I haven't changed a thing. Don't get pissy with me because you shot yourself in the foot.

Where in this definition does it say that gender is sex and sex is gender?
Sex is usually categorized as female or male but there is variation in the biological attributes that comprise sex and how those attributes are expressed. Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, expressions and identities of girls, women, boys, men, and gender diverse people.[FONT="]May 8, 2023[/FONT]

Perhaps you are confused as to the meaning of "synonymous" vs "same."
Maybe you're right... maybe I AM confused... Let's take a gander at your trusty dusty Merriam Webster "The Dictionary" to settle this once and for all, shall we?? :)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/synonymous

"having the character of a synonym
also : alike in meaning or significance"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/synonym

"one of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, according to your own "The Dictionary", it seems to be YOU who is confused........ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Oh, but I'm sure that I'm just "building a strawman" or something, right? :laugh:

Maybe you're right... maybe I AM confused... Let's take a gander at your trusty dusty Merriam Webster "The Dictionary" to settle this once and for all, shall we?? :)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/synonymous

"having the character of a synonym
also : alike in meaning or significance"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/synonym

"one of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, according to your own "The Dictionary", it seems to be YOU who is confused........ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Oh, but I'm sure that I'm just "building a strawman" or something, right? :laugh:

Is sex spelled the same as gender? (Is "same" used correctly in that question?)
This isn't an instance of a straw man on your part. Why would you think it was?

same

1a : resembling in every relevant respect
The question is whether spelling is relevant when it comes to comparing words.

You don’t have to “believe” shit, asshole. Your obsession with trans people is obvious with your endless posts about them.

What do they want? The same thing gays wanted when you fucktards fought gay marriage. The same treatment that most of us take for granted.

I don't fight gay marriage. Marriage should be a happy and gay affair. It is about a man and a women enjoying life together and procreating if possible. Two of the same sex is not a marriage.

Limiting words to your definition and not using the same definition as others are using is a logical fallacy. Gender is not the same as sex when discussing gender identity.

You don't get to speak for everyone. Omniscience fallacy.
You don't get to redefine words. Redefinition fallacy.
You don't get to blame others for YOUR problems. Inversion fallacy (projection).
For the purposes of identifying male and female, gender and sex mean the same thing. They are synonyms.

There are no other genders. There is no 'gender identity'.

I know what a synonym is.
Apparently not. You have already shown that you do not.
I also know that while words may have similar meanings they often have different connotations or implications and using them as synonyms will often leave someone confused or unclear as to meaning.
They have the same connotation and the same meaning. Redefinition fallacies (meaning<->void, synonym<->void).
Other synonyms of huge are vast, colossal, humongous and immense but no reader would react the same to following phrases:
The huge sky
The vast sky
The colossal sky
the humongous sky
the immense sky.
The mean the exact same thing. These are all synonymous statements.

You do not get to speak for all readers. Omniscience fallacy.

Is sex spelled the same as gender? (Is "same" used correctly in that question?)
Is anyone discussing the spelling of words? NO. (but you're now trying to divert over to discussing this)
Is anyone discussing the definition of words (and how words can be synonymous)? YES.

The question is whether spelling is relevant when it comes to comparing words.
No. The question is how do "dictionary definitions" come to be... but you've refused to answer that question... because it completely blows up your bullshit about this subject...

The problem is that the word gender had a meaning when discussing gender identity and it's meaning was known before the attempt to restrict it to a different meaning.
Redefinition fallacy (gender<->identity). Buzzword fallacy.
Most words have more than one meaning.
Changing the meaning to always use a definition different than the one originally used in the discussion is the equivocation fallacy.
Fallacy fallacy. Semantics fallacy. Inversion fallacy.
When discussing gender identity, gender is not synonymous with sex.
Redefinition fallacy (gender<->identity). Gender is a synonym with sex for the purposes of referring to male and female. Buzzword fallacy. There is no such thing as 'gender identity' (except in the Church of Perversion).

You don't get to speak for everyone. Omniscience fallacy.
You don't get to redefine words. Redefinition fallacy.
You don't get to blame others for YOUR problems. Inversion fallacy (projection).
For the purposes of identifying male and female, gender and sex mean the same thing. They are synonyms.

There are no other genders. There is no 'gender identity'.

Fallacy fallacy

The fallacy fallacy occurs when Into the Night accuses others of using a fallacy but never explains how or why the fallacy exists. Into the Night does this to avoid the topic and to try to make himself seem smarter than he actually is. This entire thread is a great example of how often Into the Night resorts to this tactic as it is easy for anyone to see how often he resorts to his use of the fallacy fallacy.

Apparently not. You have already shown that you do not.

They have the same connotation and the same meaning. Redefinition fallacies (meaning<->void, synonym<->void).

The mean the exact same thing. These are all synonymous statements.

You do not get to speak for all readers. Omniscience fallacy.

The gigantic asteroid is located in the vast space.

Is the asteroid the same size as space? Does it fill the entirety of space? If the words are exactly the same then shouldn't they also indicate that both items are the same size?

Where in this definition does it say that gender is sex and sex is gender?

You're assuming that's the definitive definition. In other words limiting words to your definition which you said is a logical fallacy. You people have made a living off changing the definition of words to suit your ideology.

The gigantic asteroid is located in the vast space.

Is the asteroid the same size as space? Does it fill the entirety of space? If the words are exactly the same then shouldn't they also indicate that both items are the same size?

What words? I remember huge and gigantic not gigantic and vast.

Is anyone discussing the spelling of words? NO. (but you're now trying to divert over to discussing this)
Is anyone discussing the definition of words (and how words can be synonymous)? YES.
Is it my fault you can't clearly state your position?

No. The question is how do "dictionary definitions" come to be... but you've refused to answer that question... because it completely blows up your bullshit about this subject...

Because something gives a definition doesn't mean they defined the word. Luckily I have managed to avoid the bullshit you keep blowing by ducking when you spew it.

You're assuming that's the definitive definition. In other words limiting words to your definition which you said is a logical fallacy. You people have made a living off changing the definition of words to suit your ideology.

It's the definition that was given in the OP.
All you are doing is arguing that you don't like the definition if you don't accept it.

Are you agreeing that all synonyms can't be used interchangeably?
I used multiple words that are synonyms with gigantic in my post. Are they all interchangeable or not?

No. I'm saying you're trying to game this by changing words.

My problem is you're use of the word gender. I'm far less interested in synonyms.

Back