Genesis of Genesis: Where Did the Biblical Story of Creation Come From?

He isn’t self aware, and has little understanding of definitions, it’s why a discussion with him is futile for me, at least. He got his degree at a third rate school, most likely and hasn’t cracked a book on Biblical arecheogy since the 70’s if ever.

I'd say that it must have been a third rate school.

For example, at the very beginning, there are two Creation stories (Genesis 1 and Genesis 2), and in the story of the Great Flood, we can find several contradictions:

animals enter the Ark in couples (6.19-20, 7.9, 7.15) and in sevenfolds (7.2-3)
the waters of the Flood are from below the earth (7.10) and by rain (7.4, 7.12)
Noah and his family twice enter the Ark (7.13 and 7.7)
the Flood lasts one year (7.11 with 8.13); the Flood lasts forty days (7.17)

http://www.livius.org/articles/misc/great-flood/

atheists and thumpers demand literal interpretations.......

You demand stupidity of yourself.
You believe all this fairy tale nonsense horse crap really happened and still have the audacity to be cynical of what anyone else believes.
You have a case of self induced retardation, PmP.

Ziusudra was a real king who went down the Euphrates in the flood of 2900BC on a barge loaded with goods and livestock. The regional flood and devastation to the local population living along the river was real and attested. The man was real.
This regional flood spawned all the flood legends in the Levant including the Israeli's mythical flood.
The story is about a thousand years older than the Bible story of the flood... When the Danish archaeologist worked in Dilmun (fairly recently) they found clay tablets that also tell the story of Zuisudra..
Further Zuisudra is identified in the anchient King's List from Sumer.

Fascinating!

Fascinating!

I see I misspelled ancient.

The book is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.. maybe on Kindle and it is fascinating. Also explains how their counting method was misunderstood. That's why our Bibles say Noah, Abraham etc lived hundreds of years.

I'd say that it must have been a third rate school.

For example, at the very beginning, there are two Creation stories (Genesis 1 and Genesis 2), and in the story of the Great Flood, we can find several contradictions:

animals enter the Ark in couples (6.19-20, 7.9, 7.15) and in sevenfolds (7.2-3)
the waters of the Flood are from below the earth (7.10) and by rain (7.4, 7.12)
Noah and his family twice enter the Ark (7.13 and 7.7)
the Flood lasts one year (7.11 with 8.13); the Flood lasts forty days (7.17)

http://www.livius.org/articles/misc/great-flood/

It is multi sourced mythology that has nothing to do with reality. It was designed to impress early ignorant goat farmers with tales of magical beings and earth shattering events to keep them frightened, malleable and under control.
Anyone looking to the BuyBull as a history text is either insane, retarded or both.
To see people arguing the minutia in the BuyBull as though it represented anything real is hilarious.
You might as well be debating the details in Grimm's fairy tales.

It is multi sourced mythology that has nothing to do with reality. It was designed to impress early ignorant goat farmers with tales of magical beings and earth shattering events to keep them frightened, malleable and under control.
Anyone looking to the BuyBull as a history text is either insane, retarded or both.
To see people arguing the minutia in the BuyBull as though it represented anything real is hilarious.
You might as well be debating the details in Grimm's fairy tales.

I think the message is "God delivers" whether in fact he does or not. Aesop's Fables are morality tales supposedly told by a Greek Slave.. They aren't history, but they are valuable.

I think the message is "God delivers" whether in fact he does or not. Aesop's Fables are morality tales supposedly told by a Greek Slave.. They aren't history, but they are valuable.

Just like the BuyBull, when viewed as history Grimm's fairy tales and Aesops fables are utterly worthless. When viewed as mythical morality lessons they have some value, if kept in perspective.

Just like the BuyBull, when viewed as history Grimm's fairy tales and Aesops fables are utterly worthless. When viewed as mythical morality lessons they have some value, if kept in perspective.

Exactly... I just think when we insist that young people go against their common sense and science, we drive them away from faith.

Exactly... I just think when we insist that young people go against their common sense and science, we drive them away from faith.

I can only hope. Faith in magic is poison to rational thought.
IMHO teaching children that 1st century mythology and magical events are historically accurate, is nothing short of child abuse.
A small percentage will grow up to be self retarded fools like PmP taking every word in the BuyBull as fact.
Hopefully most will put those lies away with Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, as they mature and gain some common sense about the real world.

I can only hope. Faith in magic is poison to rational thought.
IMHO teaching children that 1st century mythology and magical events are historically accurate, is nothing short of child abuse.
A small percentage will grow up to be self retarded fools like PmP taking every word in the BuyBull as fact.
Hopefully most will put those lies away with Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, as they mature and gain some common sense about the real world.

I think we do a disservice to the Bible writers. They could have written a history, but they were aiming for something more. That's the problem with the literalists.

I think we do a disservice to the Bible writers. They could have written a history, but they were aiming for something more. That's the problem with the literalists.

They wrote lies to impress and control ignorant masses.
There is nothing noble in that.

Here it is again.

Noah's Ark and the Ziusudra Epic: Sumerian Origins of ... - Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Noahs-Ark-Ziusudra-Epic-Sumerian/dp/0966784014

Noah's Ark and the Ziusudra Epic: Sumerian Origins of the Flood Myth [Robert M. Best] on ... Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it ..

lol....an offer to let me buy a book is not a link supporting your claims.....you've been quoting it.....you copied pictures.......give us the link....

Back