Eastern philosophy says the self is an illusion

This is hardly an adequate confession that you lied about me supposedly claiming I had mastered anything.

I am genuinely curious what you have "mastered". I have told you what some parts of psychology say about "mastering thoughts". I think, in actual fact, the goal should always be to master one's RESPONSE to thoughts.

You have SURELY heard of the "Don't think of an elephant" type experiments, correct?

Sooooo....the only thing you are ignorant about is comparing me to a pedophile? Everything else you're the forum expert upon? That's very strange, Perry.

Given that I NEVER claimed to be an expert on all things I am uncertain how you constructed your syllogism.

You clearly know more about this topic than I do. You should be congratulated that your knowledge of art history is superior.

Agreed.

As always, I forgive Perry because I know his suitcase isn't packed very tight.

If you're going to pick out an impressionist artist, why Gaugin instead the universally known Monet.

And why zero in like a laser on Gaugin's time in Tahiti.

No plausible explanation have been forthcoming

If you're going to pick out an impressionist artist, why Gaugin instead the universally known Monet.

Agreed. The choice was deliberate; Perry trying to be cute. Now the fun part is watching him backpedal away from it. :rofl2:

7v0z37.gif

Incorrect. I selected an artist that is well known and LIKE YOU I didn’t k ow the unpleasant stuff that doc knew about.

Simple as that.

You seem really amped up over this.
I'm enjoying the show you are putting on. For someone who always wanted to be the forum expert on everything, seeing you run from your own cutsie 12B is very funny!

Example:
Incorrect. I selected an artist that is well known and LIKE YOU I didn’t k ow the unpleasant stuff that doc knew about.

Simple as that.
You picked the name of the artist and I had to Google it.

Were you banned before under a different username for a 12B, Perry? You seem really nervous about it.

Aristotle never talked about self knowledge. But...you lie all the time.

There is not the slightest chance one could cultivate and apply the principles in Nicomachean Ethics, the Dhammapada, the Daodejing without a concerted effort at self reflection and introspection.

An inscription on temple of the Oracle of Delphi in Greece famously said "know thyself"

I'm enjoying the show you are putting on. For someone who always wanted to be the forum expert on everything, seeing you run from your own cutsie 12B is very funny!

Not running from it. YOU are the only one on here who knew this aspect of Gaugin so it seems to be your imagination that is playing havoc here.

Even your best friend, Cypress, didn't know it.

There is not the slightest chance one could cultivate and apply the principles in Nicomachean Ethics, the Dhammapada, the Daodejing without a concerted effort at self reflection and introspection.

An inscription on temple of the Oracle of Delphi in Greece famously said "know thyself"

So, you are wrong about Aristotle. My god, have some humility!

Look, if you want to state what you think is true, just say it. But don't use people's names when you are completely ignorant about what they said.

You picked the name of the artist and I had to Google it.

You've never heard of Gaugin before? Huh.

Were you banned before under a different username for a 12B, Perry? You seem really nervous about it.

Never been banned for anything to my knowledge. Certainly nothing as nasty as that rule. Not nervous in the slightest because I've got nothing to be guilty about.

Look, if you want to state what you think is true, just say it. But don't use people's names when you are completely ignorant about what they said.

You can believe that one can read and apply Nicomachean Ethics without the slightest effort at self reflection introspection.

I don't see how a project of moral improvement is even possible without self reflection

You can believe that one can read and apply Nicomachean Ethics without the slightest effort at self reflection introspection.

I don't see how a project of moral improvement is even possible without self reflection

Stop lying. You have admitted you're a neophyte. Have some humility.

Back