Democratic Peace Theory

I try to keep up with your arguments with Cypress but I can't. Half the time I have no idea what you're talking about.

Cypress (and his socks) have been making the same stupid comments for a long time now. IBDaMann often references these long ago moments.
So it can seem a bit confusing.

Cypress (and his socks) have been making the same stupid comments for a long time now. IBDaMann often references these long ago moments.
So it can seem a bit confusing.
For a while, my job was to read contracts all day. Most contracts are boilerplate from 40 years ago with countless contradiction. I prefer to do business with companies with modern and well written contracts. That way I don't have to spend all my time sorting out what is expected to be done on a job.

... because it's over your head? You never asked for any clarification on anything.
Breaking up a post makes it difficult to read. Once Dutch gays up a thread it turns into a circus, yet you keep arguing with fools. Go back and try to read that crap.

Breaking up a post makes it difficult to read.
It makes the response to it much easier to read and understand.

... yet you keep arguing with fools.
That's what this site is for, and there is an overabundance of fools.

Let me know if there are any subjects that I can clarify for you, or subjects that you would like to learn. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

Let me know if there are any subjects that I can clarify for you, or subjects that you would like to learn. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

U R NO GOAT.

Breaking up a post makes it difficult to read. Once Dutch gays up a thread it turns into a circus, yet you keep arguing with fools. Go back and try to read that crap.

AGREED!

It is almost as if they know that they cant produce.

Yes boys and girls...performance never for one second has not mattered in this particular Universe...

OOPS!

I'm not sure if you gave your thoughts on democratic peace theory yet after 132 posts.

U R NO GOAT.
I am the Beta and the Psi. I am, by definition, the greatest of all time. Nonetheless, I'll still take time to grace others who come to my mountain with my insights and my brilliance. I will, however, leave the Alpha and the Omega to be discussed in theological discussions.

I'm not sure if you gave your thoughts on democratic peace theory yet after 132 posts.
This is another example whereby you simply haven't been paying attention when you should have.

Your OP contains an egregious error that stems from your misunderstanding of democracies. You believe that democracy is a constitutional republic that guarantees individual liberties ... instead of correctly understanding democracy as mob rule, no constitution, and no individual liberties, i.e. the "law" shifts and ebbs with the majority. Democracy quickly leads to widespread anxiety and fear. An oligarchy steps in and causes an artificial panic that it promises to solve. The oligarchy comes to power, eliminates all opposition and installs tyranny that clamps down on individual liberties to secure its own comprehensive power, destroying markets and the economy in the process.

At that point, the democracy is long gone. Such oligarchies become hostile and not only stand poised to conscript its population and send it to war, but become belligerent with neighbors and provoke military actions.

Democracies do not bring peace. Democracies usher in their own quick death and an oligarchy that will fill the void. Tyranny and economic strife ensue. Wars (and military conflicts) are thereafter all but guaranteed.

You are guilty of having fallen in love with the word "democracy" and of having forgotten that a republic is what you were really talking about.

This is another example whereby you simply haven't been paying attention when you should have.

Your OP contains an egregious error that stems from your misunderstanding of democracies. You believe that democracy is a constitutional republic that guarantees individual liberties ... instead of correctly understanding democracy as mob rule, no constitution, and no individual liberties, i.e. the "law" shifts and ebbs with the majority. Democracy quickly leads to widespread anxiety and fear. An oligarchy steps in and causes an artificial panic that it promises to solve. The oligarchy comes to power, eliminates all opposition and installs tyranny that clamps down on individual liberties to secure its own comprehensive power, destroying markets and the economy in the process.

At that point, the democracy is long gone. Such oligarchies become hostile and not only stand poised to conscript its population and send it to war, but become belligerent with neighbors and provoke military actions.

Democracies do not bring peace. Democracies usher in their own quick death and an oligarchy that will fill the void. Tyranny and economic strife ensue. Wars (and military conflicts) are thereafter all but guaranteed.

You are guilty of having fallen in love with the word "democracy" and of having forgotten that a republic is what you were really talking about.
So you agree that peace theory is bullcrap?

Nor have I but I am of average intelligence and I choose to be grounded in reality....living in fantasy never appealed to me.
When I first read Freud, he would spend an entire chapter making fun of this Carl Jung guy, so I had to find out who Jung was. Their debates show they have a sense of humor, but this is 2024 and I'm too old to read long-winded debates.

Turned out that Jung made more sense to me then Freud.

When I first read Freud, he would spend an entire chapter making fun of this Carl Jung guy, so I had to find out who Jung was. Their debates show they have a sense of humor, but this is 2024 and I'm too old to read long-winded debates.

Turned out that Jung made more sense to me then Freud.

Jung is one of my fundamental teachers, along with Alan Watts, DT Suzuki, and Thomas Moore of Care of the Soul fame.....I have always found the highest quality teachers far off the beaten track....one might think that Jung is part of the Western Cannon but in reality he has been mostly ignored and dismissed....catastrophically.

Back