Eastern philosophy says the self is an illusion

I simply asked where are the mathmatical equations or scientific law someone could use in real life to define when or if it's okay to lie, what's the boundary between righteous anger and fury, how does one choose a friend, what's the drawing line between complete loyalty and remonstrance, is it okay to hate, what is fairness?.

That's the kind of knowledge people need on a day to day basis in real life. They don't really need to know Einstein's field equations or the Schrodinger equation.

I picked up a book by Patrick Grimm that goes down this tangent. As he frames it:

The really fundamental questions of our lives are not questions of fact or finance, but questions of value.

What is it that gives something genuine value? What is worth striving for and what makes life worth living? Are there values that transcend cultural differences? If the universe is deterministic, can there be genuine choice? Is ethics possible without religion? Is all value subjective? What is the difference between fact and value? How should life be lived? Is there a possibility of ethical knowledge, subjective or objective?

I picked up a book by Patrick Grimm that goes down this tangent. As he frames it:

The really fundamental questions of our lives are not questions of fact or finance, but questions of value.

What is it that gives something genuine value? What is worth striving for and what makes life worth living? Are there values that transcend cultural differences? If the universe is deterministic, can there be genuine choice? Is ethics possible without religion? Is all value subjective? What is the difference between fact and value? How should life be lived? Is there a possibility of ethical knowledge, subjective or objective?

A fellow named Cypress, so sure,
Thought his smarts were truly a lure.
But his knowledge was thin,
Like a whispering wind,
His intellect not quite as pure.

A fellow named Cypress, so sure,
Thought his smarts were truly a lure.
But his knowledge was thin,
Like a whispering wind,
His intellect not quite as pure.

In a world of tail wags and joyful barks,
Lived Perry the Dog, with his quirks and sparks,
A life led by patterns, routines so tight,
Obsessive compulsions, day and night.

He chased his tail in circles of glee,
But not just for fun, as you'd think it to be,
A dance of the mind, a relentless game,
Compelled by his thoughts, a persistent aim.

He arranged his toys with utmost care,
In perfect lines, a precise affair,
Each bone aligned, each ball in its place,
A reflection of the struggle he'd embrace.

Perry, dear pup, faced battles unseen,
A mind that would wander, a quest to keep clean,
But within his struggle, a heart full of grace,
A reminder that love can find its own space.

His humans stood by him, patient and kind,
Understanding the turmoil within his mind,
Through walks and cuddles, and days without end,
Perry found solace, in the love of a friend.

So let's learn from Perry, the pup with a view,
That compassion and patience will always shine through,
In a world that's imperfect, we find our own way,
Embracing each other, come what may.

Ironic that you are exchanging dick pics with Mason or that you will be hooking up with him at a Best Western for a little 69 action?

Ironic that you, of all people, are making a big deal of this. I mean given that you and Cypress seem to be busy fellating each other every minute of every day. You guys exchange files?

Ironic that you, of all people, are making a big deal of this. I mean given that you and Cypress seem to be busy fellating each other every minute of every day. You guys exchange files?
Your sexual fantasies aside, Spaz, it’s odd that you take exception to the word retard yet you have no problem being homophobic. What gives?

Your sexual fantasies aside, Spaz, it’s odd that you take exception to the word retard yet you have no problem being homophobic. What gives?

It's not homophobic to enjoy your mancrush, Cypress. It's ironic that you two would be such homophobes (what with Cypress's war on "degenerate art" and your obsession on people's dicks)

Dutch is a baiter,he wants a reaction! He got it,a permanent block.

Dutch is a baiter,he wants a reaction! He got it,a permanent block.
I love living inside head of all the psychos, retards and demented dumbasses. Please post this in my “Who Hates Doc” thread. The post count has been lagging. TIA. :thup:

Back