Democrat wants felons to vote?

they do... and then, when they get out of prison, some states still will not let them vote.

You refused to disclose the conditions under which you think felons should have their rights restored.

Does your definition of the debt to society include successful completion of probationary periods, parole, payment of court-ordered fines, etc.?

court ordered fines certainly are.... I am undecided about the others.

Did you miss that part of the discussion, Commander?

If we don't want to restore them to full citizenship, why not just keep them incarcerated? It seems to me that to let them out of prison and then to keep them at arm's length, in the shadows, and out of the mainstream of life is a recipe for increased recidivism.

If we don't want to restore them to full citizenship, why not just keep them incarcerated? It seems to me that to let them out of prison and then to keep them at arm's length, in the shadows, and out of the mainstream of life is a recipe for increased recidivism.

Can you produce any studies that would support your suppositions, Commander?

refused? not at all.... it's a complex subject.... I am not going to get bogged down in a minutia pissing match with a tar baby. Suffice it to say that I think those states that restrict the voting rights of people who have served their prison terms for felony convictions should eliminate those restrictions.

refused? not at all.... it's a complex subject.... I am not going to get bogged down in a minutia pissing match with a tar baby. Suffice it to say that I think those states that restrict the voting rights of people who have served their prison terms for felony convictions should eliminate those restrictions.

Without regard to probationary or parole considerations, Commander?

fuck it... this was an interesting experiment in attempting to engage you, but we're done. you're a fucking tar baby.

Imagine actual felons who want to change may aspire to be this guy: Judge Mathis

"As a young man, Greg Mathis was involved with gangs, dropped out of school, spent time behind bars. Growing up as a gang member and heroin dealer in the mean streets of Detroit, Michigan, Mathis had done plenty of time in juvenile detention centers before age 17. All this changed when a judge gave him an ultimatum of: either get a G.E.D. or go to jail. At the same time, Mathis found out his mother was dying of cancer. Rushing to her side, he promised her he'd turn his life around and so did: he attended college; passed the bar and earned a law degree; became the youngest judge in Michigan’s history and then served as a Superior Court Judge for Michigan’s 36th District."

People who are legitimate felons that have harmed people should not bask in the benefits of civil liberties such as voting (unless there is some controlled stipulation of proving their worth) but those who have made poor choices in their lives I personally see no reason why they shouldn't vote. I think Judge Gregory Mathis has proven that with some guidance your typical criminal can change.

1) there is no such thing as a "Superior Court judge" in Michigan....he was a District Court judge
2) all his offenses were juvenile court offenses.....he is not a felon....
3) in Michigan you cannot be licensed to practice law if you have a felony record.....you can lose your license to practice law if convicted of DUIL 2nd offense (felony conviction).....

unfamiliar with the story of b'rer Rabbit, I take it? The tar baby was not a racist image at all.

Ready to discuss the conditions under which convicted felons on parole/probation should have voting rights restored, Commander?

Or are you still "deciding"?

they do... and then, when they get out of prison, some states still will not let them vote.

Did you miss that part of the discussion, globule?
It's a weepy agenda, comrade, so naturally that's a huge turn off to freedom lovers. If some states want to keep them out, then so be it.

Back