Does PTSD drive obsession with hoarding guns?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
You could ask Billy.

PTSD for a veteran is considered a service connected disability by the Veterans Administration. Whether or not the veteran was obsessed with guns before or after their service or not at all is irrelevant in that determination. The VA does and will treat extensively for PTSD and for obsessions of about any kind. I believe that the question by WB can be answered in a manner that he will probably not like but it can happen in any number of ways and times. Life's a bitch, don't you know? In any event it's a disease and a very dangerous one.

Yet, the government has no problem keeping tabs on how many cars everyone has. Use your head. It isn't nuclear science. It's completely doable. It's a matter of priorities. And it's high time.

You have to register your guns just like you have to register your car. The government knows how many guns you have. If they are legal, anyway.

PTSD for a veteran is considered a service connected disability by the Veterans Administration. Whether or not the veteran was obsessed with guns before or after their service or not at all is irrelevant in that determination. The VA does and will treat extensively for PTSD and for obsessions of about any kind. I believe that the question by WB can be answered in a manner that he will probably not like but it can happen in any number of ways and times. Life's a bitch, don't you know? In any event it's a disease and a very dangerous one.

the paranoia that comes with PTSD and thinking someone is always out to get them seems like an obvious reason for gun hoarding, right? Did a veteran with PSTD go on a shooting rampage? Am I missing something?

The Government is not afraid of your silly Guns. Get over that stupid idea. They have 100 times more guns than anyone has, they have tankes, they have MUCH more sophisticated weapons that will render simple guns, even assault riflies useless, the idea our founders had about citizens being able to protect themselves from the Government with Guns is OUTDATED.

Look around the world and see how outdated it is. The only way to stand up to a Government is via a Massive Peacefull Uprising, its what falls governments. Its what ended the Soviets, its what ousted Mubarik, its what always changes governments now.

Gee, that's not quite enough, now is it? Looks like something more's needed. Hmmmm.

I don't own five guns but I don't think it is strange for someone to own five or more. I guess if I wanted to have that many I wouldn't have a problem going to a psych for evaluation but I think it's kind of silly. I mean what are the stats when it comes to veterans with PTSD and shootings, or people with more than five guns and shootings? Has anyone looked this up yet?

Too much to explain? I'm here to have a real conversation so I can learn, not have someone try to make me look or feel like an idiot.

Kailey, this is a long thread and encompasses a lot. I would suggest you read through it. There are also several other threads here on the same basic topic but different in important aspects. Read through them as well.

Please allow me to WELCOME you to the board and to tell you that I hope you have a very long and enjoyable stay here. It gets rowdy but it generally remains fun and almost always quite informative. I appreciate your sincerity and your frankness. I think you will do very well here!!!!!!!!

Gatorman

I don't own five guns but I don't think it is strange for someone to own five or more. I guess if I wanted to have that many I wouldn't have a problem going to a psych for evaluation but I think it's kind of silly. I mean what are the stats when it comes to veterans with PTSD and shootings, or people with more than five guns and shootings? Has anyone looked this up yet?

I think 5 guns is a low number. But that is my opinion as a gun owner. I too would be interested to see any connection between owning more than 5 guns and violent acts.

I think 5 guns is a low number. But that is my opinion as a gun owner. I too would be interested to see any connection between owning more than 5 guns and violent acts.

Although I don't know the exact stats I think I can safely say that MOST serial mass murderers own many weapons. At least the news reporting these incidents has been forthcoming with that information as they get it. I don't believe, however, there is a relevant connection between the number of guns owned and the murders committed. One is enough. And our society, now on high alert, is demanding a more responsible and rigorous enforcement of present laws and the rapid enactment of new ones. We can and WILL do better.

Kailey, this is a long thread and encompasses a lot. I would suggest you read through it. There are also several other threads here on the same basic topic but different in important aspects. Read through them as well.

Please allow me to WELCOME you to the board and to tell you that I hope you have a very long and enjoyable stay here. It gets rowdy but it generally remains fun and almost always quite informative. I appreciate your sincerity and your frankness. I think you will do very well here!!!!!!!!

Gatorman

Thank you!!

Although I don't know the exact stats I think I can safely say that MOST serial mass murderers own many weapons. At least the news reporting these incidents has been forthcoming with that information as they get it. I don't believe, however, there is a relevant connection between the number of guns owned and the murders committed. One is enough. And our society, now on high alert, is demanding a more responsible and rigorous enforcement of present laws and the rapid enactment of new ones. We can and WILL do better.

Have you ever been to a carry permit class? I should post about getting mine and how ridiculous it was. You would love it.

WB, send out a petition that says any woman with more than six pairs of shoes is a hoarder and the government should come after them. That will keep the government busy.

My son has more shoes than I do! You just aren't fashionable cawacko

Have you ever been to a carry permit class? I should post about getting mine and how ridiculous it was. You would love it.

Kailey, I am licensed and found the experience enlightening to an elementary level. I own several, possibly many depending on your point of view, guns and I do NOT carry in peaceful and otherwise non-threatening environments. That is simply stupid and looking for trouble. I keep trying to tell some of these idiots that when they go out looking for trouble they just might find me. I AM trouble for them. Bank on it.

Kailey, I am licensed and found the experience enlightening to an elementary level. I own several, possibly many depending on your point of view, guns and I do NOT carry in peaceful and otherwise non-threatening environments. That is simply stupid and looking for trouble. I keep trying to tell some of these idiots that when they go out looking for trouble they just might find me. I AM trouble for them. Bank on it.
and I would be happy to put a bullet in your brain for assaulting me. bank on it.

Back