Feminists like Darla Get Their Way: Kennedy Annointed Choice, Like it or not

I have no doubts that Fox News had someone from the camp tell them that Palin didnn't know Aftica was a continent or thought it was a country or whatever. My question is was it true and what was the situation that surrounded the incident?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/Story?id=6196407&page=1
"However, Stapleton told ABC News the Fox News report on Africa and NAFTA was taken out of context. She explained that during a briefing session, someone asked Palin to explain the McCain-Palin stance on an issue, and as she was responding, "in the middle, she said 'country of Africa' and somebody instantly wrote it down and said, 'Oh, my God, she thinks it's a country.'""

I have read many things surrounding this one incident several times because I didn't think that even the bumbling McCain would select someone that ignorant of basic geography. From everything that I have found while researching this, this is the way it went down.

She said "the country of Africa" and someone said "OMG she thinks Africa is a country" and that has debunked the story that she thinks Africa is a country?

Ok, well, whatever leaning, but the point is that Cawacko's story is not about this being a hoax, which anyone who can read the story can see. I mean, how much idiocy do I have to put up with? It says it right there "this has no bearing on the truth of that story", and I'm crazy because of feminism? I can read!

She said "the country of Africa" and someone said "OMG she thinks Africa is a country" and that has debunked the story that she thinks Africa is a country?

Ok, well, whatever leaning, but the point is that Cawacko's story is not about this being a hoax, which anyone who can read the story can see. I mean, how much idiocy do I have to put up with? It says it right there "this has no bearing on the truth of that story", and I'm crazy because of feminism? I can read!

You are correct about cawacko's story (which I didn't read until after your posts) but I do not think you are crazy "because of feminism." Liberalism maybe....;)

I see.

Well, I meant, as in "Madame President"

You never know, could happen.

Nope... Kennedy's don't make it that far any more. They tend to get shot earlier and earlier in the process. JFK... few years in office, Bobby as he was running, Teddy got threats when he simply thought of running, JFK junior didn't even think about it and 'they' took him out. I'd be quite shocked if Caroline even makes it to her first day as Senator.

You see, this is the ONE time she believes a FOX reporter. Just coincidence that it has to do with supposed comments about Palin.

The pranksters behind Eisenstadt acknowledge that he was not, through them, the anonymous source of the Palin leak.

He just claimed falsely that he was the leaker--and they say they have no reason to cast doubt on the original story.

Both of those facts are regardless of FOX news.

Then:

For its part, Fox News Channel continues to stand behind its story.

No matter how you slice this, Cawacko believes, and it looked like you and Leaning also believed, that the above paragraph means that the story that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent, was a hoax.

Anyone who believes that this is what that paragraph means, cannot read. Period.

You are correct about cawacko's story (which I didn't read until after your posts) but I do not think you are crazy "because of feminism." Liberalism maybe....;)

I will even stipulate that I am crazy, that's fine. But I will tell you this, I can read a paragraph!

I could make a mint tutoring Cawacko. He's probably got ten friends just like him.

You can read as can I however you have shown to have reading comprehension on a level just below yours truly.

I will even stipulate that I am crazy, that's fine. But I will tell you this, I can read a paragraph!

I could make a mint tutoring Cawacko. He's probably got ten friends just like him.

My friends are smart. I'm not hanging out with a bunch of people like myself.

I have no doubts that Fox News had someone from the camp tell them that Palin didnn't know Aftica was a continent or thought it was a country or whatever. My question is was it true and what was the situation that surrounded the incident?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/Story?id=6196407&page=1
"However, Stapleton told ABC News the Fox News report on Africa and NAFTA was taken out of context. She explained that during a briefing session, someone asked Palin to explain the McCain-Palin stance on an issue, and as she was responding, "in the middle, she said 'country of Africa' and somebody instantly wrote it down and said, 'Oh, my God, she thinks it's a country.'""

I have read many things surrounding this one incident several times because I didn't think that even the bumbling McCain would select someone that ignorant of basic geography. From everything that I have found while researching this, this is the way it went down.

The point is the cite does not show the story to be a hoax. You said it did. Now you admit she called it the "country of Africa"!

I dont want a VP who calls Africa a country.

The pranksters behind Eisenstadt acknowledge that he was not, through them, the anonymous source of the Palin leak.

He just claimed falsely that he was the leaker--and they say they have no reason to cast doubt on the original story.

Both of those facts are regardless of FOX news.

Then:

For its part, Fox News Channel continues to stand behind its story.

No matter how you slice this, Cawacko believes, and it looked like you and Leaning also believed, that the above paragraph means that the story that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent, was a hoax.

Anyone who believes that this is what that paragraph means, cannot read. Period.

I didn't read his article. I skimmed it for the part that I knew was a hoax and posted it.

That said, still funny that THIS just happens to be the one time you trust FOX as the source of the story.

I didn't read his article. I skimmed it for the part that I knew was a hoax and posted it.

That said, still funny that THIS just happens to be the one time you trust FOX as the source of the story.

When you are citing to something, you should read it to see if it says what you are claiming it says.

The point is the cite does not show the story to be a hoax. You said it did. Now you admit she called it the "country of Africa"!

I dont want a VP who calls Africa a country.

You goober, go read the story and see what surrounded the whole thing. And it isn't hard to find out about as I have already said. I may not want a president who says there are 57 states.......but I got him.

OK, now I have to clarify that last sentence. I disagree with Obama on many issues and agree with him on some. I am not in the least disappointed that he was elected though I didn't vote for him, because I don't think there is a hairs worth of difference between him and McCain on a lot things that are important to me. But because Obama had a slip of the tongue and said something about 57 states isn't going to make me think he is ignorant no more than what happened with Palin makes me think she is ignorant.

The article, as do several others, shows something that was taken out of context and blown out of proportion.

You goober, go read the story and see what surrounded the whole thing. And it isn't hard to find out about as I have already said. I may not want a president who says there are 57 states.......but I got him.

OK, now I have to clarify that last sentence. I disagree with Obama on many issues and agree with him on some. I am not in the least disappointed that he was elected though I didn't vote for him, because I don't think there is a hairs worth of difference between him and McCain on a lot things that are important to me. But because Obama had a slip of the tongue and said something about 57 states isn't going to make me think he is ignorant no more than what happened with Palin makes me think she is ignorant.

The article, as do several others, shows something that was taken out of context and blown out of proportion.

The difference is that while I belive Obama knows and has always known there are 50 states (I belive that was a slip of the toung)... I dont necessarly belive that Palin knew Africa is not a nation.

I don't know if I'll get back here between now and Christmas, I am so busy. So if not, Merry Holidays to all you guys, even you Cawacko, though you are still going to get the treatment if I ever finish my "why men are assholes or pigs, or both" book. Which is a lot funnier than it sounds. I am a well-known wit.

See you guys.

The difference is that while I belive Obama knows and has always known there are 50 states (I belive that was a slip of the toung)... I dont necessarly belive that Palin knew Africa is not a nation.

That is how I see it. Maybe it has something to do with some of her other beauts.

Sooooo pretty much the difference is what you BELIEVE and not anything based on what is known? Right.... ok!

I don't know if I'll get back here between now and Christmas, I am so busy. So if not, Merry Holidays to all you guys, even you Cawacko, though you are still going to get the treatment if I ever finish my "why men are assholes or pigs, or both" book. Which is a lot funnier than it sounds. I am a well-known wit.

See you guys.

Thanks and Happy Holidays back to you!

Back