Does PTSD drive obsession with hoarding guns?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
Right, because the potential destructiveness to the public is exactly the same for shoes as it is for guns.

Idiot.

tumblr_m56u704svs1qg0q1fo1_500.jpg

Oh? And what is the basis for your claim that I am not quite out of the danger zone? Do you have any evidence showing people who own more than 5 guns are more likely to murder someone?

I never made such a claim. I said anyone needing more than four ought to be required to have some sort of pysch evaluation/screen. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't try to wear it. There are far worse gun nuts here than you, WB. They demonstrate their whack daily and their insecurities are on full display.

Pretty much every person who lives in a rural area is a "hoarder" then. Therefore I would say no, PTSD is not the drive for "hoarding".

I'm sure there are many 'drives' for hoarding guns. While not all gun hoarders are PTSD sufferers, they have other neuroses, no doubt.

Your point wasn't even funny, though. It was just stupid.

Yes, of course it was stupid. It was sarcasm. It was intended to be stupid as is this whole idea that if you have five guns the federal government is going to knock on your door and do some psychological test on you. That's stupid.

Yes, of course it was stupid. It was sarcasm. It was intended to be stupid as is this whole idea that if you have five guns the federal government is going to knock on your door and do some psychological test on you. That's stupid.

Yet, the government has no problem keeping tabs on how many cars everyone has. Use your head. It isn't nuclear science. It's completely doable. It's a matter of priorities. And it's high time.

I'm sure there are many 'drives' for hoarding guns. While not all gun hoarders are PTSD sufferers, they have other neuroses, no doubt.
Not really.

Hunting different game calls for different guns. One buys a rifle and a handgun for deer, etc. The handgun for when you get to the deer you just shot you can finish it off with the handgun if you sucked and didn't get the best shot off. Small rifle for shooting the fox killing your chickens..

One type of Shotgun for bird hunting fowl, another for hunting smaller birds.

I'm already at 5. Now, I have two rifles for hunting deer because I bring my kid with me. I have more than one handgun because my wife likes to shoot something different than I favor, and I need one for the kid while hunting, there's another...

Now I"m "hoarding", according to your definition, but I have bought each of these guns for a purpose. Unless you think hunting itself is a neurosis, your definition kind of sucks.

Pretty much every person who lives in a rural area is a "hoarder" then. Therefore I would say no, PTSD is not the drive for "hoarding".

And this discussion is not about PTSD as "the" obsession with hoarding guns. It merely asks "if". I found that quite plain from the very beginning. You never answered my question, dammy. Is English your first language?

Yet, the government has no problem keeping tabs on how many cars everyone has. Use your head. It isn't nuclear science. It's completely doable. It's a matter of priorities. And it's high time.

I thought all (legal) handguns were registered?

And this discussion is not about PTSD as "the" obsession with hoarding guns. It merely asks "if". I found that quite plain from the very beginning. You never answered my question, dammy. Is English your first language?
Actually, if you read the first post it simply gives this title, "Does PTSD drive obsession with hoarding guns?", and the word "discuss".

I would so no, the drive for "obsession" with hoarding guns, based on the definition provided, would not be PTSD.

I thought all (legal) handguns were registered?

You thought wrongly. If I buy a gun from my neighbor, entirely legally, there isn't even a background check let alone a registry. If I buy a gun from the shop down the street I get a background check, but the law says they have to dump that info within 6 months. It isn't registered either.

Back