Evolution vs Creationism---Is there a God? Or is it all just random chance?

That would require reading it as Jesus talking to his disciples in the 3rd person. But while you fixate on a possible mistake you drop everything else - namely the words that were said to the rich man - a message not just for those 12 to observe.

Which has nothing to do with your acknowledgment and admission that Jesus was talking to his disciples and that you lied in your earlier post.

Absolutely. We have a family member who, for a brief time, lived in a HUD-managed apartment complex. The nearby evangelical church occasionally had offerings of used clothing and canned food for the complex's residents, which of course came with invitations to attend the church. That was okay; obviously no one was forced to go there to get free stuff. But they also canvassed the complex weekly with some of their more zealous parishioners, some of whom would not take no for an answer. They especially liked it when a child answered the door, as you might imagine... their firewalls aren't as strong as adults'.

You're right about that "Prosperity Gospel." They have forgotten the words of their own gods, in exchange for material wealth.

"But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?" -- Jesus, 1 John 3:17

"“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the Lord against you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’" -- God, Deut. 15: 7-11

2 Thessalonians 3:8 ESV

Nor did we eat anyone's bread without paying for it, but with toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Today, 11:18 AM
USFREEDOM911
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

This message is hidden because USFREEDOM911 is on your ignore list.

Today, 11:24 AM
USFREEDOM911
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Today, 11:18 AM
USFREEDOM911
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Today, 11:24 AM
USFREEDOM911
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Translation:

LOOK AT ME - LOOK AT ME

095ea45e2311cd42867eb1923bf858c3.gif

I don't need to disprove demmycunt memes.........they fail on the weight of their own stupidity.....

The cry of a coward.

really?......so killing unborn children isn't a constitutional right that needs to be protected?.....

A lack of christian values in government is not an ideology. No more is the lack of Islamic values an ideology or any other religion in government.

...new definitions of marriage don't have to be imposed on the public when even the majority of Californifucks vote against it?

I'm glad you brought this up. remember when I mentioned the Mormon Church? https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mormongate----the-churchs_b_163016

Also if you're going to talk about Constitutional rights you really should consider the arguments to both sides.

.....the world isn't going to drown if the government doesn't require you to stop driving cars?......

Climate science doesn't seek appeal from an undetectable higher being. If you think trying to avoid death by natural disaster is a position only secularists can hold then you are far too gone for rational discourse.

Oops. Not happening, but maybe if you go create a tribute thread for her your toxic gf might quote you in hopes that I'll see it and respond to your pathetic attention whoring. :laugh:

Today, 11:44 AM
USFREEDOM911
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

lol.....no.....the founders didn't suggest killing unborn children was a good thing.......or pretending marriage was the relationship between people of the same sex.........

They proposed a government free of the influence of Christian dogma. The founders did mention naturally born citizens - didn't mention rights to the unborn citizen. If you can provide non-relgious arguments as to why abortion and gay marriage should be illegal under the Constitution then put forth a case in a new topic relevant thread. But you cannot deny the US was intended to be secular -that's not an imposition of political ideology other than the church doesn't get a say. But 'not getting a say' doesn't tell us anything about what policy will be put forth.

They proposed a government free of the influence of Christian dogma. The founders did mention naturally born citizens - didn't mention rights to the unborn citizen. If you can provide non-relgious arguments as to why abortion and gay marriage should be illegal under the Constitution then put forth a case in a new topic relevant thread. But you cannot deny the US was intended to be secular -that's not an imposition of political ideology other than the church doesn't get a say. But 'not getting a say' doesn't tell us anything about what policy will be put forth.

Good post. The creators of the Constitution had first-hand knowledge (and experience) with what happens when Church and State are intertwined. They very deliberately took steps to prevent that happening in the new republic. How easy it would have been to write some Xtian theology into the document, yet they chose not to do so.

none of that changes the fact that killing your unborn children is a sick and evil ideology......that isn't because of a religious argument.......that's a human argument......what does it mean that the US was intended to be secular......you have no right to impose a sick and evil ideology, whether it be "secular" or religious, on the millions of unborn children you've killed

Oops. Not happening, but maybe if you go create a tribute thread for her your toxic gf might quote you in hopes that I'll see it and respond to your pathetic attention whoring. :laugh:

Today, 11:44 AM
USFREEDOM911
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Translation:

LOOK AT ME, PLEASE - LOOK AT ME, PLEASE

095ea45e2311cd42867eb1923bf858c3.gif

Back