Free will and original sin

May want to re-read your Bible, youre getting it all wrong.

You mean the books written by desert nomads over the course of a few thousand years? Prove I'm wrong. Prove the Bible is 100% accurate....despite what science says.

IMO, God created the Universe and set it up to create intelligent beings. We have brains; the expectation by God is that we should use them.

You mean the books written by desert nomads over the course of a few thousand years? Prove I'm wrong. Prove the Bible is 100% accurate....despite what science says.

IMO, God created the Universe and set it up to create intelligent beings. We have brains; the expectation by God is that we should use them.

Hard to believe that God wants Catholic Priests, who rape children, to be our moral leaders.

Hard to believe that God wants Catholic Priests, who rape children, to be our moral leaders.

God doesn't, at least not an all powerful, all knowing, all loving God. I think the premise posted in the OP is most accurate:
...the goal of human life is union with the divine....
How can that happen if God keeps playing favorites or breaking the rules of the Natural Universe?

It's like creating a board game and holding all players to the rules but allowing one person to cheat. It doesn't make sense for an intelligent, loving power to do such a thing.

God doesn't, at least not an all powerful, all knowing, all loving God. I think the premise posted in the OP is most accurate: How can that happen if God keeps playing favorites or breaking the rules of the Natural Universe?

It's like creating a board game and holding all players to the rules but allowing one person to cheat. It doesn't make sense for an intelligent, loving power to do such a thing.

This is one of my favorite dodges of the fundamentals. If the universe is only 6,000 years old, then how are we seeing light from a star that is millions of light years away. Their answer? God did a one time speed up just for us. LOL. It's just absurd.

This is one of my favorite dodges of the fundamentals. If the universe is only 6,000 years old, then how are we seeing light from a star that is millions of light years away. Their answer? God did a one time speed up just for us. LOL. It's just absurd.

Agreed. It's absurd and completely contradicts the brains people are born with. The same people will claim that Jonah lived inside a whale, that all lifeforms on Earth were aboard Noah's Ark and that dinosaur fossils are the Devil's work.

some say Trump is a good president...stuff like that

Agreed. Similar people will claim Trump is destroying the United States, will declare martial law and set himself up as dictator, blah, blah, blah. They are partisans who react on emotion, not logic.

Agreed. It's absurd and completely contradicts the brains people are born with. The same people will claim that Jonah lived inside a whale, that all lifeforms on Earth were aboard Noah's Ark and that dinosaur fossils are the Devil's work.
We had a poster here who believed animals swam to Noah from Australia, dinosaurs were on the ark and animals were in suspended animation so Noah didn’t have to feed them.

Back