God

That's not true. Not all religions are mutually exclusive.

That's not true either. For example:

(1) "A god or gods exist".
(2) "There are no gods in existence".

Those two religious beliefs are mutually exclusive, and since [insert any thing here] either exists or it doesn't exist, one of those two religions is correct and the other religion is wrong. It is unknown which one is which.

It is my belief that (1) is correct and (2) is wrong. That belief of mine is, and can only be, based on faith alone.

All organized religion is incorrect

Not at all.

I don’t believe it really matters what faith you follow but your belief in God that will save you.

The world has many different cultures and histories so one single religion will never fit everyone and I think God knows this.

He may very well have appealed to different cultures in many different ways.

FIT?

Only TRUTH fits

All of which came down to the nasty Republicans killing off 2% of the US population for political reasons while the Democrats were simply defending their home states. Sad.

f6fde16e-a30b-4607-a890-20d0efe95fd5.jpg

To ultimately fall and tempt man so they could exercise their free will and choose God

FIT?

Only TRUTH fits
Agreed about Truth, but spiritual matters are, by their very nature, irrational. They’re a matter of faith and, like Stretch alludes, people can approach that faith and spirituality through different ways including different religions.

All of which came down to the nasty Republicans killing off 2% of the US population for political reasons while the Democrats were simply defending their home states. Sad.

Seems cruel and sadistic.

God is a God of wrath and the Bible is filled with stories of that.

But He so loved His creation that He sent his son to suffer and die to take that wrath upon Himself

Acknowledging that is what makes a person a Christian

Agreed about Truth, but spiritual matters are, by their very nature, irrational. They’re a matter of faith and, like Stretch alludes, people can approach that faith and spirituality through different ways including different religions.

And we need to respect those people

People are allowed to believe what’s in their soul

Even people like me who choose science over faith

To ultimately fall and tempt man so they could exercise their free will and choose God

God created Lucifer. Are you saying God fucked up? Didn’t know what would happen or are you admitting that God knew exactly the way it would play out and Lucifer is part of the plan?

But He so loved His creation that He sent his son to suffer and die to take that wrath upon Himself

I just wish you followed what Jesus taught about being good and kind to people

I just wish you followed what Jesus taught about being good and kind to people

I try my best but yes I fail miserably.

I am still just a human which is why God gave us the ability to repent and ask for forgiveness

The Bible is mankind’s primitive perception of God. Is God all-merciful or is God a wrathful POS petty eternal being?

God’s don’t have sons or daughters. That’s just anthropomorphizing an all-powerful entity capable of creating an entire Universe.

Agreed that’s how the Christian religion is based. Too bad there’s so few actual Christians on JPP; most are petty, lying hateful pieces of shit.

Those are Paul's words! Where did Jesus specifically talk about homosexuality!

I have often written the words, "Jesus NEVER even mentioned the words homosexual or abortion...let alone condemn those two things." I mention that because today's Christians seem to dwell on those two items.

But...at Matthew 5: 17ff...Jesus says:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE."

Here is one of those laws:

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their
lives." Leviticus 20:13

So...at Matthew 5...Jesus did specifically talk about homosexuality...even without mentioning the word. He also talked about every other prohibition mentioned in the Old Testament.

Any Christians here think the penalty for homosexual deeds between two men should be punished by death...the forfeiture of their lives?

Back