Does PTSD drive obsession with hoarding guns?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
Those different names for Peni, just slide off your tongue; HUH!! :D

You know all about them, now don't you, pretty petty boy? I bet you're creaming your underwear just reading about all this, now aren't you? What a pretty little penis pecker you are!!!!!!!! Just remember, 'lil one. Bringing up cocksucking was your idea. You nasty 'lil bitch, you!!!!!!

You know all about them, now don't you, pretty petty boy? I bet you're creaming your underwear just reading about all this, now aren't you? What a pretty little penis pecker you are!!!!!!!! Just remember, 'lil one. Bringing up cocksucking was your idea. You nasty 'lil bitch, you!!!!!!

DAMN, you sure are hot and bothered. :chesh:

The criteria for judging hoardership would be a moving target, wouldn't it? Determining such would require personal and hopefully professional observation of the particular situation as well as the many facts surrounding it. You came into the conversation looking for a fight based on your own insecurities and apparently your possession of many firearms. There is help available for you.

You then whine about someone calling you a "gun nut" when no such thing happened. Again, insecurity and self doubting. Demeaning you? Again, help is available for you.

I mentioned abstractions only because I felt you may have perceived that in my responses and statements. Although not at all, you picked up on that and volunteer to communicate in such a manner. I am fully aware of your own abstractions and inability to focus as well as your propensity to project your failures. You beat up on yourself and blame it on others. Tsk, tsk. There IS HELP FOR YOU.

First of all, even if it is a moving target there would have to be some criteria for it. Otherwise it would be useless. If you can call anyone a gun hoarder, then the name has no real meaning.

Second of all, I did not whine about anyone calling me anything. I pointed out your attempts to divert the topic, but that is all.

Here are two inventory lists. Can you tell me if either of them represents "hoarding guns"?

List #1
1) Ruger No. 1 in .270 Win
2) Ruger Super Blackhawk
3) Ruger 10/22
4) Marlin 1895 Guide Gun in 45-70 Govt
5) Remington M700 in 7mm magnum
6) Remington Model 35 single shot .22 (circa 1927)
7) S&W Hammerless in .38 S&W (circa 1935)
8) Ruger Blackhawk “50th Anniversary of the .44 Magnum”
9) Browning Citori 12 ga O/U
10) Remington 870 12 ga
11) Savage Single shot 16 ga
12) Ruger Single Six .22lr/.22WMR

List #2
1) Ruger No. 1 in .270 Win
2) Ruger Super Blackhawk
3) Marlin 1895 Guide Gun in 45-70 Govt
4) Bushmaster M4 Carbine .223 Rem.
5) Glock 17 9mm
6) Remington Model 35 single shot .22 (circa 1927)
7) S&W Hammerless in .38 S&W (circa 1935)

Maybe if you included pictures.

I am asking for clarification. Why do you think that shows that I am troubled? You are the one who has stated that you are going to harrass or attack the next person you see walking around carrying a gun. That sounds much more troubled and paranoid than anything I have asked.

Good thing WB refuses to denigrate another poster, because that would be pitiful and petty.

First of all, even if it is a moving target there would have to be some criteria for it. Otherwise it would be useless. If you can call anyone a gun hoarder, then the name has no real meaning.

Second of all, I did not whine about anyone calling me anything. I pointed out your attempts to divert the topic, but that is all.

Maybe there should be particular criterion and maybe not. I'm certain there will be proper investigation and determination and done so on a case by case basis. Examples of hoarding are numerous and largely broad based. My comments to you were to the extent you felt ostracized somehow although you were not being so then perhaps a little self reflection was in order.

I don't know what else anyone might think of your incessant demands for indefinite specifics were all about but it looks like whining and looking for a fight to me. And I never made any attempt to divert any topic. Do you even remember what the topic is? It doesn't appear so. My efforts have been to focus on that topic as I did in my very first post in this thread. Maybe you were offended by that. I dunno and I don't care. Obviously you didn't like the topic and it was you that tried to make unnecessary diversions and make out like it was something it was not at all. And now you blame your own failures to focus on me? Bullshit.

You've done this to yourself, WB, and you've done it before, several times. It's always somebody else's fault though, isn't it? Your lack of comprehension skills noted, I will try and remember that in the future.

If you are going to accuse people of hoarding guns, you need to be able to define what you mean.

Who accused anyone?

You seem defensive.

Anyway, here are the symptoms:

Symptoms of PTSD fall into three main categories:

1. "Reliving" the event, which disturbs day-to-day activity

• Flashback episodes, where the event seems to be happening again and again
  • Repeated upsetting memories of the event
  • Repeated nightmares of the event
  • Strong, uncomfortable reactions to situations that remind you of the event
2. Avoidance

• Emotional "numbing," or feeling as though you don't care about anything
  • Feeling detached
  • Being unable to remember important aspects of the trauma
  • Having a lack of interest in normal activities
  • Showing less of your moods
  • Avoiding places, people, or thoughts that remind you of the event
  • Feeling like you have no future
3. Arousal

• Difficulty concentrating
  • Startling easily
  • Having an exaggerated response to things that startle you
  • Feeling more aware (hypervigilance)
  • Feeling irritable or having outbursts of anger
  • Having trouble falling or staying asleep
You might feel guilt about the event (including "survivor guilt"). You might also have some of the following symptoms, which are typical of anxiety, stress, and tension:

Maybe there should be particular criterion and maybe not. I'm certain there will be proper investigation and determination and done so on a case by case basis. Examples of hoarding are numerous and largely broad based. My comments to you were to the extent you felt ostracized somehow although you were not being so then perhaps a little self reflection was in order.

I don't know what else anyone might think of your incessant demands for indefinite specifics were all about but it looks like whining and looking for a fight to me. And I never made any attempt to divert any topic. Do you even remember what the topic is? It doesn't appear so. My efforts have been to focus on that topic as I did in my very first post in this thread. Maybe you were offended by that. I dunno and I don't care. Obviously you didn't like the topic and it was you that tried to make unnecessary diversions and make out like it was something it was not at all. And now you blame your own failures to focus on me? Bullshit.

You've done this to yourself, WB, and you've done it before, several times. It's always somebody else's fault though, isn't it? Your lack of comprehension skills noted, I will try and remember that in the future.

LOL! So when I asked for a definition of "hoarding guns" and you steadfastly refused to offer anything at all, that was me whining and looking for a fight?

The topic is whether or not PTSD drives obsessive gun hoarding. Having some sort of basic description of "gun hoarding" is necessary in order to discuss whether or not it is driven by PTSD.

Then after repeatedly refusing to give any such definition, you try and suggest that I seek professional help? No, that is not diverting the topic. :palm:

Initially I was not seeking an argument, simply the definition. But as that was continually dodged, it showed how vague the boogeyman you fear truly is. I found that quite amusing.

Who accused anyone?

You seem defensive.

Anyway, here are the symptoms:

Symptoms of PTSD fall into three main categories:

1. "Reliving" the event, which disturbs day-to-day activity

• Flashback episodes, where the event seems to be happening again and again
  • Repeated upsetting memories of the event
  • Repeated nightmares of the event
  • Strong, uncomfortable reactions to situations that remind you of the event
2. Avoidance

• Emotional "numbing," or feeling as though you don't care about anything
  • Feeling detached
  • Being unable to remember important aspects of the trauma
  • Having a lack of interest in normal activities
  • Showing less of your moods
  • Avoiding places, people, or thoughts that remind you of the event
  • Feeling like you have no future
3. Arousal

• Difficulty concentrating
  • Startling easily
  • Having an exaggerated response to things that startle you
  • Feeling more aware (hypervigilance)
  • Feeling irritable or having outbursts of anger
  • Having trouble falling or staying asleep
You might feel guilt about the event (including "survivor guilt"). You might also have some of the following symptoms, which are typical of anxiety, stress, and tension:

Excellent description of PTSD. Now, in order to discuss whether or not that PTSD drives an obsession to hoard guns, the definition of hoarding guns is also required. According to Gatorman, one can be a gun hoarder without even owning a single gun. That strikes me as strange.

Excellent description of PTSD. Now, in order to discuss whether or not that PTSD drives an obsession to hoard guns, the definition of hoarding guns is also required. According to Gatorman, one can be a gun hoarder without even owning a single gun. That strikes me as strange.

Why do you leave out so much else that I had to say, WB? Are you that intimidated by the same definitions and clarity that you so vociferously demand? I'm having my doubts about you, 'lil one.

Why do you leave out so much else that I had to say, WB? Are you that intimidated by the same definitions and clarity that you so vociferously demand? I'm having my doubts about you, 'lil one.

He does admit to lying and tax fraud. What else could he be hiding?

Was what I posted inaccurate? Yes, you had a long and vague description of what you think a "gun hoarder" is. But I found it interesting that you think someone can be hoarding items, and yet not own a single one of those items.

Hmmm.

For many years hoarding has been listed as a symptom or a subtype of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD). The current DSM says that an OCD diagnosis should be considered when there is a specific obsession with a certain item...

Mataix-Cols, David, Frost, Randy O., Pertusa, Albert, Clark, Lee Ann, Saxena, Sanjaya, Leckman, James F., Stein, Dan J., Mastunaga, Hisato, Wilhelm, Sabina. (2010) Hoarding Disorder: A New Diagnosis for DSM-V? Depression and Anxiety, 27, 556–572.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsive_hoarding#cite_note-Mataix-Cols.2C_David_2010-19

Was what I posted inaccurate? Yes, you had a long and vague description of what you think a "gun hoarder" is. But I found it interesting that you think someone can be hoarding items, and yet not own a single one of those items.

What are you gonna do now, cowgirl? Break down and cry about it? You demand clarity, then dismiss it and even misquote to hide your ignorance of what I said. Hey, girlfriend, go on and cry.

What are you gonna do now, cowgirl? Break down and cry about it? You demand clarity, then dismiss it and even misquote to hide your ignorance of what I said. Hey, girlfriend, go on and cry.

LOL! I am not the one who is apparently upset. I am having a discussion about the topic of the thread. Pity you sem incapable of joining in.

Hmmm.

For many years hoarding has been listed as a symptom or a subtype of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD). The current DSM says that an OCD diagnosis should be considered when there is a specific obsession with a certain item...

Mataix-Cols, David, Frost, Randy O., Pertusa, Albert, Clark, Lee Ann, Saxena, Sanjaya, Leckman, James F., Stein, Dan J., Mastunaga, Hisato, Wilhelm, Sabina. (2010) Hoarding Disorder: A New Diagnosis for DSM-V? Depression and Anxiety, 27, 556–572.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsive_hoarding#cite_note-Mataix-Cols.2C_David_2010-19

Good information. I would wonder if the veterans that suffer from PTSD and are gun hoarders were at all obsessed with guns prior to their military tours. Is the obsession with guns a product of their military experience combined with the PTSD? Or did their obsession with guns lead them to the military?

LOL! I am not the one who is apparently upset. I am having a discussion about the topic of the thread. Pity you sem incapable of joining in.

I'm having a ball and learning a lot, and my contributions to this topic don't include whining about some definition of a certain indefinite sum. That's your excuse for contribution and I don't call that any part of an intelligent discussion. How'd that good cry work out for 'ya?

Good information. I would wonder if the veterans that suffer from PTSD and are gun hoarders were at all obsessed with guns prior to their military tours. Is the obsession with guns a product of their military experience combined with the PTSD? Or did their obsession with guns lead them to the military?

You could ask Billy.

Back