Fact-opinion differentiation

The first one contains some opinion.

For example, the first quote given, rated half-true. “I had zero emails that were classified.”

This is a lie by omission (look that up), not to mention just an opinion. Since the Hildabeast never--NEVER--turned over the complete unredacted version of her illegal, private, server to the government, we don't know if this is true or not for certain. Since the Hildabeast is saying it, doesn't make it a fact. There were documents and e-mails in what she turned over that were classified, or became classified, so the facts we do know indicate she is most likely lying her ass off. Classifying this statement as "Mostly false," or as a "Lie," would be accurate. In any case, it is the Hildabeast's opinion not a fact in what she said.

Both are opinions by Politifact.

As opposed to being wrong? LOL

Political extremists seem to be the most confused about difference. Most posts on JPP are opinion. Those who past links backing up their posts are more factual given they are stating facts from the link and not embellishing. :)

A Holy Link is not a Universal Truth, Sock. It is not a 'proof' either.

As opposed to being wrong? LOL

Political extremists seem to be the most confused about difference. Most posts on JPP are opinion. Those who past links backing up their posts are more factual given they are stating facts from the link and not embellishing. :)

ALL posts on JPP are opinion, Sock. Opinions can also be a fact, Sock. Learn what 'fact' means. It does NOT mean 'Universal Truth' or 'proof'.

Facts are whatever one wants them to be. Covid is the latest example. I still see people wearing a mask.

Not quite.

A fact is simply an assumed predicate. We use them to shorten our conversations. The second someone in that conversation challenges that predicate, it ceases to be a fact, and becomes an argument. The predicate is no longer assumed.

Take the statement, "I still see people wearing a mask". I also have seen this. I believe a lot of people here continue to see this. Among them, this is a fact.
For someone challenging that statement (attempting to deny it), that statement is not a fact for him. It is an argument.

Opinions can also be facts. So can elements of fiction. It is a fact for most people, for example, that Hobbits have hairy toes. That Tolkien describes Hobbits like this in his books changes nothing. It is still a fact.

The Sock and various others assume a 'fact' to be some kind of 'Universal Truth', as if to prove their religion True. That's just fundamentalism.

Not quite.

A fact is simply an assumed predicate. We use them to shorten our conversations. The second someone in that conversation challenges that predicate, it ceases to be a fact, and becomes an argument. The predicate is no longer assumed.

Take the statement, "I still see people wearing a mask". I also have seen this. I believe a lot of people here continue to see this. Among them, this is a fact.
For someone challenging that statement (attempting to deny it), that statement is not a fact for him. It is an argument.

Opinions can also be facts. So can elements of fiction. It is a fact for most people, for example, that Hobbits have hairy toes. That Tolkien describes Hobbits like this in his books changes nothing. It is still a fact.

The Sock and various others assume a 'fact' to be some kind of 'Universal Truth', as if to prove their religion True. That's just fundamentalism.
My assertion is facts are whatever one wants them to be.

There was a study of news consumers about a decade ago, and FOX viewers were the most likely to not have knowledge of facts.
I didn't know that you were a FOX viewer...... but they ARE controlled by Democrats now, so I'd believe it. :)

The FBI found Hillary's deleted emails on Weiner's laptop proving she lied and did pass classified information via email. James Comey testified to the matter which is why the Left hates him.

Weiners wife was one of Hillary's closest confidants and worked for her. She had the info in her job.

Back