Genesis of Genesis: Where Did the Biblical Story of Creation Come From?

your arguments are a myth.....

At the time of the Exodus both Canaan and Sinai were controlled by Egypt.. There were Egyptians garrisons deployed in Sinai and they paid tribute to Pharoah.

Sinai is only 135 miles across at its widest point. People walked back and forth all the time.. Any time there was drought or famine, they headed for the Nile Delta.

2 million Israelites and their herds could not have survived in Sinai for 40 years. Even now it can only support a population of about 800,000.

At the time of the Exodus both Canaan and Sinai were controlled by Egypt.. There were Egyptians garrisons deployed in Sinai and they paid tribute to Pharoah.

Sinai is only 135 miles across at its widest point. People walked back and forth all the time.. Any time there was drought or famine, they headed for the Nile Delta.

2 million Israelites and their herds could not have survived in Sinai for 40 years. Even now it can only support a population of about 800,000.

your denials of God are not proof.....sorry......

your denials of God are not proof.....sorry......

I am not denying God.. I am explaining to you that the Bible is didactic literature.. Its NOT history.. One thing the Bible often gets completely wrong is location.. and its full of anachronisms.

The stories have a deeper meaning unless you are a child.

I am not denying God.. I am explaining to you that the Bible is didactic literature.. Its NOT history.. One thing the Bible often gets completely wrong is location.. and its full of anachronisms.

/shrugs.....if either the Bible is wrong or you are wrong.....guess.....

The stories have a deeper meaning unless you are a child
sorry......you can't just make up your own meanings and expect any one except Owl to believe you........

/shrugs.....if either the Bible is wrong or you are wrong.....guess.....

sorry......you can't just make up your own meanings and expect any one except Owl to believe you........

The Bible isn't wrong.. Its a teaching narrative.. Allegories and metaphors and ancient myths..

if the Bible says he did, they were......

Nope.. there were no Hittites at that time.. just like there was no Ur of the Chaldeas.. The Bible stories have been redacted, amended, added to by numerous writers over hundreds of years. Did you really go to a Bible college?

Nope.. there were no Hittites at that time.. just like there was no Ur of the Chaldeas.. The Bible stories have been redacted, amended, added to by numerous writers over hundreds of years. Did you really go to a Bible college?

no....I went to university....
the encyclopedia Brittanica (which I assume you will not reject as a vile Bible college source), puts Abraham in the era of 2000 BC to 1500 BC...
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Abraham

Wiki puts the Hittites in the era of 1600 BC to 1200 BC....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hittites

so your position is that overlap is not possible?......

So many animals and just one boat!

Hey, how did those koalas and kangaroos get all the way from Turkey to Australia?

And why did all of them go to Australia, with none setting up anywhere in between? Such a journey would have taken years, years in which they almost certainly would have had little koalas and kangaroos. And how did they even reach Australia, the island continent.

And why did all of them go to Australia, with none setting up anywhere in between? Such a journey would have taken years, years in which they almost certainly would have had little koalas and kangaroos. And how did they even reach Australia, the island continent.

Bingo. And no evidence of little koalas, kangaroos, wombats, or any other of the species found only in Australia. The mating pairs had to travel, unharmed, to Australia in their lifetime BEFORE they had offspring.

Curious, huh?

Never had a Thumper explain that one.

Back