Democratic Peace Theory

Your question involves a "no true Scotsman" fallacy. Remove the word "major."

I suppose you missed Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

You might not have been around when Iraq invaded Kuwait.

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is frequently beligerent, sending missiles over Japan and firing munitions into South Korea.

Saudi Arabia attacked Yemen in 2015.

Pakistan invaded Kashmir.

Did you need more?

Prediction: I bet you're going to complain that the aforementioned countries aren't democracies because you don't know what democracies are.

Neither Russia, Ukraine, Iraq, Kuwait, North Korea, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan, nor Kashmir are democracies.

A democracy is government by popular vote. It has no constitution, no dictator, no 'ruling class' or other oligarchy, and no representatives of any kind.

No. The US was never a democracy. It was organized as a federated republic. Each State is a republic, and the federal government is also a republic.

A republic is government by law (in other words, a constitution). That constitution defines each of the representatives, what power and authority they have, their term of office and it's jurisdiction, and the procedure for how they are each elected.

A constitution may only be modified by the owners of that document. For the federal constitution that means the States. For each of the State constitutions, that means the people of that State. A constitution may not be modifiable by the entity that the constitution creates (or it's not a constitution).

Some offices in the U.S., such as a Representative in the House, are elected by popular vote of the people in that district. That is specified in the Constitution. That does NOT make it a democracy. That constitution creates that office, the power and authority it has, it's length of term, and the method of electing that representative.

Democracies have no representatives and no constitution. Everything is by popular vote.
Europe has always saw itself at civilized, so when WWI broke, it proved they're tribal savages. Democracies or not, Europe is the best way to show that peace theory is bullcrap.

Europe has always saw itself at civilized, so when WWI broke, it proved they're tribal savages. Democracies or not, Europe is the best way to show that peace theory is bullcrap.

Please define 'peace theory'. Just what exactly do you mean by this phrase?

WW2 wasn't each nation in Europe fighting every other nation.
The WW2 European theater was one nation fighting against many others, which eventually allied to put the aggressor down for good.

France did not attack Germany.
England did not attack Germany.
Spain did not attack Germany.
Russia did not attack Germany.
Poland did not attack Germany.
Belgium did not attack Germany.
Holland did not attack Germany.
Italy did not attack Germany.
Egypt and North Africa did not attack Germany.

Germany attacked them.

Last edited:
What do you know about democratic peace theory?
You need to change your name to dumber76.

I asked about your long list of examples, Einstooge. I see you were unable to provide one.

Looks like you know nothing of the subject, but have fooled yourself into thinking you do.

That, by definition, makes you a fool, doesn’t it?

I don't.

They don't.

Redefinition fallacy. Corporations are not fascism.

No one coerces me to be a customer of any business.

more stawman.

nobody is saying "coroporations are fascism"

it;s the union of government and corporate power that is fascism.

please abandon your usual retard tactics, thank you in advance.

more stawman.

nobody is saying "coroporations are fascism"

it;s the union of government and corporate power that is fascism.

please abandon your usual retard tactics, thank you in advance.

Fallacy fallacy. There is no strawman.
YOU are saying a corporation is fascism. It is not. Don't try to deny your own posts.
Government and corporations are not a union nor fascism. Redefinition fallacy.
Insult fallacy (Mantra 1d).

Please define 'peace theory'. Just what exactly do you mean by this phrase?

WW2 wasn't each nation in Europe fighting every other nation.
The WW2 European theater was one nation fighting against many others, which eventually allied to put the aggressor down for good.

France did not attack Germany.
England did not attack Germany.
Spain did not attack Germany.
Russia did not attack Germany.
Poland did not attack Germany.
Belgium did not attack Germany.
Holland did not attack Germany.
Italy did not attack Germany.
Egypt and North Africa did not attack Germany.

Germany attacked them.
Read the OP or do a search on democratic peace theory. Liberals believe they're more civilized than the rest of us. Realist believe power wants more power through war, so we're taught ethics and fairness. The DNC has superdelegates to guarantee democracy doesn't stand a chance. Their hypocrisy is shameless.

Fallacy fallacy. There is no strawman.
YOU are saying a corporation is fascism. It is not. Don't try to deny your own posts.
Government and corporations are not a union nor fascism. Redefinition fallacy.
Insult fallacy (Mantra 1d).

no im not.

im saying the union of state and corporate power is fascism. like the defense industry financing politicians, or big pharma controlling the mainstream news about vaccines.

I asked about your long list of examples, Einstooge. I see you were unable to provide one.

Looks like you know nothing of the subject, but have fooled yourself into thinking you do.

That, by definition, makes you a fool, doesn’t it?
Anyone on the religion, philosophy, and ethics forum should know a little about the topic before they start running their mouth. It's not my job to educate you. Try Google and see how much you can learn about philosophy.

Neither Russia, Ukraine, Iraq, Kuwait, North Korea, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan, nor Kashmir are democracies.
Wait a minute! Clearly the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a Democracy. It's in the name! Doesn't that define reality? I mean, it's why Climate Justice is just ... by definition!

I mean, call me crazy, but if you're going to define "democracy" strictly by it having to be a democracy, well, I suppose the Democratic Republic of the Congo isn't a democracy either then, hmmmm? Next you'll tell me that the Democratic National Committee isn't a democracy either, and that they instead use superdelegates.

Anyone on the religion, philosophy, and ethics forum should know a little about the topic before they start running their mouth. It's not my job to educate you. Try Google and see how much you can learn about philosophy.

Yeah, I know, I know, Jethro.

You do a wikipedia quote and think you’re a fucking expert.

Then, when pressed to give examples, you can’t.

Funny shit

no im not.
Don't try to deny your own posts.
im saying the union of state and corporate power is fascism.
Redefinition fallacy. There is no such 'union'. Corporations are corporations and government is government. Fascism is government manipulation of markets. That goes AGAINST corporations.
like the defense industry financing politicians,
That is graft, not fascism.
or big pharma controlling the mainstream news about vaccines.
The news media is not government.

If you are going to claim a philosophical argument, you must define the terms. What is 'peace theory', and how does it relate to a democracy?

Wait a minute! Clearly the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a Democracy. It's in the name! Doesn't that define reality? I mean, it's why Climate Justice is just ... by definition!

I mean, call me crazy, but if you're going to define "democracy" strictly by it having to be a democracy, well, I suppose the Democratic Republic of the Congo isn't a democracy either then, hmmmm? Next you'll tell me that the Democratic National Committee isn't a democracy either, and that they instead use superdelegates.

That's right! The Democrat party is not a democracy either!

Funny shit

You are describing yourself again, Sock. You cannot blame YOUR problems on goat or anybody else.

Funny shit
I don't trust Wikipedia, but you have to admit they occasionally do a good job at summarizing. The dnc proves liberals don't care about democracy with their superdelegates. It may benefit you to read what Wikipedia has to say on the topic before you start running your mouth.

If you are going to claim a philosophical argument, you must define the terms. What is 'peace theory', and how does it relate to a democracy?
Democratic peace theory is the mother of hypocrisy. Liberals continue to believe they're civilized and realist are knuckle draggers. They may be right about you but I don't hide the fact that I'm simple man tired of all the corruption in DC.

Democratic peace theory is the mother of hypocrisy. Liberals continue to believe they're civilized and realist are knuckle draggers. They may be right about you but I don't hide the fact that I'm simple man tired of all the corruption in DC.

So this is a label the Democrats have put upon themselves? The last thing the Democrats are is civilized or peaceful!

I really don't blame you about being tired of all the corruption in DC. There does seem to be a lot of it! You may claim to be simple, but you understand a lot more than the Democrats do or will admit to!

You do not stand alone.

Back