Does religion make people stupid?

Right. Sun worship involves worshipping God's CREATION rather than God himself. That is in direct opposition to the Christian God and to the very foundation of Christianity.
Right and worshipping a god other than God is viewed as Satanic.

I think you are talking in generalities, and making assumptions about terms, that are incorrect.
The Dhammapada is not a generality. It has specific references to dieties, demons, and hell as a place of punishment. I've read it twice. And legend holds it was written by the founder of the Buddhist religion, Sidartha Gautama

It's fine to practice meditation.
But for anyone who adopts the label Buddhist, and calls themselves a Zen Buddhist, then let me ask you if it's the case that Zen Buddhists disavow the Buddhist scripture purportedly written by the Buddha himself.

Established by you.
Unelanuhi

Unelanuhi, meaning “the all-maker” or “the apportioner” in Cherokee, is the revered sun goddess who brings light, warmth, and sustenance to the world. Unlike sun deities associated with destruction, Unelanuhi embodies nurturing and life-giving power. Known also as Unetlanvhi, she is the supreme creator and life-giver in Cherokee mythology, credited with fashioning the world and maintaining cosmic harmony. As the deity of time, Unelanuhi was responsible for dividing time into units, with her gaze across the sky reflecting the changing seasons and the passage of nights. She is also recognized as a healer who aids those in need.

Established by you.

Yep, I, the white atheist, established the link between Native American religion and Sun worship:

Navajo Sun Bearer: Exploring the Sacred Mythology of the Southwest
Navajo Sun Bearer is a significant figure in Navajo mythology. Known as Tsohanoai, this sacred being carries the sun across the sky every day. Depicted as a blue disk with eyes, mouth, and sometimes horns, Tsohanoai is also represented as a person in sand paintings.

He is recognized to have a wife, Changing Woman, and multiple illegitimate children. In one instance, Changing Woman’s sons, known as the Hero Twins, face challenges set by Tsohanoai in his home.

This article explores the symbolism, relationships, and cultural aspects related to Navajo Sun Bearer and delves into Navajo rituals and healing practices.

Found something you might find interesting since "I" am establishing the link between Native Americans and Sun Worship...

The ARTICLE mentions that the family is Apache Indian. The Ceremony is the Apache Sunrise Dance described online as:

The Apache Sunrise Dance, a four-day ceremony for girls to mark their coming of age, during which they temporarily become Changing Woman, the first mother of their people.

Does "Changing Woman" sound familiar? Oh, that's right, it was mentioned in one my previous posts as the wife of the Sun God Tsohanoai.

Weird.

The Dhammapada is not a generality. It has specific references to dieties, demons, and hell as a place of punishment. I've read it twice. And legend holds it was written by the founder of the Buddhist religion, Sidartha Gautama

It's fine to practice meditation.
But for anyone who adopts the label Buddhist, and calls themselves a Zen Buddhist, then let me ask you if it's the case that Zen Buddhists disavow the Buddhist scripture purportedly written by the Buddha himself.
I'm not Buddhist and have never claimed to be. I also don't practice Zen meditation/mindfullness. I prefer Vipassana., I just thought that ZenMode sounds better than VipassanaMode and Zen is associated with the Enso, which is my icon.

In regard to the idea of deities, gods, higher being, etc in Buddhism.....

I really think you are making incorrect assumptions about "Gods", in the traditional religious sense, and how similar ideas, like "deity", are used in Buddhism.

I'm not Buddhist and have never claimed to be. I also don't practice Zen meditation/mindfullness. I prefer Vipassana., I just thought that ZenMode sounds better than VipassanaMode and Zen is associated with the Enso, which is my icon.

In regard to the idea of deities, gods, higher being, etc in Buddhism.....

I really think you are making incorrect assumptions about "Gods", in the traditional religious sense, and how similar ideas, like "deity", are used in Buddhism.
Okay, sorry I assumed you were Buddhist, or at least a Buddhist sympathizer from your screen name.

Organized Religion isn't a personal relationship with YHWH. It's man trying to make sense of what's going on.
But like a prism ,man bends the light of enlightenment!

It certainly does. Look at Christians who support Trump.
Look at Louisiana trying to force religion on school children.
Louisiana "trying to force religion on school children"!
That's not what's going on! Louisiana is trying to force there right wing Republican Politics on children ,using the 10 Commandments as their Political weapon!

Naw, religion doesn’t make people stupid. They sure can say some stupid things though, if they attempt to defend the literal Bible.

Having said that, if a Christian is one who believes that Jesus was born of a virgin and the son of God, performed miracles, then was crucified and resurrected for everyone’s sins, then there’s a shit ton of suspension of reality to get there. Add on this Trinity thing and a Christian has some splainin’ to do about belief in voodoo.

Does religion make people stupid?​

It certainly does. Look at Christians who support Trump.
Yup, it certainly does. Look at warmizombies and climate lemmings who deny science, math and logic, and who support the DNC.

Look at Louisiana trying to force religion on school children.
Look at school boards across the country trying to force religion on school children, in the science classroom no less.

Naw, religion doesn’t make people stupid. They sure can say some stupid things though, if they attempt to defend the literal Bible.
There is no such thing as a figurative Bible. There are only literal Bibles.

Having said that, if a Christian is one who believes that Jesus was born of a virgin and the son of God, performed miracles, then was crucified and resurrected for everyone’s sins, then there’s a shit ton of suspension of reality to get there.
All that is needed is religious belief. What reality are you claiming is required to be suspended to be a Christian?

Add on this Trinity thing and a Christian has some splainin’ to do about belief in voodoo.
Why does any religious person need to 'splain anything to you?

Louisiana "trying to force religion on school children"!
That's not what's going on! Louisiana is trying to force there right wing Republican Politics on children ,using the 10 Commandments as their Political weapon!
But the Commandments are religion.

Found something you might find interesting since "I" am establishing the link between Native Americans and Sun Worship...

The ARTICLE mentions that the family is Apache Indian. The Ceremony is the Apache Sunrise Dance described online as:

The Apache Sunrise Dance, a four-day ceremony for girls to mark their coming of age, during which they temporarily become Changing Woman, the first mother of their people.

Does "Changing Woman" sound familiar? Oh, that's right, it was mentioned in one my previous posts as the wife of the Sun God Tsohanoai.

Weird.
If they worship the sun, so fucking what?!

Weird.
So, a community helping its children is evil. Good point.

Back