Free will and original sin

You mean the books written by desert nomads over the course of a few thousand years? Prove I'm wrong. Prove the Bible is 100% accurate....despite what science says.

IMO, God created the Universe and set it up to create intelligent beings. We have brains; the expectation by God is that we should use them.

If you read it with comprehension you will understand. If you google it you wont.

We had a poster here who believed animals swam to Noah from Australia, dinosaurs were on the ark and animals were in suspended animation so Noah didn’t have to feed them.

I love that one. And the point was to wipe out civilization. Thanos had a much more elegant solution for that. It's amazing that the limits God seems to have are the limits that the humans who wrote the stories had. Why would God carve on stone tablets when he could have just used a Macbook Pro?

If you're going to taunt like a grade schooler I won't bother with you.

Its funny how lefties accuse you of exactly what they do.

Ill make it simple for you: if youre not as spiritual person you never understand these things. You cannot accept that there might be something greater than yourself then you will never be open to understanding.
One day you will get it.

:~( How did you work past that?

I was raised Lutheran. Mom tried to soften the original sin blow by blaming it all on Adam and Eve but in the end it all boiled down to: You are a bad person and God is watching you and knows when you fuck up, so you better pray for forgiveness every single day. Bah.
Years later I had a bumper sticker that said "Born right the first time." :laugh:

The Protestant tradition has some principles that are utterly untenable to me.

First and foremost, Luther claims one is saved by grace alone, not good works.

In theory, Luther thought it was okay to curse, be rude, crude, and belligerent. Because nothing one does makes any difference in salvation. It is strictly up to grace. Calvin was even scarier. Predestination means that before the beginning of time God selected some to be saved and the rest to be damned. It was all decided before you were born and there is nothing you can do to improve your chances of salvation.

Again, this scary stuff is particular to Protestants. Not to all Christians, and certainly not Eastern Christians. The Protestant traditions scares the bejesus out of me!

Ill make it simple for you: if youre not as spiritual person you never understand these things. You cannot accept that there might be something greater than yourself then you will never be open to understanding.
One day you will get it.

I get it. You're an a-hole.

The Protestant tradition has some principles that are utterly untenable to me.

First and foremost, Luther claims one is saved by grace alone, not good works.

In theory, Luther thought it was okay to curse, be rude, crude, and belligerent. Because nothing one does makes any difference in salvation. It is strictly up to grace. Calvin was even scarier. Predestination means that before the beginning of time God selected some to be saved and the rest to be damned. It was all decided before you were born and there is nothing you can do to improve your chances of salvation.

Again, this scary stuff is particular to Protestants. Not to all Christians, and certainly not Eastern Christians. The Protestant traditions scares the bejesus out of me!

All Christianity is based on a Jewish teacher. No idea why that has to be binding.

Most people have accepted 'The Theory of Evolution' and don't spend a lot of time wasting it on your concept of 'Original Sin'.
You'd have to be REAL STUPID to teach your children that they are Sinners.

Timely statement...with all them enlightened ascended master baitors rioting.

"I told you not to feed him meat" ---from Oliver Twist

What's love got to with it?

Remember next time a nearby woman looks sexy ---it means she wants ya'll to want to shag what you see

Buddhism says: No Nirvana until Samsara is stopped.
Samsara = the repetious cycle of birth & Death & birth & Death & birth & Death & birth & Death & birth & Death & birth & Death*** et al.

Nirvana = extinction of one's own soul [atma becomes annatma]

***due to duality as basis of material natures' ying-yang structure...it's called "duality" ---ya can't have one opposite without the constant presence of it's concomitant (other) opposite.

duality = the constant inseparable presence of opposites [ie protons and electrons]

IF YOU TAKE A BIRTH AGAIN YOU ARE CARRYING THE KARMA [works] FROM THE PROCEEDING LIFETIME.

IF YOU TAKE A BIRTH AGAIN IN FUTURE, YOU ARE NOT YET WITHOUT SIN [KARMA].

Damn atheists think they will achieve nirvana simply by their dying, out-doing years of a monk's journey.

Hard to believe that God wants Catholic Priests, who rape children, to be our moral leaders.

If there is a Biblical God, I'm pretty sure that he also doesn't care much for suicide bombers and those who egg them on, millionaire megachurch frauds, and TV preachers who claim they can heal people through the TV, aslongasyousendthemmoney.

If you read it with comprehension you will understand. If you google it you wont.

Hmm. As a young person I read the Bible cover to cover 2-3 times. Well, except the __ begat __ part. lol It is filled with human wisdom, experience, poetry. But in the end, it is still a book written by humans and heavily edited by others.

One day you will get it.

Please don't equate "spiritual" with "religious." They are distinctly different.

If there is a Biblical God, I'm pretty sure that he also doesn't care much for suicide bombers and those who egg them on, millionaire megachurch frauds, and TV preachers who claim they can heal people through the TV, aslongasyousendthemmoney.

WOW. Are all the demonic acts out there are due to organised religious adherents?
I never saw those old Dragnet episodes.
Happydays and Mayberry RFD really neglected these senarios.

So America has the most imprisoned numbers?

Back