Democratic Peace Theory

Democracy is a form of government. It is government by popular vote. It has representatives and no constitution.

Democracies are an unstable form of government. Soon or later (usually sooner!) one faction gains control and votes themselves into greater and greater power. Democracies usually dissolve into an oligarchy or dictatorship. Athens dissolved into a dictatorship. Democracy rarely results in peace.
Exactly. No one can make an argument in favor of democratic peace theory or they'd be here. Too many of us know the history of WWI when the so-called democracies of Europe fought over who had the power of control.

Exactly. No one can make an argument in favor of democratic peace theory or they'd be here. Too many of us know the history of WWI when the so-called democracies of Europe fought over who had the power of control.

There were no democracies in Europe at the outbreak of WW1.

... and that conservatives will applaud genocide as long as Israel is the perpetrator.

Go Israel, right or wrong ... but always right! Say it with me "I don't know what genocide you're talking about, but the fucking Arabs totally deserve it."
This is not satire or something a conservative would say. This is who you are with the help of a sock.

Dare I ask what you have misread my position to be?

Would you mind being a little more coherent?
You and your socks talk so much shit that you can't keep track of what your position is.

This is not satire or something a conservative would say.
Again, your pretense of omniscience has you saying stupid things.

This is who you are with the help of a sock.
Why do you pretend that I somehow need a sock to somehow "help me" say what I wish to say? I'm quite capable of saying what I need to express.

You and your socks talk so much shit that you can't keep track of what your position is.
You are the one who can't keep track of what my position is. You confuse yourself and then try to blame me for your confusion.

"I don't know what genocide you're talking about, but the fucking Arabs totally deserve it."
Who are you quoting here? Only a conservative with arrested development would hold that much hate. Your gibberish somehow ends up on threads that are important to me. I knew no JPP liberal could make a strong argument in support of democratic peace theory.

Again, your pretense of omniscience has you saying stupid things.

Why do you pretend that I somehow need a sock to somehow "help me" say what I wish to say? I'm quite capable of saying what I need to express.

You are the one who can't keep track of what my position is. You confuse yourself and then try to blame me for your confusion.
My position on science is clear. They get their funding from the likes of Jeffrey Epstein and Bill Gates.

Who are you quoting here?
You need to follow along the discussions.

Only a conservative with arrested development would hold that much hate.
Well, if you knew who I was quoting, why did you ask?

Your gibberish somehow ends up on threads that are important to me.
You are the one filling your own threads with unintelligible gibberish. You clearly don't need any help from anyone.

My position on science is clear.
You don't have any positions that are clear. Did you want to take a stab at expressing one and maybe I can help you with the wording?

They get their funding from the likes of Jeffrey Epstein and Bill Gates.
See? Right here. You think that science is people. That's rather stupid of you. I would ask you to stop filling your threads with gibberish. It's painful.

267a5ba429a124eade83667fb275b78f.png

From Wikipedia
The democratic peace theory posits that democracy causes peace, while the territorial peace theory makes the opposite claim that peace causes democracy. Other theories argue that omitted variables explain the correlation better than democratic peace theory.
-------------------------------

Basically, democratic peace theory is democracies don't fight other democracies. Anyone believe this crap?

I’m trying to recall the last major conflict between two democracies. I’m sure you have a long list. Go ahead and provide it.

You need to follow along the discussions.

Well, if you knew who I was quoting, why did you ask?

You are the one filling your own threads with unintelligible gibberish. You clearly don't need any help from anyone.

You don't have any positions that are clear. Did you want to take a stab at expressing one and maybe I can help you with the wording?

See? Right here. You think that science is people. That's rather stupid of you. I would ask you to stop filling your threads with gibberish. It's painful.
Trolls are ambiguous so they always have an out for bad behavior, same is true for socks. I can't thread ban all the hate here on JPP, so I try to reason with it. No sane person believes democracy leads to peace. GWB and Dick Cheney are now the darlings of msnbc. You can't make this shit up.

One of the best arguments in Cyberia was to avoid Civil War by allowing confederates to secede from the union and become dependent on British industry. No one could debunk offensive realism. Confederate states would eventually become like Canada and Australia without all the bloodshed.

I’m trying to recall the last major conflict between two democracies. I’m sure you have a long list. Go ahead and provide it.
WWI in Europe is how I see the endless war for power. WWII was funded by western banksters. Peace will never be an option until we kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

I’m trying to recall the last major conflict between two democracies.
Your question involves a "no true Scotsman" fallacy. Remove the word "major."

I suppose you missed Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

You might not have been around when Iraq invaded Kuwait.

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is frequently beligerent, sending missiles over Japan and firing munitions into South Korea.

Saudi Arabia attacked Yemen in 2015.

Pakistan invaded Kashmir.

Did you need more?

Prediction: I bet you're going to complain that the aforementioned countries aren't democracies because you don't know what democracies are.

From Wikipedia
The democratic peace theory posits that democracy causes peace, while the territorial peace theory makes the opposite claim that peace causes democracy. Other theories argue that omitted variables explain the correlation better than democratic peace theory.
-------------------------------

Basically, democratic peace theory is democracies don't fight other democracies. Anyone believe this crap?

no.

basically all nations have elections now. how many legal parties are allowed, or how many ways elections are corrupt is a big variable.

your lawfare "democracy" is belligerent as fuck.

in fact you blather about democracy, just as fuel for your war machine conquests.

to the OP, peace causes democracy.

you have it back asswards war machine fucktoid anal spray.

basically all nations have elections now. how many legal parties are allowed, or how many ways elections are corrupt is a big variable.

your lawfare "democracy" is belligerent as fuck.

in fact you blather about democracy, just as fuel for your war machine conquests.

to the OP, peace causes democracy.

you have it back asswards war machine fucktoid anal spray.

Authoritarian regimes such as America still hold elections...they simply do not matter.

Those few who bothered to get their asses educated know about this.

Back