Get Rid Of Pointless Thread Banning

This is exactly that for which I have been breathlessly waiting...another opinion from Pollyanna.

That being said, I never thread ban because I can't read most of the posts anyway.
I have most of the subscribers on "ignore."
Pollyanna has me on ignore, so this isn't for the benefit of him/her/it.

I, curiously, don't have Pollyanna on ignore because his/her/its pontifications are almost impossible to believe.

Controlled Opposition
Note my apathy

This message is hidden because Controlled Opposition is on your ignore list.

sorry numbnuts......since I've had you on ignore for over a year and this is a limited area I can't answer your question unless someone quotes you........if I am lucky, no one will.......

I agree!
One of those Top tribute threads should be taken down !
Using Rule 3!
Damo broke rule 3 by returning a Top tribute thread when Jack had started a new one!
Since day one Top has broken rules and gets a free fucking pass!
We need a diaper change on aisle 9.

The thread banning idea has merit, but it doesn't work around here.

The reason is because if a poster bans others from their thread, then the other may simply create a complete copy-cat thread, stealing everything from the OP, including the title, and just change a character or two.

Then any discussion is diluted between two competing threads.

Rule 3 would prevent that, but it is not enforced.

Rule 3 is a bogus toothless rule. It's not even really a rule at all because it is not enforced. And seriously, what kind of rule begins with "please?" Rules are something that must be enforced or they are a joke. It's not a request. It is laying down the law or it is a joke. Then they become meaningless and set a bad example that the rest of the rules are meaningless.

Here is the waste of a rule, Rule 3:

"3. Please do not flood the board with multiple same-subject Threads. Multiple threads will be merged, when I have the energy... and deleted when I don't.
3B. Threads are to remain consistent with the forum they are posted in (E.G. Current events go in Current Events, and so on)."

Rule 3 has never been enforced in all the years I have been here. Never once have I seen anybody busted for copycat threads.

If Rule 3 is not going to be enforced, then the thread ban is useless.

Be honest. Get rid of rule 3 and get rid of the thread ban. Both are pointless because they are not enforced, and they just make the rest of the rules look like a joke.

3B seems to be a different issue. That one gets enforced sometimes, at the discretion of the mod. It has nothing to do with Rule 3.

While what you say has merit, I have to object. I just discovered the ability to ban certain posters off any thread I create....it's a pleasure. Aliases can be easily spotted and dealt with the "ignore list". A little effort, but worth it.

The thread banning idea has merit, but it doesn't work around here.

The reason is because if a poster bans others from their thread, then the other may simply create a complete copy-cat thread, stealing everything from the OP, including the title, and just change a character or two.

Then any discussion is diluted between two competing threads.

Rule 3 would prevent that, but it is not enforced.

Rule 3 is a bogus toothless rule. It's not even really a rule at all because it is not enforced. And seriously, what kind of rule begins with "please?" Rules are something that must be enforced or they are a joke. It's not a request. It is laying down the law or it is a joke. Then they become meaningless and set a bad example that the rest of the rules are meaningless.

Here is the waste of a rule, Rule 3:

"3. Please do not flood the board with multiple same-subject Threads. Multiple threads will be merged, when I have the energy... and deleted when I don't.
3B. Threads are to remain consistent with the forum they are posted in (E.G. Current events go in Current Events, and so on)."

Rule 3 has never been enforced in all the years I have been here. Never once have I seen anybody busted for copycat threads.

If Rule 3 is not going to be enforced, then the thread ban is useless.

Be honest. Get rid of rule 3 and get rid of the thread ban. Both are pointless because they are not enforced, and they just make the rest of the rules look like a joke.

3B seems to be a different issue. That one gets enforced sometimes, at the discretion of the mod. It has nothing to do with Rule 3.

but.. Quit yur cryin'. Sissy.

You're just mad because Covid panic phased out, crybaby. You loved it while it was here, and that doesn't make you a good person. Not at all.

Back