Film Review: SICKO!

I'm hoping the dems won't overreach like Hillary care.
Find a way to reduce insurance and doctors cost not some majic wand to cover everybody for everything.:clink:

I'm hoping the dems won't overreach like Hillary care.
Find a way to reduce insurance and doctors cost not some majic wand to cover everybody for everything.:clink:

That wouldn't be a majic wand, nor even a magic wand. It's quite possible, and it's where the majority of Americans now are. You're probably afraid of the fear tactics that the opposition will put out there; they could work.

But no guts, no glory, so buck it up Top and stop whining.

For all those who bitch about the cost of healthcare....

The FIRST thing that should be done.... get your ass and the ass of everyone you know in shape. Quit eating like shit. Start exercising.... and NO... gameboys and xboxs are NOT exercise, even though you may be moving your thumbs really really fast. (Note: if you are already in shape, then odds are you are not part of the problem)

Next... LOOK at the costs of healthcare. What are the primary costs in each individual medical bill? Once you have broken it down, find the areas where you can make improvements. Shifting the cost of healthcare from the individual to the individual through taxation does NOTHING to fix the problem.

The FIRST thing that should be done.... get your ass and the ass of everyone you know in shape. Quit eating like shit. Start exercising.... and NO... gameboys and xboxs are NOT exercise, even though you may be moving your thumbs really really fast. (Note: if you are already in shape, then odds are you are not part of the problem)

Next... LOOK at the costs of healthcare. What are the primary costs in each individual medical bill? Once you have broken it down, find the areas where you can make improvements. Shifting the cost of healthcare from the individual to the individual through taxation does NOTHING to fix the problem.

Yeah, that'll work. Why didn't I think of that? Just get everyone in America into shape.

Good plan.

I said this, well at least the last part, earlier. It seems to be ignored.

First step. Control costs.
Second step. Work on universal...

Without the first step, the second step is just giving away money to big medicine corps.

Yeah, that'll work. Why didn't I think of that? Just get everyone in America into shape.

Good plan.
I see you totally ignore the part about first controlling the cost. I am amazed that so many democrats want to subsidize so many big business sources that have been hurting the "little guy" for so long.

Get the ass of everyone I know into shape? Are you kidding me? I have control over me, and no one else.

SF why dont you sit in a McDonald's parking lot and stop all of the fat people waddling in for supersized big macs with fries, and "get their asses into shape".

Let me know how it works out for you! I say you will be laid out within 8 minutes. I wouldn't get in between one of those people and their fries. But you are welcome to try.

On the bright side, if I happen to be in the same parking lot where you have been left bleeding on the ground by an enraged fatty, I will not take any pictures of you, and I'll help patch you up. (well, maybe one picture)

I see you totally ignore the part about first controlling the cost. I am amazed that so many democrats want to subsidize so many big business sources that have been hurting the "little guy" for so long.

If our corporations no longer have to pay for health insurance, putting them on par with all other Westernized nations, does that help this country or hurt it?

Good plan.

What a typical lazy fucking ass you are. I said, get YOURSELF and the people YOU know in shape. Not wave some magic wand and suddenly everyone would be in shape. But your attitude is exactly the problem

Well, I agree with that aspect of it, but still not with the way it's presented. "Find the areas where you can make improvements?" What does that mean? Does Superfreak really think we can resolve this crisis through individual weight loss & action? That is utopian at best; it is completely unrealistic.

For the record, I don't think universal healthcare, the way it is currently being proposed, is the answer.

If our corporations no longer have to pay for health insurance, putting them on par with all other Westernized nations, does that help this country or hurt it?
It will hurt us in the long run if we do nothing about the cost to begin with. All you are doing is hiding the problem under a rug and pretending your mother in law won't notice you are a terrible housekeeper.

It might work for a little while, but sooner or later the pile of dirt gets large enough to notice.

What a typical lazy fucking ass you are. I said, get YOURSELF and the people YOU know in shape. Not wave some magic wand and suddenly everyone would be in shape. But your attitude is exactly the problem

You can't get the people you know into shape. That's an individual commitment, and it is a commitment. It's not magic and it doesn't happen over night. I don't see how you can get anyone to do it.

On what planet does this do ANYTHING about the problem?

Do you really think enough people will mobilize along this strategy in a nation of 300 million to make any kind of difference?

That's insane. You are SEVERELY mathematically challenged...

"Get the ass of everyone I know into shape? Are you kidding me? I have control over me, and no one else.

SF why dont you sit in a McDonald's parking lot and stop all of the fat people waddling in for supersized big macs with fries, and "get their asses into shape".

Let me know how it works out for you! I say you will be laid out within 8 minutes. I wouldn't get in between one of those people and their fries. But you are welcome to try."

Again... a lazy friggin response. Oh, lets just blame the government and corporations for the high healthcare costs and lack of affordable insurance and universal healthcare plan. Because trying to encourage others around me to eat healthy foods and exercise is WAY TOO HARD... boo hoo hoo.... its all the fault of big pharma and the insurance companies...

I love ya Darla, but your comments above are a load of shit. Yes, you cannot FORCE someone to get in shape. But the people around you can certainly be influenced by peers.

Yeah since those supersized fries are not illegal they are sanctioned by the government, and all should eat them.

"Get the ass of everyone I know into shape? Are you kidding me? I have control over me, and no one else.

Let me know how it works out for you! I say you will be laid out within 8 minutes. I wouldn't get in between one of those people and their fries. But you are welcome to try."

Again... a lazy friggin response. Oh, lets just blame the government and corporations for the high healthcare costs and lack of affordable insurance and universal healthcare plan. Because trying to encourage others around me to eat healthy foods and exercise is WAY TOO HARD... boo hoo hoo.... its all the fault of big pharma and the insurance companies...

I love ya Darla, but your comments above are a load of shit. Yes, you cannot FORCE someone to get in shape. But the people around you can certainly be influenced by peers.

Nah, not about that. You can ask your friends to go the gym with you, but taking care of yourself is a commitment, and that's not a load of shit. You're not going to change one person who doesn't want to change. You can't get someone to stop drinking either. Those are just facts of life.

And your health care plan seems to consist of "don't get sick". That's actually the bullshit here.

And yes, I blame the insurance companies in particular. For good reason.

Next... LOOK at the costs of healthcare? What are the primary costs in each individual medical bill? Once you have broken it down, find the areas where you can make improvements. Shifting the cost of healthcare from the individual to the individual through taxation does NOTHING to fix the problem.

get your ass and the ass of everyone you know in shape. Quit eating like shit. Start exercising....

Is that the republican plan for healthcare? "Get off your ass"? I like it. Let's use that as your healthcare platform in 2008, against the Dems platform for healthcare, and see which one sells better.

LOOK at the costs of healthcare. What are the primary costs in each individual medical bill?

Cost is one element. Access is another. Coverage is another. Private healthcare is profit motivated. It's in their interest to deny healthcare procedures and surgeries.

A lot of the costs of healthcare, is due to number of uninsured, and also the adminstrative costs associated with our hodge-podge, pathwork of private insurance. Adminstrative costs associated with private plans runs around 30%. In contrast, adminstrative costs with Medicare run around 1 or 2%

Is that the republican plan for healthcare? "Get off your ass"? I like it. Let's use that as your healthcare platform in 2008, against the Dems platform for healthcare, and see which one sells better.

LOL. I don't know why I bother arguing. I should have just said that. That's great. Ok, sure, roll with it. Let's see what happens.

"On what planet does this do ANYTHING about the problem?"

This one you friggin retard. WHY do you think the Japanese have a longer life expectancy? Do you think it is simply genetics? Or is it that they have daily exercise as a part of a normal work day? That they eat better perhaps?

"Do you really think enough people will mobilize along this strategy in a nation of 300 million to make any kind of difference?"

No, I do not. Because far too many of them have the same ignorant attitude that you do. Oh, it's toooooooo hard... boo hoo... if you are so completely pathetic that no one cares about a thing you say, then yes, you are not likely to influence anyone into working out or eating better. In that case, just make sure YOU are in shape. THAT you can control. If you are not, then you are part of the problem.

"That's insane. You are SEVERELY mathematically challenged..."

You are completely retarded to assume or insinuate that I suggested that all 300 million people in this country would do this overnight. I suggested that you start with yourself and those you know. It isn't hard to do.... you just want to pretend it is so that you can cry about the problem... because it is SOOOOOOOOO PC to ignore personal responsibilities and just pass the blame on to someone else.

LOL. I don't know why I bother arguing. I should have just said that. That's great. Ok, sure, roll with it. Let's see what happens.

I'm totally serious. I think "Get off your ass" is a great healthcare plan, one that will be taken seriously by americans. Republicans should make that their healthcare platform. ;)

Back