Does PTSD drive obsession with hoarding guns?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
I'm not sure this litany of violent veterans proves much. It seems much like the other threads in which Legion lists crimes and then claims to not have a bias.

Because we don't treat our veterans....we train them to kill and deploy them over and over then throw them on the street and forget them. Support our troops my ass...PTSD is real, the damage some of these guys come home with is on the inside.

Fort Hood Monday identified the soldier whom police officers shot and killed early Friday on post as Staff Sgt. Kelly David Bangle, 30, of Whetstone, Ariz, who was a veteran of the wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Fort Hood Directorate of Emergency Services patrol officers who were sent at around 3:20 a.m. Friday to investigate a suspicious vehicle parked near Kouma Lake shot Bangle after at least one gunshot was fired from inside the vehicle as they approached.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/...-Death-At-Fort-Hood-Identified-183837011.html

Because we don't treat our veterans....we train them to kill and deploy them over and over then throw them on the street and forget them. Support our troops my ass...PTSD is real, the damage some of these guys come home with is on the inside.

I have a friend who's husband just left the army and on their trip to Disney World he had an episode during the fireworks show and jumped in the bushes yelling.

I think there is a difference between a hoarder who is a 3% patriot or scared evangelical/Dominionist God's Army type and a sportsman. It's the ones that are constantly talking about how the government is going to come after them or how Satan is a liberal and college educated that I view with suspicion. Those that buy assault weapons and boxes of ammo in preparation for the coming 'end times'...they're not sane and shouldn't have arsenals. I'm not talking about real collectors who get off on the history or sportsmen (even though I don't like hunting)...there are way too many insane, armed to the teeth, wacked out people...PTSD or not!

It's the obsession, not the number or even types of guns. There are still waaaaay too many guns and gun nuts running loose out there and we have to agree and legislate to bring it all into some kind of reasonable control. What we have now is little beyond totally useless.

Hmmm, I have obsessions because I ask valid questions?

And here I am not threatening to attack someone for legally carrying a firearm.

Your questions have not been valid and you know it. Your questions have been to stir shit up, asking for specifics that simply cannot be given or even exactly considered at any time and designed to bring yourself above the common hoarder/nut that is the conversation. You fit the profile, cowgirl. Seek help.

Your questions have not been valid and you know it. Your questions have been to stir shit up, asking for specifics that simply cannot be given or even exactly considered at any time and designed to bring yourself above the common hoarder/nut that is the conversation. You fit the profile, cowgirl. Seek help.

Not at all. I am simply asking where you think violence will never occur. Since you seem to think that you have the right to attack someone for ruining your "peace", I was curious where those places were that are completely immune to violence.

Because if they are not completely immune to violence, the armed, law abiding citizen may help reduce the carnage significantly.

And also, since you are attacking the person carrying a weapon, you would be ruining the peace of that place.

Not at all. I am simply asking where you think violence will never occur. Since you seem to think that you have the right to attack someone for ruining your "peace", I was curious where those places were that are completely immune to violence.

Because if they are not completely immune to violence, the armed, law abiding citizen may help reduce the carnage significantly.

And also, since you are attacking the person carrying a weapon, you would be ruining the peace of that place.

I have NEVER implied in any way that violence will ever be nonexistent anywhere. My remarks have been relegated to average, normal and otherwise peaceful environments that one would not expect violence. I'm always ready for the exception, just not gun-slinging. When I see a gun-slinger in that kind of environment other than an officer of the law or something like that I immediately assume violence is the intent and I maintain my rights to neutralize and eliminate that threat. I've never indicated in any way that you or anyone else must agree with me. But I remain confident that in the face of a judge or jury my side WILL prevail and rightfully so.

Do you mean "armed potentially law abiding citizen?" You make my case for me. "May reduce" ain't shit to me. Action is my game.

Neutralizing a clear and dangerous threat to me and others is not ruining the peace of that place. Again, you make my case. If you think it so safe and peaceful then why do you pack heat there? Because you might run into someone like me? Sounds to me like you're an awfully scared and weak person.

I have NEVER implied in any way that violence will ever be nonexistent anywhere. My remarks have been relegated to average, normal and otherwise peaceful environments that one would not expect violence. I'm always ready for the exception, just not gun-slinging. When I see a gun-slinger in that kind of environment other than an officer of the law or something like that I immediately assume violence is the intent and I maintain my rights to neutralize and eliminate that threat. I've never indicated in any way that you or anyone else must agree with me. But I remain confident that in the face of a judge or jury my side WILL prevail and rightfully so.

Do you mean "armed potentially law abiding citizen?" You make my case for me. "May reduce" ain't shit to me. Action is my game.

Neutralizing a clear and dangerous threat to me and others is not ruining the peace of that place. Again, you make my case. If you think it so safe and peaceful then why do you pack heat there? Because you might run into someone like me? Sounds to me like you're an awfully scared and weak person.

So these "peaceful" places are ruined by someone who is carrying a firearm? And you, with your "Action is my game" mentality, feel justified in attacking him simply because he is carrying a gun? A person with a CCW carrying a firearm is not a "clear and dangerous threat". That you think it is shows your own paranoia.

I do not carry a weapon based on idle threats from internet badass wannabes. But I assure you, I am not afraid of someone simply because the carry a gun.

And this entire notion that everyone who carries is a "gun-slinger" shows your insecurity and fear as well. But if attacking them makes you feel more secure, let us know how being in jail works out for you.

Back