Eastern philosophy says the self is an illusion

Thanks for the confession finally after six thousand posts later that my Oxford dictionary definition was correct, and I was correctly using the word properly in the context I was writing.

I hope you realized I already told you this many, many, many posts ago. My use is EXACTLY AS CORRECT.

I already explained it to you. But since you don't read my posts you missed it.

This is why reading should be done with great care.

I hope you realized I already told you this many, many, many posts ago. My use is EXACTLY AS CORRECT.

Don't give a shit about your useage since I never questioned it.

Thanks for the confession finally after six thousand posts later that my Oxford dictionary definition was correct, and I was correctly using the word properly in the context I was writing

Don't give a shit about your useage since I never questioned it.

You are missing the point. My "usage" was as a COUNTERPOINT to your discussion. I expanded the frame (based on the FACT that humans are simply other animals) and then showed how these "universals" of which you speak were actually JUST LOCAL TO HUMANS. Sure it was universal AMONG HUMANS but that's like building an argument where you have a proposition "universal" only to people with red hair. It's a subset. (In all seriousness, do you not understand what I'm saying here?)

Thanks for the confession finally after six thousand posts later that my Oxford dictionary definition was correct, and I was correctly using the word properly in the context I was writing

You are missing the point. My "usage" was as a COUNTERPOINT to your discussion. I expanded the frame (based on the FACT that humans are simply other animals) and then showed how these "universals" of which you speak were actually JUST LOCAL TO HUMANS. Sure it was universal AMONG HUMANS but that's like building an argument where you have a proposition "universal" only to people with red hair. It's a subset. (In all seriousness, do you not understand what I'm saying here?)

Thanks for confessing that I have been using the term universal correctly and in it's proper context for what I was writing all along.

Perry is funny that way. LOL

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/universal?q=Universal
​ done by or involving all the people in the world or in a particular group
Such problems are a universal feature of old age.
Agreement on this issue is almost universal.
universal suffrage (= the right of all the people in a country to vote)

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/universal?q=Universal

The Oxford Learners Dictionary is not the OED. And there is literally NO UNIVERSE in which the word "universal" is exclusive to humans. Not one. Not one single multiverse anywhere.

The Oxford Learners Dictionary is not the OED. And there is literally NO UNIVERSE in which the word "universal" is exclusive to humans. Not one. Not one single multiverse anywhere.

It's the online version, dumbass. If you disagree. Take a picture of the definition in your OED and post it. I fully understand if you can't do that, Perry. LOL

It's the online version, dumbass. If you disagree. Take a picture of the definition in your OED and post it. I fully understand if you can't do that, Perry. LOL

THere is an actual OED online version:

It's called the OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY

https://www.oed.com/?tl=true

The Oxford Learners Dictionary is for people learning the language. The OED itself is much more expansive. (Also for the etymology entries you need to get through a paywall)

And besides: IT DOESN'T SAY THAT UNIVERSAL IS EXCLUSIVE TO HUMANS. It just doesn't.

Some relevant questions for people who can use the word universal properly in appropriate context:

Is universal literacy possible in countries that gender discriminate in education, like Afghanistan or Pakistan?

Is the Hubble constant universal, or does it vary from place to place?

Is a universal ethics possible? Can it be based on utilitarian or religious principles?

Can literature and art be judged on universal principles, or should they be evaluated by the standards of their own culture?

Is the Pythagorean theorem universal, or are there exceptions to it's axioms?

Should we have universal military conscription for all 18 year olds?

THere is an actual OED online version:

It's called the OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY

https://www.oed.com/?tl=true

The Oxford Learners Dictionary is for people learning the language. The OED itself is much more expansive. (Also for the etymology entries you need to get through a paywall)

And besides: IT DOESN'T SAY THAT UNIVERSAL IS EXCLUSIVE TO HUMANS. It just doesn't.
^^^
Still can post the definition. LOL

Some relevant questions for people who can use the word universal properly in appropriate context:

Is universal literacy possible in countries that gender discriminate in education, like Afghanistan or Pakistan?

Is the Hubble constant universal, or does it vary from place to place?

Is a universal ethics possible? Can it be based on utilitarian or religious principles?

Can literature and art be judged on universal principles, or should they be evaluated by the standards of their own culture?

Is the Pythagorean theorem universal, or are there exceptions to it's axioms?

Should we have universal military conscription for all 18 year olds?

How am I misusing it?

7who2e.jpg

Did you use the Royal Kneepads as the head Royal cocksucker, Perry?

Give up on the flight suit question, Perry? If your mouth full? :rofl2:

Did you use the Royal Kneepads as the head Royal cocksucker, Perry?

Give up on the flight suit question, Perry? If your mouth full? :rofl2:

There it is. More of the hate. Just non-stop with you. You must have the worst life imaginable given how much you thrive with hate.

Hate is perfectly normal as an emotion. An adult can control how they ACT with that feeling though.

How am I misusing it?

Never said you were. I don't even know what you posted, and don't read most of what I write

You were the jackass who harangued us about the improper use and definition of the word.

Back