposing undue authority and supporting a candidate that does the same.

The last person to teach someone about being taken seriously should be you.
Por que?

It's everyone's problem.
No shit, that was my point. Good job!

More likely, they get a petty 'paid suspension' while they 'investigate' the cop, when the shit is clear as day on the tape. They don't lose their jobs, they get paid, and rarely have things settled in court. You're delusional.
I didn't say that what should happen is what does happen-- all I said was my personal opinion on what SHOULD happen in such a situation. The only difference between RString and I insofar as police are concerned is who we blame-- he blames the system, I blame the cop. We both think that there should be consequences, but I appreciate your attempt to put words in my mouth.

We can pretend that cops are all good then, cause they have authority over us and wear the badge, and when they fuck up, lets just pretend it never happened.
I never said that-- several times now I have said that there are corrupt cops. Lots of cops are corrupt-- the problem is not the system, it is the lack of action taken against corruption.

With your ego, I would not doubt you write-in yourself.

I am so glad I can take time out of my life everyday to have strangers tell me how I am going to behave and what my personality is like, having never met me and having never met anyone I know.

I didn't say that what should happen is what does happen-- all I said was my personal opinion on what SHOULD happen in such a situation. The only difference between RString and I insofar as police are concerned is who we blame-- he blames the system, I blame the cop. We both think that there should be consequences, but I appreciate your attempt to put words in my mouth.

I never said that-- several times now I have said that there are corrupt cops. Lots of cops are corrupt-- the problem is not the system, it is the lack of action taken against corruption.

The problem with this arguement gonzo, that these corrupt cops are part of the system that decides what action to take. The lack of consequences IS a problem with the system.

I am so glad I can take time out of my life everyday to have strangers tell me how I am going to behave and what my personality is like, having never met me and having never met anyone I know.

I don't need to meet someone to know how to spot egoism.

So I guess it isn't solely a black problem.

Never said it did. Only one article I posted today had anything to do with race. You are the one reading into it.

No, it means that you prosecute and arrest the offending cops, the same as you would any other criminal. But it does also mean that they get their day in court the same as anyone else, not a lynching by the court of public opinion.

So, it would be wrong to assume the cops are not part of the "Starbucks" crowd. That is, you show much greater concern for the right to due process for cops than you show for the victims of abuse. You are a knee jerk reactionary.

Me, I don't think we should treat cops different than we treat any other "criminals." :)

Of course, they should get their day in court, but the burden of proof is not any less against normal citizens.

Your liberties have not been violated, and it is a gross exaggeration to act as if liberties are in danger because of the actions of some dirty cops--hardly the same thing as a state-sanctioned threat to liberties. But it is fun to watch the super-libertarians bitch about everything as if it is the biggest threat to democracy and freedom in the history of democracy and freedom.

What do you call it if it is not a state sanctioned?

Our liberties are in jeopardy from right wing aholes with their patriot acts, drug wars and knee jerk defense of government abuse.

The problem with this arguement gonzo, that these corrupt cops are part of the system that decides what action to take. The lack of consequences IS a problem with the system.
But it is a problem then of oversight, and not with the police departments in general.

I guess I should clarify-- my issue with this issue (lol) is that I get tired of the kind of people that are always (figuratively) spitting on cops. Cops have a hard job, and most of them are honest people. So yes, there are some problems, but I just get sick of cops in general being vilified because of some of the douchebags that make it into the department.

I don't need to meet someone to know how to spot egoism.
Yes you do. For all you know, this could be an act.

Never said it did. Only one article I posted today had anything to do with race. You are the one reading into it.
You have mentioned race several times, don't try to get out of it.

So, it would be wrong to assume the cops are not part of the "Starbucks" crowd. That is, you show much greater concern for the right to due process for cops than you show for the victims of abuse. You are a knee jerk reactionary.
No, that is false. The fact that I think cops should be prosecuted for violating the due process of their "victims" does not negate the fact that cops also get due process.

Me, I don't think we should treat cops different than we treat any other "criminals." :)
I don't either-- the way the law says they should be treated.

Of course, they should get their day in court, but the burden of proof is not any less against normal citizens.
The burden of proof is on the court, not the defendant.

What do you call it if it is not a state sanctioned?

Our liberties are in jeopardy from right wing aholes with their patriot acts, drug wars and knee jerk defense of government abuse.

Name one liberty you have lost due to the Patriot Act.

THERE ARE NO CONSEQUENCES. That's why it is clearly a systemic problem. It's not isolated incidents. It is a widespread problem due to internal coverup and citizens looking the other way because the victim is probably not part of the "Starbucks crowd."

God, you are an idiot. Translation of above... it's not the system, it's the system in other words.

THERE ARE NO CONSEQUENCES. That's why it is clearly a systemic problem. It's not isolated incidents. It is a widespread problem due to internal coverup and citizens looking the other way because the victim is probably not part of the "Starbucks crowd."

God, you are an idiot. Translation of above... it's not the system, it's the system in other words.

Depends on your definition of system, I suppose. Also, a lot of the reason that cops are not instantly jumped upon by their fellow cops is because they are frequently accused of corruption.

The problem is weeding out the false alarms from the actual crimes as much as it is prosecuting those that are corrupt.

But it is a problem then of oversight, and not with the police departments in general.

I guess I should clarify-- my issue with this issue (lol) is that I get tired of the kind of people that are always (figuratively) spitting on cops. Cops have a hard job, and most of them are honest people. So yes, there are some problems, but I just get sick of cops in general being vilified because of some of the douchebags that make it into the department.

Again, the oversight is the police department that employs these corrupt assholes. Citizens have to call out the police to keep them straight or else there will be no oversight. I'm fortunate enough to live in a town now where the police are barely called and quite friendly. I lived in Canton for 24 years, where the police are total douchebags and arrogant as all hell. They think they are better than the people. They've been coming up in the News quite frequently lately.

Yes you do. For all you know, this could be an act.

You should be on Broadway.. ;)

Again, the oversight is the police department that employs these corrupt assholes. Citizens have to call out the police to keep them straight or else there will be no oversight. I'm fortunate enough to live in a town now where the police are barely called and quite friendly. I lived in Canton for 24 years, where the police are total douchebags and arrogant as all hell. They think they are better than the people. They've been coming up in the News quite frequently lately.
What about Internal Affairs? I don't know much about the way the police department is structured, but I'm under the impression that IA is free of the rest of the department.

You should be on Broadway.. ;)
That's what I keep telling everyone!

You have mentioned race several times, don't try to get out of it.

BS! One post had something to do with race and you made all of it about race.

No, that is false. The fact that I think cops should be prosecuted for violating the due process of their "victims" does not negate the fact that cops also get due process.

You specifically stated that you used the "Starbucks" line to depict those one would assume are not engaged in illegal activity and excluded the victims. That is you assumed they were criminals. But an accused cop, no it is important that we specifically point out that they deserve due process and not to be tried in the court of public opinion.

The burden of proof is on the court, not the defendant.

Uhh... yeah, that's what I said.

Name one liberty you have lost due to the Patriot Act.

I can't or I would be charged with a crime.

Typical defense of fascist. Hey, we are only beating up on the (insert societal bogeyman). If you are not a (insert societal bogeyman) then why worry? Are you a (insert societal bogeyman)?

What about Internal Affairs? I don't know much about the way the police department is structured, but I'm under the impression that IA is free of the rest of the department.

Haha, yeah, you did not see the story on the mayor of Detroit and his firing of the IA chief? Go through blissfully ignorant of the realities if you like.

BS! One post had something to do with race and you made all of it about race.
Lies.

You specifically stated that you used the "Starbucks" line to depict those one would assume are not engaged in illegal activity and excluded the victims. That is you assumed they were criminals. But an accused cop, no it is important that we specifically point out that they deserve due process and not to be tried in the court of public opinion.
Yes, I did assume that they are criminals-- most people getting arrested are criminals, after all, and since I am not a judge or jury I am free to assume guilt. However, they get due process, just like the cop--- your problem is that you think due process means they can't be held on some bullshit charge..which isn't true. If I remember correctly, you can be held for something like three days without even being charged with a crime.

I can't or I would be charged with a crime.
If you are referring to drugs, that is not a liberty you had. Drugs were already illegal, regrettably. On the day that drugs are legalised, I will be in line with everyone else, and you can be sure of that. However, I am not going to claim that something that has been illegal longer than my family has been in the country is a "liberty".

Typical defense of fascist. Hey, we are only beating up on the (insert societal bogeyman). If you are not a (insert societal bogeyman) then why worry? Are you a (insert societal bogeyman)?

Where did I use that?

Back