Fuck-you-guns

Herein lies your problem. None of my views on the 2nd amendment are extreme. I am far to the right of the far left who want to confiscate all firearms.

But there is ZERO moderation in your stance. NONE. You are the farthest extreme on this issue...the absolutist, zealot and slippery slope conspiracy theorist.
if abiding by the words of the constitution makes me an extremist, i'll happily sit in the clubhouse with jefferson, franklin, madison, and mason. thanks for the compliment.

Come out from under your rock, dear. Open your eyes. Read a book. The difference between you and me is that you dont believe in most gods, I dont believe in any.
There are, in the world, far more people who share my views on religion than share yours.
You are very unfortunate having America as a home and, as such, all the loony gun totin', god totin', child killing history has been poured, over many years, into your once innocent brain.
Wake up to reality and join the rest of humanity. Dont fight them.

Uhm.... you need to back that statement up with some facts. 5% of the world are Nihilists, 95% believe in something greater than self.

Let's also be clear about this: The shooter in CT did not believe in God or the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Uhm.... you need to back that statement up with some facts. 5% of the world are Nihilists, 95% believe in something greater than self.

Let's also be clear about this: The shooter in CT did not believe in God or the teachings of Jesus Christ.

I need to back nothing up. If you won't accept what I say I don't give a shit.

nut nuts are fun to watch

The right wing's actions are to manage women's lives, leave business alone to rob and pillage, deny equal rights to gays, and yet in the name of an amendment that is in many ways irrelevant in a modern society, give every nut and loony the freedom to commit mass murder. Rights for the right are hypocrisy at its finest. Gun nuts you can still hug your gun at night under your bed in fear the boogeyman is knocking at the door.

"Late in 1997, Eric took notice of school shooters. "Every day news broadcasts stories of students shooting students, or going on killing sprees," he wrote. He researched the possibilities for an English paper. Guns were cheap and readily available. Gun Digest said you could get a Saturday night special for $69. And schools were easy targets. "It is just as easy to bring a loaded handgun to school as it is to bring a calculator," Eric wrote... "Ouch!" his teacher responded in the margin. Overall, he rated it "thorough & logical. Nice job." 'Columbine' p199 Dave Cullen - insightful read

"Reynolds: Would any of the various proposals have actually prevented the tragedy that is the supposed reason for them?

Leiter: Yes, a total ban on private ownership of semi-automatic weapons, such as the Bushmaster rifle used by the Newtown killer, would have made a difference. We can not control very well who gets ahold of guns once they are in private hands, but we can do better at controlling the kinds of guns that are even in circulation. Australia has kindly run a natural experiment for us: after a series of mass shootings, culminating in the Port Arthur incident in which 35 were murdered in 1996, the conservative Prime Minister John Howard (who, some will recall, supported President Bush in the Iraq war) spearheaded uniform gun control throughout Australia; "the new gun laws banned rapid-fire long guns, specifically to reduce their availability for mass shootings. Under the 1996–7 Australian Firearms Buyback, 643,726 newly prohibited semi-automatic and pump-action rifles and shotguns were purchased by the federal government from their civilian owners at market value....Tens of thousands of gun owners also voluntarily surrendered additional, non-prohibited firearms without compensation."
http://leiterlawschool.typepad.com/...-wants-to-have-a-conversation-about-guns.html

'Civilized societies regulate guns' Jerry Zodin, Las Vegas

"No other civilized country in the world comes close to the number of violent gun deaths that occur in this country in a year. Of course, no laws can guarantee there will never be anymore gun violence, but maybe they at least cut down on this senseless slaughter." http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/dec/23/civilized-societies-regulate-guns/

How does one measure civilized? Could America claim given the gun deaths a successful civilized happy people? To juxtapose the question with the happiest people on earth check these two articles out.

"According to Statistics Iceland there were 69 deaths by firearms in the years 1996 to 2010. Five homicides, the rest were suicides. That means on average there are about 4.6 suicides per year in Iceland by firearms (one with a handgun) and 0.3 homicides per year. It so happens that Americans are almost exactly 1.000 times as many as Icelanders. Hence if we multiply Icelandic numbers by 1.000 we get the equivalent of 4.500 suicides and 300 homicides. This means the suicide rate in the US by guns is about four times that in Iceland and the homicide rate about 39 times." link below

"Iceland, the block of sub-Arctic lava to which these statistics apply, tops the latest table of the United Nations Development Programme's (UNDP) Human Development Index rankings, meaning that as a society and as an economy - in terms of wealth, health and education - they are champions of the world. To which one might respond: Yes, but - what with the dark winters and the far from tropical summers - are Icelanders happy? Actually, in so far as one can reliably measure such things, they are. According to a seemingly serious academic study reported in the Guardian in 2006, Icelanders are the happiest people on earth. (The study was lent some credibility by the finding that the Russians were the most unhappy.)" http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/18/iceland

""The only thing that I never understood [about many Americans] was religious intolerance and the insistence on owning guns. Even relatively pleasant people talked in phrases: “If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns” (To which I would reply, if only mentally: Then you will only be shot on the remote chance you meet an outlaw, not by your relatives or friends). Steven T Abell of Fremont, California rebuts: “[Y]our relatives and friends do not make a career of assaulting you, while criminals do.”

Steve, obviously you don’t know my relatives. :)

In general you are right, thank God. However, experience shows that often people are worst to those that they love the most. Not because they are hurting them all the time, but because they spend a lot of time with them and in a moment of anger or thoughtlessness people say or do things that hurt their loved ones. And having a gun makes it much easier to kill yourself in a moment of anguish. Let’s look at the statistics:

In 2004 a year that I readily found info on, there were 29,569 gun deaths in the U.S:

16,750 suicides (56% of all U.S gun deaths),
11,624 homicides (40% of all U.S gun deaths),
649 unintentional shootings, 311 from legal intervention and 235 from undetermined intent (4% of all U.S gun deaths combined)."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/18/iceland

The right wing's actions are to manage women's lives, leave business alone to rob and pillage, deny equal rights to gays, and yet in the name of an amendment that is in many ways irrelevant in a modern society, give every nut and loony the freedom to commit mass murder. Rights for the right are hypocrisy at its finest. Gun nuts you can still hug your gun at night under your bed in fear the boogeyman is knocking at the door.

"Late in 1997, Eric took notice of school shooters. "Every day news broadcasts stories of students shooting students, or going on killing sprees," he wrote. He researched the possibilities for an English paper. Guns were cheap and readily available. Gun Digest said you could get a Saturday night special for $69. And schools were easy targets. "It is just as easy to bring a loaded handgun to school as it is to bring a calculator," Eric wrote... "Ouch!" his teacher responded in the margin. Overall, he rated it "thorough & logical. Nice job." 'Columbine' p199 Dave Cullen - insightful read

"Reynolds: Would any of the various proposals have actually prevented the tragedy that is the supposed reason for them?

Leiter: Yes, a total ban on private ownership of semi-automatic weapons, such as the Bushmaster rifle used by the Newtown killer, would have made a difference. We can not control very well who gets ahold of guns once they are in private hands, but we can do better at controlling the kinds of guns that are even in circulation. Australia has kindly run a natural experiment for us: after a series of mass shootings, culminating in the Port Arthur incident in which 35 were murdered in 1996, the conservative Prime Minister John Howard (who, some will recall, supported President Bush in the Iraq war) spearheaded uniform gun control throughout Australia; "the new gun laws banned rapid-fire long guns, specifically to reduce their availability for mass shootings. Under the 1996–7 Australian Firearms Buyback, 643,726 newly prohibited semi-automatic and pump-action rifles and shotguns were purchased by the federal government from their civilian owners at market value....Tens of thousands of gun owners also voluntarily surrendered additional, non-prohibited firearms without compensation."
http://leiterlawschool.typepad.com/...-wants-to-have-a-conversation-about-guns.html

'Civilized societies regulate guns' Jerry Zodin, Las Vegas

"No other civilized country in the world comes close to the number of violent gun deaths that occur in this country in a year. Of course, no laws can guarantee there will never be anymore gun violence, but maybe they at least cut down on this senseless slaughter." http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/dec/23/civilized-societies-regulate-guns/

How does one measure civilized? Could America claim given the gun deaths a successful civilized happy people? To juxtapose the question with the happiest people on earth check these two articles out.

"According to Statistics Iceland there were 69 deaths by firearms in the years 1996 to 2010. Five homicides, the rest were suicides. That means on average there are about 4.6 suicides per year in Iceland by firearms (one with a handgun) and 0.3 homicides per year. It so happens that Americans are almost exactly 1.000 times as many as Icelanders. Hence if we multiply Icelandic numbers by 1.000 we get the equivalent of 4.500 suicides and 300 homicides. This means the suicide rate in the US by guns is about four times that in Iceland and the homicide rate about 39 times." link below

"Iceland, the block of sub-Arctic lava to which these statistics apply, tops the latest table of the United Nations Development Programme's (UNDP) Human Development Index rankings, meaning that as a society and as an economy - in terms of wealth, health and education - they are champions of the world. To which one might respond: Yes, but - what with the dark winters and the far from tropical summers - are Icelanders happy? Actually, in so far as one can reliably measure such things, they are. According to a seemingly serious academic study reported in the Guardian in 2006, Icelanders are the happiest people on earth. (The study was lent some credibility by the finding that the Russians were the most unhappy.)" http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/18/iceland

""The only thing that I never understood [about many Americans] was religious intolerance and the insistence on owning guns. Even relatively pleasant people talked in phrases: “If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns” (To which I would reply, if only mentally: Then you will only be shot on the remote chance you meet an outlaw, not by your relatives or friends). Steven T Abell of Fremont, California rebuts: “[Y]our relatives and friends do not make a career of assaulting you, while criminals do.”

Steve, obviously you don’t know my relatives. :)

In general you are right, thank God. However, experience shows that often people are worst to those that they love the most. Not because they are hurting them all the time, but because they spend a lot of time with them and in a moment of anger or thoughtlessness people say or do things that hurt their loved ones. And having a gun makes it much easier to kill yourself in a moment of anguish. Let’s look at the statistics:

In 2004 a year that I readily found info on, there were 29,569 gun deaths in the U.S:

16,750 suicides (56% of all U.S gun deaths),
11,624 homicides (40% of all U.S gun deaths),
649 unintentional shootings, 311 from legal intervention and 235 from undetermined intent (4% of all U.S gun deaths combined)."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/18/iceland

2nd Amendment protects the rest of them. Nothing is changing. Feinstein can wipe her ass with her bill. It is going nowhere.

Thank god for the fiscal cliff it will ironically save our 2nd amendment rights

nra-janet-change_n.jpg

guns-vs-vagina_n.jpg

Woman-defending-genitals.jpg

from p.280 'Columbine' by Dave Cullen [bold added]

"Eric manufactured three more pipe bombs: the Charlie batch. Then he halted production until December. What he needed was guns. And that was becoming a problem.

Eric had been looking into the Brady Bill. Congress had passed the law restricting the purchase of most popular semiautomatic machine guns in 1993. A federal system of instant background checks would soon go into effect. Eric was going to have a hard time getting around that.

"Fuck you Brady!" Eric wrote in his journal. All he wanted was a couple of guns - "and thanks to your fucking bill I will probably not get any!" He wanted them only for personal protection, he joked: "Its not like I'm some psycho who would go on a shooting spree. fuckers."

Eric frequently made his research do double duty for both schoolwork and his master plan. He wrote up a short research assignment on the Brady Bill that week. It was a good idea in theory, he said, aside from the loopholes. The biggest problem was that checks applied only to licensed dealers, not private dealers. So two-thirds of the licensed dealers had just gone private. "The FBI just shot themselves in the foot," he concluded."

Eric was rational about his firepower. "As of this date I have enough explosives to kill about 100 people," he wrote. With axes, bayonets, and assorted blades, he could maybe take out ten more. That was as far as hand to-hand combat would get him. A hundred and ten people. "that just isn't enough!"

"Guns!" the entry concluded. "I need guns! Give me some fucking firearms! "

The biggest problem was that checks applied only to licensed dealers, not private dealers. So two-thirds of the licensed dealers had just gone private. "The FBI just shot themselves in the foot," he concluded."
what kind of anti gun propagandist wrote this shit?????? this is SO totally taken out of context, it borders on science fiction.

from p.280 'Columbine' by Dave Cullen [bold added]

Eric had been looking into the Brady Bill. Congress had passed the law restricting the purchase of most popular semiautomatic machine guns in 1993.
A contradiction of terms to start with, proving that the author is not well researched on the topic. Further, purchase was not restricted. Cosmetic features were restricted.
A federal system of instant background checks would soon go into effect. Eric was going to have a hard time getting around that.
No one is against the NICS system. However that very same law made it a felony for non-dealers to try and call in a background check. Hmmmm.

The biggest problem was that checks applied only to licensed dealers, not private dealers. So two-thirds of the licensed dealers had just gone private. "The FBI just shot themselves in the foot," he concluded."
Again, the author really should research the topic he's writing about. Private sellers are not dealers. It's illegal to sell firearms for business without an FFL. The law also did away with what were known as 'tabletop FFLs'. These were people who got a license so they could purchase firearms for their own personal use at dealer prices. Those are the people who turned their licenses in.

Eric was rational about his firepower. "As of this date I have enough explosives to kill about 100 people," he wrote. With axes, bayonets, and assorted blades, he could maybe take out ten more. That was as far as hand to-hand combat would get him. A hundred and ten people. "that just isn't enough!"

"Guns!" the entry concluded. "I need guns! Give me some fucking firearms! "
Clearly he wasn't being rational, as the Oklahoma City bombing showed. Bombs have always, and will always, kill more people than guns. True in war, true in crime.

Back