FBI Ran Spy Operation Against Trump Campaign

Of course they were monitoring Russian attacks on our election. The fact that it leads to Trump is well....just the fact. He was the dumb crappy candidate. That's why Putin installed him as our leader. To fuck us over. That simply makes all you Trump voters just co-conspirators in treason. Fuck off and die. And do it painfully.

Hilarious.

Are you aware that Amazon provides the data hosting services for most US government agencies?

Yes. I'll keep trying to make it hard for them. I've never dealt in any way with Amazon and I've never signed up with FB or Twitter. Whatever they get on me will be from my Google email account, where I order my tea from and websites & forums I participate in. So, I guess they can find me and interrogate me for being conservative. What will be will be. :cool:

not this again.
nobody cites this except you.

And you wave it away every time, lol. The point is, unless the Guardian article is entirely fictitious, the FBI had solid reasons to start the Trump-Russia investigation. But that doesn't fit your narrative.

The NYTimes article of yesterday showed informant(s) phone on the Trump campaign -along with "secret letters"
whatever that is. wiretaps are not out of the question as well

I read the NY Times article. There is no mention of wiretaps. This is what it says:
"The F.B.I. obtained phone records and other documents using national security letters — a secret type of subpoena."

I've never dealt in any way with Amazon and I've never signed up with FB or Twitter. Whatever they get on me will be from my Google email account, where I order my tea from and websites & forums I participate in.

That means they likely have a complete picture. Whatever you do online is tracked automatically. That includes your geolocation.

Leakers to the New York Times confirmed in a story published on Wednesday that the FBI had run a spy operation on the Trump campaign that involved government informants, secret subpoenas, and possible wiretaps.

The story comes ahead of the release of the pending Department of Justice inspector general report on the FBI’s actions during the 2016 election, and likely is an attempt by the leakers to paint the FBI’s efforts in the most flattering light possible.

But the story revealed that the FBI – which is supposed to be an apolitical agency – was spying on the Trump campaign through phone records and with “at least one” human asset.

“The F.B.I. obtained phone records and other documents using national security letters — a secret type of subpoena — officials said. And at least one government informant met several times with Mr. Page and Mr. Papadopoulos,” the Times reported, citing “current and former officials.”

The revelation of “at least one government informant” appears to confirm a Washington Post story last week in which leakers revealed that the FBI had a “top secret intelligence source” — a U.S. citizen who likely lived overseas — who had spied on members of the Trump campaign for the FBI.

The Post‘s report came out as House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) was fighting the Justice Department for access to information on the source.

According to the Wall Street Journal‘s Kimberley Strassel, the source meant “the FBI secretly had a person on the payroll who used his or her non-FBI credentials to interact in some capacity with the Trump campaign.”

“This would amount to spying, and it is hugely disconcerting,” she wrote in a piece last Thursday.

The Times‘ story also seems to conflict with what the FBI has previously maintained — that the investigation into the Trump campaign began with information that Papadopoulos had told an Australian diplomat he knew that Russians had stolen emails that would be embarrassing for Clinton.

Leakers told the Times that “within hours” of opening the investigation into the Trump campaign on July 31, 2016, the FBI dispatched two agents to London to interview the Australian diplomat who had talked to Papadopoulos, meaning that the investigation had officially opened even before they interviewed him.

In fact, it was not until two days after the investigation began that the agents summarized their interview — which apparently “broke with diplomatic protocol” — and sent the summary back to Washington.

The Times‘ story glosses over this discrepancy by saying the agents’ report “helped provide the foundation” for the case – instead of sparked the case – as has been claimed.

Those facts appear to confirm that the FBI had opened the investigation on the Trump campaign based on other information — perhaps the “top secret intelligence source

Well isn't that special.

Seems the people pretending to be searching for justice are the perps.

So now if we could just move on, OR if they choose to we could investigate the real crime of using government resources to spy on American citizens.

Well isn't that special.

So now if we could just move on, OR if they choose to we could investigate the real crime of using government resources to spy on American citizens.

Hi, Ms Getin.

You voted for a grotesque, lying blowhard this time who happens to be white. Never mind, he's sure to make America great again. :rolleyes:

Well isn't that special.

And, Obama was fine with all of it. What a tangled web they weaved.

Well isn't that special.

Which is a much bigger crime than perjury or even colluding with Russians.

Back