Edwards

Cancel7

Banned
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/14/john-edwards-endorsing-ob_n_101749.html

This is a really interesting development. A lot of people have been ragging on Edwards, but if you read the details on this, it becomes pretty clear he's been biding the timing of his endorsement at Obama's direction, and not as the pundits have been cynically telling us, as "bargaining power".

They are rolling this all out in their own good time, and there was no better day than today for this, to put the kibosh on any hillary "momentum".

Gross.

I will probably get over it though.

I'm sure this excites liberals, but let's all just hope Edwards hasn't given Obama the "Two America's" kiss of death in the general election.

Yeah, real "interesting" how he waited until he was irrelevant before making his "endorsement". What a waste of air and hair spray!

Yeah, real "interesting" how he waited until he was irrelevant before making his "endorsement". What a waste of air and hair spray!

This is the classic GOP/hater perspective. On this side of the fence, people understand that the timing of this is strategic & pretty huge, erasing about 97% of any momentum that Hillary might have garnered yesterday from WV w/ the superdelegates.

Try not to be incredibly dense all of the time.

This is the classic GOP/hater perspective. On this side of the fence, people understand that the timing of this is strategic & pretty huge, erasing about 97% of any momentum that Hillary might have garnered yesterday from WV w/ the superdelegates.

Typical Party worshiper rhetoric.

:rolleyes:Please, she garnered nothing and this does nothing. It is an irrelevant gesture from a man who made himself irrelevant by waiting for so long. It is, IMO, cowardly to endorse somebody after it is clear they have already won.

Try not to be such a worshiper, even of the mealy and the weak who haven't the fortitude to step out on a limb.

They really have shown themselves to be clueless about political strategy. I'm amazed. The second I read it I thought, oohhh, Obama and Edwards planned it this way, and it was a great move.

But there is no talking to them about Edwards. They just hate him.

Please, she garnered nothing and this does nothing. It is an irrelevant gesture from a man who made himself irrelevant by waiting for so long. It is, IMO, cowardly to endorse somebody after it is clear they have already won.

Try not to be such a worshiper, even of the mealy and the weak who haven't the fortitude to step out on a limb.

Rubbish. You clearly don't understand Edwards' appeal w/in the Democratic party, to both Obama & Hillary supporters, and those "white working class" that have been talked about so much lately.

Tonight was huge; he gave a great speech as well. You're just a hater, so you don't get it.

Eugh.

If we had a vomiting smiley face I would put it here.

Edwards induces a nausea in me like few other politicians are capable of.

Put him in the position of Attorney-General and we will see him fighting to protect the civil liberties of Americans, but by God don't let that class-warfare inciting phony into the White House.

Rubbish. You clearly don't understand Edwards' appeal w/in the Democratic party, to both Obama & Hillary supporters, and those "white working class" that have been talked about so much lately.

Tonight was huge; he gave a great speech as well. You're just a hater, so you don't get it.
Probably not. I think his "massive" vote count told me that his appeal is overrated.

But perhaps there are more worshipers than his vote count showed.

I think that she'd be lost even if he had fallen out of everybody's memories and that her appeal is going, going, gone.

They really have shown themselves to be clueless about political strategy. I'm amazed. The second I read it I thought, oohhh, Obama and Edwards planned it this way, and it was a great move.

But there is no talking to them about Edwards. They just hate him.

Agreed; I think they probably were thinking about this last week. They knew what would happen in WV; it was a perfect political move.

I've gotta admit, they looked great together; I didn't see an Obama/Edwards ticket before, but I think he's probably on the short list.

Probably not. I think his "massive" vote count told me that his appeal is overrated.

But perhaps there are more worshipers than his vote count showed.

His vote count was hardly insignificant. He was in the double digits in most primary contests; beyond that, he had broad appeal even w/ those who supported both Hillary & Obama.

Like I said, you don't get it. You're a hater, so your analysis is off.

Agreed; I think they probably were thinking about this last week. They knew what would happen in WV; it was a perfect political move.

I've gotta admit, they looked great together; I didn't see an Obama/Edwards ticket before, but I think he's probably on the short list.

Didn't they? I was really excited. I won't hold it against Obama if he doesn't pick him...I am assuming he has inside polling I'm not privy to, and they're going to make the call of who can best help get him to the WH. But I am really hoping for it.

His vote count was hardly insignificant. He was in the double digits in most primary contests; beyond that, he had broad appeal even w/ those who supported both Hillary & Obama.

Like I said, you don't get it. You're a hater, so your analysis is off.
Ron Paul was in double digits in many. I believe his (Edwards) vote count showed that the vast majority of the party will not support him for the top job.

I think you are a worshiper and therefore your analysis is off.

This will not change one mind. Everybody, except hillary, already knows Obama is the candidate.

I would say that Roy Romer had more of an impact than Edwards did.

Ron Paul was in double digits in many. I believe his (Edwards) vote count showed that the vast majority of the party will not support him for the top job.

Who is talking about Edwards for the top job? We're talking about the effectiveness of an endorsement.

You always out-stupid yourself.

Who is talking about Edwards for the top job? We're talking about the effectiveness of an endorsement.

You always out-stupid yourself.
He was running for it you moron. Geez. I don't normally say that a post is idiotic, but geez. The party rejected him for the top job, by a VAST majority.

Your worship is making you stupid.

Back