freedom, without pot??

The marijuana laws are ridiculous. Legalize pot, tax it like we do booze & cigarettes and cure the deficit.

the tax $$ that people think they would get from herb is a wet dream.

infact i belive if it did anything it would make the price of food go up.

I don't smoke, dumbass, but have you ever heard of 'home brewing'?

on top of that, why is it the governments issue if I grow my own food, distill my own booze, or cultivate a simple plant ON MY LAND?????

Why should I give a fuck if you smoke?

My point is that people are just as capable of brewing their own beer and growing their own tobacco as they would be growing their own pot. Yet the alcoholic beverages and cigarette industries still flourish and they still pay taxes.

Not everyone, and not even a significant minority, would grow their own pot at home even if it were legalized. There for, your argument that it would produce no tax revenue is stupid.

Why should I give a fuck if you smoke?

My point is that people are just as capable of brewing their own beer and growing their own tobacco as they would be growing their own pot. Yet the alcoholic beverages and cigarette industries still flourish and they still pay taxes.

Not everyone, and not even a significant minority, would grow their own pot at home even if it were legalized. There for, your argument that it would produce no tax revenue is stupid.

so let me see if i get your point.

it's not so much of having a tax on every single plant grown, as much as it is only taxing it in commerce, do i have what you're saying correct?

so let me see if i get your point.

it's not so much of having a tax on every single plant grown, as much as it is only taxing it in commerce, do i have what you're saying correct?

That's my pipe dream, anyway. Taxing every plant would unenforceable and impractical. It would be like trying to tax you for every tulip you grow.

I figure that it would be something like cigarettes and booze now; namely that some people grow their own tobacco and brew their own beer, but most will pay a company to do it for them and end up paying taxes in the process.

That's my pipe dream, anyway. Taxing every plant would unenforceable and impractical. It would be like trying to tax you for every tulip you grow.

I figure that it would be something like cigarettes and booze now; namely that some people grow their own tobacco and brew their own beer, but most will pay a company to do it for them and end up paying taxes in the process.

ok, now i'm down with that and like the idea. See? you didn't have to call me names without knowing where i was headed, did you?

another question on the issue though,

how do you plan on limiting the power of the commerce clause to prevent abuses for taxing things, like what is happening today?

ok, now i'm down with that and like the idea. See? you didn't have to call me names without knowing where i was headed, did you?

another question on the issue though,

how do you plan on limiting the power of the commerce clause to prevent abuses for taxing things, like what is happening today?

Yeah insulting you was pretty unneccessary. Sorry.

You'd have to explain your question about the Commerce Clause a little further though before I could answer.

I don't smoke, dumbass, but have you ever heard of 'home brewing'?

on top of that, why is it the governments issue if I grow my own food, distill my own booze, or cultivate a simple plant ON MY LAND?????
It isn't. If you brew your own brew they don't tax you unless you get past a certain amount of sales. You don't even have to be licensed.

If you grow your own tobacco, the same.

If you grow your own weed, likely to be fined (taxed) and jailed (loss of freedom)...

Make it legal to own, legal to grow, allow people to bring it into a local STATE office which will weigh it and tax it accordingly with an expiration date on the tax stamp so that people do not keep putting new pot into old bags. Make the tax reasonable. The line will be longer at the Department of Marijuana Taxation than it is at the DMV. Then states can fund lots of good shit on the revenues. It is easy and painless and would work. But do NOT let big business get involved because I believe they will make it physiologically addictive to keep return business up.

Make it legal to own, legal to grow, allow people to bring it into a local STATE office which will weigh it and tax it accordingly with an expiration date on the tax stamp so that people do not keep putting new pot into old bags. Make the tax reasonable. The line will be longer at the Department of Marijuana Taxation than it is at the DMV. Then states can fund lots of good shit on the revenues. It is easy and painless and would work. But do NOT let big business get involved because I believe they will make it physiologically addictive to keep return business up.

The illuminati and their criminal network would rather keep the price high by keeping it illegal and then taking their cut from the gangs and mafia they control at the top.

You'd have to explain your question about the Commerce Clause a little further though before I could answer.

first, the commerce clauses:
Art 1, Sec 8, Clause 3
"The Congress shall have Power To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;"

Art 1, Sec 9, Clause
"No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another; nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another."

Now, one should surmise that unless product is transferred via commercial activities, no taxes should apply or can be levied, correct?

Now, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalez_v._Raich

Other cases involving the commerce clause are
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Rybar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Stewart_(2003)

now,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Lopez
where it appears that the rehnquist court tried to impose SOME limitations on the congress, but there are obvious inferences in all of these cases where the federal government, with the aid of 9 black robed tyrants, are using the commerce clause for social engineering to a certain ideology, instead of letting free people be free.

so again, my question is, what do we do to limit the power of congress and the courts?

Now, beer takes effort to brew and licquor to distill. Tabacco can be grown but has to be rolled, which is a bitch.

Is there anything about growing pot that places it on the same level of time-killer as the above? I'm told its a cinch to grow...

Now, beer takes effort to brew and licquor to distill. Tabacco can be grown but has to be rolled, which is a bitch.

Is there anything about growing pot that places it on the same level of time-killer as the above? I'm told its a cinch to grow...

To get any real grow volume you have to manipulate the light duration it's growing in. With timers and shit. And you can also get real fancy with soil nutrients. This is just what I heard from Damocles.

Okay, but I'm assuming most people would simply grow for their own consumption...

From what i've heard strictly from other parties, :rolleyes: to get it to bud (the real smokable party) you have to trick the plant into thinking that fall is approaching. So you have to reduce the daylight hours artificially. You could wait till it does it that one time each year or you could use technology and progress.:cool:

Back