Does PTSD drive obsession with hoarding guns?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
More than five. See? That was easy.

I will give you credit for answering the question. It seems easy enough.

So you propose that anyone who owns more than 5 firearms (of any type) is considered "hoarding guns"?

Do you think they should be investigated? Treated for some sort of mental disorder?

A petition is fine. I am just wondering why the criteria for determining what is "hoarding guns" is so difficult to state.

WB, send out a petition that says any woman with more than six pairs of shoes is a hoarder and the government should come after them. That will keep the government busy.

WB, send out a petition that says any woman with more than six pairs of shoes is a hoarder and the government should come after them. That will keep the government busy.

I wonder how many of the mentally ill murderers that opened fire on crowds were carrying 5 firearms?

Considering that authorities will be notified and you stated " It has been only a CYA (cover your ass) notification and usually nothing further has happened. I hope and expect that to change significantly and soon.", I think defining the parameters of what is considered "hoarding guns" is a legitimate question.

yes, hoarders come in all types, colors and configurations. Some people hoard everything and some only hoard specific items.

But we are talking about hoarding guns. That is why I asked about that. Is it based on how many guns? Is it based on what type of guns? Why is that hard to answer?

You don't need to be asking me about all that, WB. Perhaps a conversation with your healthcare provider would be more appropriate? If you can't afford it I believe healthcare can be provided for you at no charge in your area. Please seek it out. Obviously all this has you very troubled and self doubting.

I will give you credit for answering the question. It seems easy enough.

So you propose that anyone who owns more than 5 firearms (of any type) is considered "hoarding guns"?

Do you think they should be investigated? Treated for some sort of mental disorder?

I think there should be some standard screening for anyone demonstrating a 'need' to have more than four guns, yes. I think that's an excellent place to start.

You don't need to be asking me about all that, WB. Perhaps a conversation with your healthcare provider would be more appropriate? If you can't afford it I believe healthcare can be provided for you at no charge in your area. Please seek it out. Obviously all this has you very troubled and self doubting.

Holy shit....

The Gatorman's baaaack....

:rofl2:

I am asking for clarification. Why do you think that shows that I am troubled? You are the one who has stated that you are going to harrass or attack the next person you see walking around carrying a gun. That sounds much more troubled and paranoid than anything I have asked.

Yeah, they'll get time for that as they inspect every vagina for a possible pregnancy and that pregnancy is resolved to the governments satisfaction. That's the American rightwing way!!!!!! Hooray, hooray!!!!!!! Imbeciles.

I think there should be some standard screening for anyone demonstrating a 'need' to have more than four guns, yes. I think that's an excellent place to start.

1) Rifle for hunting deer and other game
2) Shotgun for upland bird hunting
3) Shotgun for hunting waterfowl
4) .22 rifle for hunting small game and pest removal

Those are very reasonable uses for different firearms. And that leaves me only room for one heirloom gun. Hmmmm, I think your number is a bit low.

I am asking for clarification. Why do you think that shows that I am troubled? You are the one who has stated that you are going to harrass or attack the next person you see walking around carrying a gun. That sounds much more troubled and paranoid than anything I have asked.

I am not paranoid. I am an American seeking truth, justice and the American Dream. Seriously, WB, get it on with that doc'.

Yeah, they'll get time for that as they inspect every vagina for a possible pregnancy and that pregnancy is resolved to the governments satisfaction. That's the American rightwing way!!!!!! Hooray, hooray!!!!!!! Imbeciles.

I probably shouldn't be surprised the internet badass doesn't get humor. However I know true gangstas such as yourself don't laugh.

Cawacko was obviously posting that as sarcasm.

However, you posted "Many military related PTSD patients are known gun nuts.", as the first post on this thread about gun hoarding. When asked for clarification about what constitutes "hoarding guns", you have only made vague references to the insecurity or mental stability of the person asking for clarification. You obviously have no answer to the questions.

Right, because the potential destructiveness to the public is exactly the same for shoes as it is for guns.

Idiot.

I am not paranoid. I am an American seeking truth, justice and the American Dream. Seriously, WB, get it on with that doc'.

I have no need for a doc. I am an American seeking truth too. I have asked repeatedly for what constitutes "hoarding guns". Rather than answer you play this game.

I guess you really don't want a discussion, do you?

1) Rifle for hunting deer and other game
2) Shotgun for upland bird hunting
3) Shotgun for hunting waterfowl
4) .22 rifle for hunting small game and pest removal

Those are very reasonable uses for different firearms. And that leaves me only room for one heirloom gun. Hmmmm, I think your number is a bit low.

Then your priorities are not quite out of the danger zone. ;)

Back