Eastern philosophy says the self is an illusion

I leave it to Jank's shrinks, but obsession, pathological dishonesty, and anger management seem like treatable conditions.

Keep on...

I shudder to think how much time is wasted here by the gossip girls indulging their petty grievances.

girls_gossiping.jpg

You can tell Jank is going to have another meltdown and start screaming at me again when she starts writing in all caps font.

I don't have to have a meltdown...I can just enjoy the fact that the boards self-styled "intelleckshul" didn't even know what the OED was (or freezing point depression, or the Nicene Creed, or the use of "moot" vs "mute", or...)

I leave it to Jank's shrinks, but obsession, pathological dishonesty, and anger management seem like treatable conditions.

IMO, Perry has more of a genetic-related issue than a normal person in need of some therapy. I believe, like Witold the Polish Spaz that he is retarded. Possibly autistic.

Funny hypocrisy from the twinkle twins.
I shudder to think how much time is wasted here by the gossip girls indulging their petty grievances.

girls_gossiping.jpg
Keep on...

girls_gossiping.jpg
OK

girls_gossiping.jpg
I don't have to have a meltdown...I can just enjoy the fact that the boards self-styled "intelleckshul" didn't even know what the OED was (or freezing point depression, or the Nicene Creed, or the use of "moot" vs "mute", or...)
You just did, Perry.
qpoJR5a.gif
z2Kw2et.gif
qpoJR5a.gif

You're having a meltdown Jank. That's three posts you have composed to me in four minutes.

Your contrived phantom victories over me are just a symptom of your relentless obsession and grudging admiration for all the threads and posts I write. You follow me like a little lost puppy dog. I would barely notice you are here if you weren't relentlessly writing to me.

American English lexicon

"Grudging respect" means you really can't stand a person but you unwillingly feel a level of admiration for their skills or knowledge about (X,Y, or Z)

You're having a meltdown Jank. That's three posts you have composed to me in four minutes.

Your contrived phantom victories over me are just a symptom of your relentless obsession and grudging admiration for all the threads and posts I write. You follow me like a little lost puppy dog. I would barely notice you are here if you weren't relentlessly writing to me.

You think too highly of yourself, but thanks for gossiping with your buddy Doc Douche indulging your petty grievance.

girls_gossiping.jpg

IMO, Perry has more of a genetic-related issue than a normal person in need of some therapy. I believe, like Witold the Polish Spaz that he is retarded. Possibly autistic.

Is this what you call "interesting"? I'm genuinely curious. You seem to think you have some "psych" training but we've already established you don't even know what the DSM if for.

Last edited:
HOW TO TELL THAT CYPRESS HAS NEVER HAD A PHILOSOPHY CLASS
Correct, I was not a humanities major and didn't have time in my schedule for an elective class in Philosophy during college.

Education for me didn't stop at age 23. This is an accounting of the philosophy and intellectual history books and video content I own.

But Why do you get so obsessed and distressed about what I am reading and learning, Jank?

IMG_20230607_172948_3~2.jpg
IMG_20230607_172857_9~2.jpg

-Cypress' Collection -

The Will to Power: The philosophy of Frederich Nietzsche

Great Minds of the Eastern Intellectual Tradition

Masters of Greek Thought: Socrates, Plato, Aristotle

The Transcendentalist Movement

Birth of the Modern Mind: The Intellectual History of the 17th and 18th Centuries

The Modern Intellectual Tradition: From Descartes to Derrida

Existentialism and the Meaning of Life

Great Minds of the Western Intellectual Tradition, 3rd Edition

Mind-Body Philosophy

The Great Ideas of Philosophy

Books that Matter: Analects of Confucius

Philosophy of Mind

Philosophy, Religion and the Meaning of Life

-not pictured -

Introduction to Greek Philosophy

Exploring Metaphysics

Philosophy and Religion in the West

European Thought in the 19th Century

European Thought in the 20th Century

Great Philosophical Debates: Free Will and Determinism

Philosophy in the Middle Ages

Philosophy of Science

Philosophy as a Guide to Living

Correct, I was not a humanities major and didn't have time in my schedule for an elective class in Philosophy during college.

Education for me didn't stop at age 23. This is an accounting of the philosophy and intellectual history books and video content I own.

But Why do you get so obsessed and distressed about what I am reading and learning, Jank?...
Perry is obsessed about appearing as the smartest man in the room which makes him extremely jealous when it's clear he's not. You very well read and I have a skill he'll never be able to obtain.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/jealousy
Is there a “cure” for jealousy?
There is no instant cure for jealousy. But accepting that jealousy is normal, challenging negative thoughts, and practicing mindfulness may all help reduce its pull. When jealousy is overwhelming, talking to a therapist can help enormously.

It's Perry's obsessiveness and jealousy that will get him into trouble resulting in a vacation off the forum. LOL He should see a therapist before that happens.

7wf8ec.gif

Perry is obsessed about appearing as the smartest man in the room which makes him extremely jealous when it's clear he's not. You very well read and I have a skill he'll never be able to obtain.

It's Perry's obsessiveness and jealousy that will get him into trouble resulting in a vacation off the forum. LOL He should see a therapist before that happens.

7wf8ec.gif
He is very distressed that you served in the military and flew choppers.

Perry's lies about being awarded a glorious geochem PhD is in the same pattern of internet posters who falsely claim to be military vets or medical doctors.

I never understood the motivation to lie to people one doesn't know and will never meet, I leave the analysis to the shrinks!

But Why do you get so obsessed and distressed about what I am reading and learning, Jank?

View attachment 25479
View attachment 25480

-Cypress' Collection -

The Will to Power: The philosophy of Frederich Nietzsche

Great Minds of the Eastern Intellectual Tradition

Masters of Greek Thought: Socrates, Plato, Aristotle

The Transcendentalist Movement

Birth of the Modern Mind: The Intellectual History of the 17th and 18th Centuries

The Modern Intellectual Tradition: From Descartes to Derrida

Existentialism and the Meaning of Life

Great Minds of the Western Intellectual Tradition, 3rd Edition

Mind-Body Philosophy

The Great Ideas of Philosophy

Books that Matter: Analects of Confucius

Philosophy of Mind

Philosophy, Religion and the Meaning of Life

-not pictured -

Introduction to Greek Philosophy

Exploring Metaphysics

Philosophy and Religion in the West

European Thought in the 19th Century

European Thought in the 20th Century

Great Philosophical Debates: Free Will and Determinism

Philosophy in the Middle Ages

Philosophy of Science

Philosophy as a Guide to Living

Cypress....guaranteed to just show you his books and think that makes him smart. LOL.

He is very distressed that you served in the military and flew choppers.

Nah, not at all. Mainly because I don't believe someone like Doc Dutch (AKA Dutch Uncle) would be allowed to fly helicopters. I think he's just living in a fantasy world of what he thought he wanted to do when he was young.

I'm sure you've exchange a lot of "files" with him so you might know him better, but that's kind of what it appears.

Perry's lies about being awarded a glorious geochem PhD

Where?

is in the same pattern of internet posters who falsely claim to be military vets or medical doctors.

Like Doc Dutch.

I never understood the motivation to lie to people one doesn't know and will never meet, I leave the analysis to the shrinks!

You do it. So why are you sitting in judgement of others?

7wf8ec.gif

Don't you have some helicopter maintenance to do?

Back