Cop Beats Retarded Black Woman to Death with Taser

Got a word of the day calendar or something? Pretty poor use there.

Okay, but how does the existence of the police force show libertarianism lacking? Please if you are going to say something stupid at least provide a little bit idiotic argument to support it.

The government can't even do something considered a basic function, a power few argue against the government possessing. Even this basic power corrupts. Our abusive police, unjust courts and overcrowded jails are proof that government is totally incompetent.

QED

I wouldn't use Australian police circa 1840 as an example of a "good" police force. It is my understanding that they were super brutal and super corrupt.

I wouldn't either, just as well I didn't. Just one point. Around about that time the various colonies and the province (federation didn't occur until January 1901) the police forces were all highly disparate. On the one hand there was the giant Western Australia force, the South Australian force which covered the area from the bottom part of South Australia to the Northern Territory port of Palmertson (now called Darwin) and then there was Tasmania that, like Britain, had municipal forces even in the smallest towns. It was a huge mish-mash.

On your understanding that "they were super brutal and super corrupt", could be but I'd need something more specific to work with.

The government is us. Is it not the largest employer in this country ? Do we not elect our officials on all levels of government ? Do we not serve on juries ?
That is the problem most cannot see, our government is a reflection of us.

So then why do you hate America? You bash the government all the time. I guess you think you are more loyal because you shut right the fuck up when your party is in power. But in doing so you reject the founding principle of a nation of laws and not of men. You (and sr with you) ACTUALLY hate America.

I know full well that we can affect change otherwise I would not be bashing those apathetic of police abuse. But as gonzo said, he is not the puppet master. He is no more responsible for our government then I am. Together or apart we are NOT the government.

At least, unlike a lot of lefties, you realize the importance of defending police abuse to your cause. You are not quite as honest as gonzo who admits that he is a fascist, but...

Back