Does religion make people stupid?

They took part in Apache ceremonies. Their schools expelled them for satanic activities​

At the start of each meeting, the families were chastised for participating in the dance. Caitlyn remembers her mother telling the principal and preacher how hypocritical they were to say the Apache people were not praying to God. “In the Bible, God himself says to come to me in all sorts,” she argued. “The dance is also a prayer; it’s another way.”

They took part in Apache ceremonies. Their schools expelled them for satanic activities​

At the start of each meeting, the families were chastised for participating in the dance. Caitlyn remembers her mother telling the principal and preacher how hypocritical they were to say the Apache people were not praying to God. “In the Bible, God himself says to come to me in all sorts,” she argued. “The dance is also a prayer; it’s another way.”

A private Lutheran (Christian) school expelled students for participating in a religious ceremony involving sun worship?

Sounds about right to me.

There are many different flavors of Buddhism and there really isn't a centralized, documented set of beliefs. Zen Buddhism does not have a god/deity.
The Dhammapada is universally recognized and widely read foundational Buddhist scripture, written by Sidartha Gautama according to legend.

There is no specific creator god in Buddhism, but the Dhammapada acknowledges the reality of gods, and is peppered with references to dieties, demons, references to hell.

It is really odd that anyone would adopt the name Buddhist, but then disavow the writings of the Buddha.

Nothing about worshipping the sun. You made that up.
It's not in the article, but the link between Native American religion and sun worship is well established. I don't recall the name, but one of the South West tribes (where I live) has a specific name for their Sun God.

It's not in the article, but the link between Native American religion and sun worship is well established. I don't recall the name, but one of the South West tribes (where I live) has a specific name for their Sun God.
So, you lied.

So, you lied.
If I would have SAID the article mentioned sun worship, that would be a lie. I didn't say that. I said the link between Native American religion and sun worship is well established.

Lutherans (despite the article not mentioning it either) worship the God of Abraham. Truths are truths.

The Dhammapada is universally recognized and widely read foundational Buddhist scripture, written by Sidartha Gautama according to legend.

There is no specific creator god in Buddhism, but the Dhammapada acknowledges the reality of gods, and is peppered with references to dieties, demons, references to hell.

It is really odd that anyone would adopt the name Buddhist, but then disavow the writings of the Buddha.
I think you are talking in generalities, and making assumptions about terms, that are incorrect.

Last edited:
If I would have SAID the article mentioned sun worship, that would be a lie. I didn't say that. I said the link between Native American religion and sun worship is well established.

Lutherans (despite the article not mentioning it either) worship the God of Abraham. Truths are truths.
Established by you.

I'm just saying it sounds right; it makes sense. A private Lutheran school probably doesn't want students who worship the sun, so they were expelled.
Right. Sun worship involves worshipping God's CREATION rather than God himself. That is in direct opposition to the Christian God and to the very foundation of Christianity.

Established by you.
Yep, I, the white atheist, established the link between Native American religion and Sun worship:

Navajo Sun Bearer: Exploring the Sacred Mythology of the Southwest
Navajo Sun Bearer is a significant figure in Navajo mythology. Known as Tsohanoai, this sacred being carries the sun across the sky every day. Depicted as a blue disk with eyes, mouth, and sometimes horns, Tsohanoai is also represented as a person in sand paintings.

He is recognized to have a wife, Changing Woman, and multiple illegitimate children. In one instance, Changing Woman’s sons, known as the Hero Twins, face challenges set by Tsohanoai in his home.

This article explores the symbolism, relationships, and cultural aspects related to Navajo Sun Bearer and delves into Navajo rituals and healing practices.

Back