explain the supposed benefits of single payer health care

^^ Are they any real-world examples of single-payer systems that retain private insurance? I know of systems where private insurance is regulated to be not-for-profit, but those aren't single-payer systems.

It is very strange, a particularly obvious and direct example of how the right has somehow been convinced that policies which are for the public good are somehow going to magically enrich a corrupt oligarchy.

I'm sure that SmarterThanYou also fervently believes the deregulating the economy, abolishing the minimum wage, and running a budget surplus is "inevitably" going to help the man in the street.

The only example I can come up with that kinda works is how the Right has made it so that you can "sell" your Medicare to an insurance company, which always turns into a disaster for the Patient.

If we continue to elect Republicans who's goal is to sabotage those systems, you might be correct.

Right...........

because that is what they do

you love gobblement so much. you probably hug and kiss it every night before you go to sleep.

To you tell your children bed time stories about how they can put all of their faith in elected officials and that the elected officials will ALWAYS look out for them and care for them? Provide them "free" healthcare and "free" housing and "free" food?

I Love America said:
To you tell your children bed time stories about how they can put all of their faith in elected officials and that the elected officials will ALWAYS look out for them and care for them? Provide them "free" healthcare and "free" housing and "free" food?

Do you tell your children bedtime stories about how they can put all of their faith in corporate bureaucrats, hedge fund managers, and billionaire investors, and that the corporate bureaucrats, hedge fund managers, and billionaire investors will ALWAYS look out for them and care for them? Provide "free" jobs and "free" healthcare and "free" food?

Do you tell your children bedtime stories about how they can put all of their faith in corporate bureaucrats, hedge fund managers, and billionaire investors, and that the corporate bureaucrats, hedge fund managers, and billionaire investors will ALWAYS look out for them and care for them? Provide "free" jobs and "free" healthcare and "free" food?

Let's go back to the days of the "Company Store", it was so beneficial to the poor workers.

SmarterThanYou said:
and you think that government would be better at running the health industry with doctors than insurance companies?

I don't just think so, I know so. Insurance companies have to extract profit from the enterprise; that is just a waste of money that could be spent on, you know, care.

I don't just think so, I know so. Insurance companies have to extract profit from the enterprise; that is just a waste of money that could be spent on, you know, care.

Veterans Administration. nuff said. you are full of shit with your 'I know so' crap. the waste would triple under government control.

So the government is going to pay for ALL of your healthcare and you are going to get all that you want? Since there will be no profit it won't matter right? Brand name drugs for everyone.

and you think that government would be better at running the health industry with doctors than insurance companies?

I think if you removed the gross profits made by hospitals, pharma and some doctors, as well as insurance companies that medicine in the USA would look and operate very differently. It is hard to attract doctors to either the VA or Medicare when profit is involved.

For your information genius, the government is the world's unchallenged champion of financial waste, fraud and abuse simply because it doesn't give a flying fuck about MAKING A PROFIT. We'll all understand if you can't mentally process that truth!:rofl2::cof1:

I think if you removed the gross profits made by hospitals, pharma and some doctors, as well as insurance companies that medicine in the USA would look and operate very differently.

just what do you define as 'gross profits'? how is it that YOU get to determine what 'gross profits' are supposed to be?

Back