Eastern philosophy says the self is an illusion

Not running from it. YOU are the only one on here who knew this aspect of Gaugin so it seems to be your imagination that is playing havoc here.

Even your best friend, Cypress, didn't know it.
Let's review Perry:
Hypocrisy is hypocrisy, no matter how good you are with Corel Draw.
Agreed on hypocrisy, Perry. You're clearly an expert. LOL

I have many talents.
Like Gaugin in Tahiti at the nearest PS.
Thanks for calling me a pedophile, Perry. 12B reported.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/18/arts/design/gauguin-national-gallery-london.html
Is It Time Gauguin Got Canceled?
Museums are reassessing the legacy of an artist who had sex with teenage girls and called the Polynesian people he painted “savages.”

How did you interpret that??????

I meant you are an artist, like Gaugin outside a Pot Shop! Wow. I'm not sure what you are smoking today but that's a stretch. Wow.

I'm not entirely certain how you went to the absolute darkest place imaginable to make an accusation like that. Wow. Don't like art much, do you?
Gaugin was a pedo. Your allusion was obvious. It's not like this is the first time you've been caught red-handed lying.

Don't worry, Perry. Even the mods know you're "off". At worst, you'll only get a warning unless you are a repeat offender. :thup:

Seriously, dude, to my knowledge Gaugin was just an impressionist painter whose work I didn't much like. That's why I mentioned him. I didn't realize he was what you said.

I'm not going to apologize because I didn't call you anything bad. I just made another art joke which you flipped out over, like you did with Tom of Finland.

If you want to go digging up every bad thing about every artist that's fine. Just don't assume everyone's brain goes to that same dark shit.

Do you get equally upset when they play Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll Part 2" at sporting events too?
How did you come up with Gary Glitter so fast? I never knew he was a pedo although I like the song "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Let's review Perry:
Is it a coincidence how fast you came up with Gary Glitter? I never knew he was a pedo although I like the song "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Maybe you should take a bit of a break. You seem really upset by this. I'm sorry that I didn't know as much art history as you do, but I sure wish you could get a grip on this. Nothing was meant by it.

You are free to spin out your paranoia as you wish. I hope you can get whatever help you need to get past it, but it is, at the end of the day, just your paranoid ranting.

Take it easy for a bit. Wind down.

(Besides, your obsession with Gaugin is getting a bit boring.)

So you believe in self improvement and moral development without doing the work of looking deeply into yourself, practicing self reflection, and introspection, aka developing a better sense of self knowledge

Just leave Aristotle out of it. Stop pontificating in ignorance.

You've never heard of Gaugin before? Huh.

Never been banned for anything to my knowledge. Certainly nothing as nasty as that rule. Not nervous in the slightest because I've got nothing to be guilty about.
Not to my recollection.

Interesting reply.

Maybe you should take a bit of a break. You seem really upset by this. I'm sorry that I didn't know as much art history as you do, but I sure wish you could get a grip on this. Nothing was meant by it.

You are free to spin out your paranoia as you wish. I hope you can get whatever help you need to get past it, but it is, at the end of the day, just your paranoid ranting.

Take it easy for a bit. Wind down.

(Besides, your obsession with Gaugin is getting a bit boring.)
LOL

7v0z37.gif

Take a break.
As the resident art expert, why didn't you compare me to Van Gogh? He's not only more a better known impressionist but was batshit crazy. He was also Dutch. Get it?

Is the reason you avoided Van Gogh because he was probably Bipolar and/or had borderline personality disorder? Was that a little too close to home for you, Perry?

BTW, I like some of Van Gogh's art. Specifically Starry Night and Wheatfield with Crows.

OIP.SE_LxweNaBBtnmm-v7pVPQHaF6

van-gogh-wheatfield-with-crows.jpg

"ALL men by nature desire to know. An indication of this is the delight we take in our senses; for even apart from their usefulness they are loved for themselves; and above all others the sense of sight. For not only with a view to action, but even when we are not going to do anything, we prefer seeing (one might say) to everything else. The reason is that this, most of all the senses, makes us know and brings to light many differences between things.

http://classics.mit.edu/Aristotle/metaphysics.1.i.html

I worry that you don't actually read posts that are addressed directly to you. I've already answered this question.

Because Van Gogh was straight? He wasn't a pedo? Because you're nuts and Van Gogh was too close to home?

7v1qym.jpg

Last edited:
You are clearly more familiar with folks like Gaugin than I was. Thanks for the heads up. Any other artists on your radar?
Thanks for proving you knew exactly what you were doing, Perry. I can call you a liar all day long, but when you prove it for everyone on the forum to see, that's much, much better. :)

Thanks for proving you knew exactly what you were doing, Perry. I can call you a liar all day long, but when you prove it for everyone on the forum to see, that's much, much better. :)

You seem to hallucinate quite floridly. You might want to get some help. You imagine so much that isn't there.

Back