Football Picks

My girlfriend is a San Diego girl, so I just called her voice mail and left her a Ron Burgundy breaking news report. :D

Now I'm 0/3 for the weekend.

Just lost all confidence in Andy Dalton to lead the Bengals. He's just to inconsistent and unlike college folds under pressure. Three years in a row we've gone to the play offs with Dalton as our QB and 3 years in a row we've lost the game cause of his inconsistency. Grrr!

I don't know,,,,, he's pretty consistently bad in the playoffs.

Well... that KC game sucked. Two Pro Bowlers out with injuries. We survived JC going down initially as Davis and Smith stepped up in the first half. Unfortunately, the second we lost Flowers, the Colts went on a scoring rampage and our offense didn't respond. Hats off to the Colts... they could easily have hung their heads and given up when down 38-10.

My picks this week...

Seattle
Indy
Denver
San Fran

Denver has three teams between them and the Super Bowl. Of those they'll have to go through two. Those three teams are the only three teams that have beaten Denver this year. As much as I want Peyton Manning to come out on the AFC side of things, with Denver's lack-luster defense I'm afraid there might be problems. But I'll be singing "Go Broncos" the whole way anyway.

First week of the playoffs

This is to help me keep up with this final playoff week.

Christiefan915 =2-2
Damo =1-3
Liberty =2-2
Nigel=2-2
Rana =0-4
Superfreak=1-3
Threedee =0-4
ZappasGuitar =2-2

I actually think that without Gronk, the Patriots are extremely vulnerable. Neither team has a good running game, but the emergence of Brown has done much more for Indy than the return of Vereen has for NE (especially since he's not been at full health).

My weakest pick is obviously the Chargers...

I actually think that without Gronk, the Patriots are extremely vulnerable. Neither team has a good running game, but the emergence of Brown has done much more for Indy than the return of Vereen has for NE (especially since he's not been at full health).

My weakest pick is obviously the Chargers...

It actually isn't a weak pick when you compare the two teams. Bleacher report had a good article running the comparison. Broncos are slightly favored, but home field really helps, although Rivers had defeated them there! ;)

The problem with home field is that if we believe that Manning struggles in the cold, then we must assume he would have a bigger edge playing in sunny, San Diego. I think the Chargers have actually been pretty solid on the road this season, too.

Back