Does religion make people stupid?

The Apache Sunrise Dance is a four-day female coming-of-age ceremony, in which a girl temporarily becomes Changing Woman, the first lady and mother of her people. It is a significant and highly spiritual event for both the girl and the entire Apache community.

Navajo Sun Bearer: Exploring the Sacred Mythology of the Southwest

Navajo Sun Bearer is a significant figure in Navajo mythology. Known as Tsohanoai
, this sacred being carries the sun across the sky every day. Depicted as a blue disk with eyes, mouth, and sometimes horns, Tsohanoai is also represented as a person in sand paintings.

He is recognized to have a wife, Changing Woman, and multiple illegitimate children. In one instance, Changing Woman’s sons, known as the Hero Twins, face challenges set by Tsohanoai in his home.

I fail to see your point. The coming of age ritual is evil because they don't worship Jesus?!

The story I posted explained the ritual by the people participating in it. You kept asserting they worshipped the sun which nobody in that long article stated.
Did the article say that Lutherans worship the God of Abraham?

"At the time, her private school’s teachers were mostly white people who would often discuss the satanic nature of Apache traditions. When Caitlyn was in fifth grade, she was given an F on an art project for drawing the White Mountain Apache crest and including an eagle feather. An “A” student, she was devastated to be chastised this way. As Caitlyn remembers it, her teacher smiled and explained that this kind of project wasn’t allowed because it denoted “pagan worship”.

The school is not unique in its dogma opposing traditional Indigenous practices; the vast majority of the churches on Apache land teach families who participate in traditional ceremonies that they’re damning themselves by worshiping the devil. The Whiteriver Assembly of God, a Pentecostal church, stated in its missionary handbook that Crown Dancers – those who help welcome the girl into womanhood during the Sunrise Dance – could be a “demonic manifestation”.

"At the time, her private school’s teachers were mostly white people who would often discuss the satanic nature of Apache traditions. When Caitlyn was in fifth grade, she was given an F on an art project for drawing the White Mountain Apache crest and including an eagle feather. An “A” student, she was devastated to be chastised this way. As Caitlyn remembers it, her teacher smiled and explained that this kind of project wasn’t allowed because it denoted “pagan worship”.

Yep. As I said earlier, a Christian school isn't going to want non-Christians, Pagans, Satanists in their school. The students were apparently given warnings, but participating in a pagan ceremony was the last straw.

How this is news is beyond me.

Yep. As I said earlier, a Christian school isn't going to want non-Christians, Pagans, Satanists in their school. The students were apparently given warnings, but participating in a pagan ceremony was the last straw.

How this is news is beyond me.
So, now you are calling the Apache "Satanists."

So, now you are calling the Apache "Satanists."
Nope. There is no Satan. From the Lutheran's point of view, worshipping other gods, the sun, is a form of satanism. Does it make sense that Lutherans wouldn't want Satanists in their school?

Nope. There is no Satan. From the Lutheran's point of view, worshipping other gods, the sun, is a form of satanism. Does it make sense that Lutherans wouldn't want Satanists in their school?
So you insist on lying about the ritual.

So you insist on lying about the ritual.
I didn't lie about anything. All I've done is post links confirming what I already knew - a) Native Americans tend to worship non-Christian gods. B) the ritual is LITERALLY based on the wife of a native American sun god.

I didn't lie about anything. All I've done is post links confirming what I already knew - a) Native Americans tend to worship non-Christian gods. B) the ritual is LITERALLY based on the wife of a native American sun god.
Some website said that Why is that more authoritative than what the people doing the ritual say?

Back