God

All of which came down to the nasty Republicans killing off 2% of the US population for political reasons while the Democrats were simply defending their home states. Sad.

f6fde16e-a30b-4607-a890-20d0efe95fd5.jpg

I have often written the words, "Jesus NEVER even mentioned the words homosexual or abortion...let alone condemn those two things." I mention that because today's Christians seem to dwell on those two items.

But...at Matthew 5: 17ff...Jesus says:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE."

Here is one of those laws:

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their
lives." Leviticus 20:13

So...at Matthew 5...Jesus did specifically talk about homosexuality...even without mentioning the word. He also talked about every other prohibition mentioned in the Old Testament.

Any Christians here think the penalty for homosexual deeds between two men should be punished by death...the forfeiture of their lives?

Jesus never mentioned pedophelia either so does that make it right?

As you stated, Jesus came to do away with laws, not to replace them. His teachings are about a new way to live in the glory of God without laws.

So saying something is ok just because Jesus never mentioned it is wrong

I try my best but yes I fail miserably.

I am still just a human which is why God gave us the ability to repent and ask for forgiveness
If you know you are failing, then you aren’t trying hard enough. Try something different rather than repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.

Intentional failing and intentionally sinning is not repentance. The people who repent on Sunday and sin all week are not Christians. They are only fooling themselves.

re·pent·ance
noun
noun: repentance; plural noun: repentances
the action of repenting; sincere regret or remorse.
"each person who turns to God in genuine repentance and faith will be saved"

Jesus never mentioned pedophelia either so does that make it right?

As you stated, Jesus came to do away with laws, not to replace them. His teachings are about a new way to live in the glory of God without laws.

So saying something is ok just because Jesus never mentioned it is wrong

I doubt Jesus would support harming anyone regardless if they are an adult or a child. Those who think harming others is “Christian” are fucking idiots, liars and evil.

All of which came down to the nasty Republicans killing off 2% of the US population for political reasons while the Democrats were simply defending their home states. Sad.

If you know you are failing, then you aren’t trying hard enough. Try something different rather than repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.

Intentional failing and intentionally sinning is not repentance. The people who repent on Sunday and sin all week are not Christians. They are only fooling themselves.

re·pent·ance
noun
noun: repentance; plural noun: repentances
the action of repenting; sincere regret or remorse.
"each person who turns to God in genuine repentance and faith will be saved"

It is impossible for any human to live a life without sin which is why Jesus had to die for us

It is impossible for any human to live a life without sin which is why Jesus had to die for us

It’s evil of you to twist the words of others for your personal benefit.

You are free to run from my point and infer differently. This is your choice since you have both free will and will be held accountable for your actions in the end. That said, I believe it’s better to repent and go into the light.

I doubt Jesus would support harming anyone regardless if they are an adult or a child. Those who think harming others is “Christian” are fucking idiots, liars and evil.

Jesus said He did not come to bring peace but to bring a sword to separate families and make them foes

Matthew 10: 34-36

Jesus said He did not come to bring peace but to bring a sword to separate families and make them foes

Matthew 10: 34-36
Again, Stretch, you are free to twist the words to your own benefit then be held accountable for it.

You completely ignore Christ’s two commandments to benefit your blood lust and hatred of others.

Again, Stretch, you are free to twist the words to your own benefit then be held accountable for it.

You completely ignore Christ’s two commandments to benefit your blood lust and hatred of others.

I have no hate for anyone

Yes, but if those laws would ever directly conflict with God's laws, then any good church would engage in civil disobedience and follow God's law rather than man's law.
^^^
Sybil just justified killing people in the name of God.

Well...since all a "sin" is...is a thought, word, or deed that offends this god...

...if you are saying it is impossible for any human to live a life without sin...

...it means the god is too easily offended.

And to think there is anything laudable about Jesus dying "for us" is insane. Why did the god need to have Jesus pay a debt that arose because it (the god) is too easily offended?

Do you people ever think about what you are saying?

I have often written the words, "Jesus NEVER even mentioned the words homosexual or abortion...let alone condemn those two things." I mention that because today's Christians seem to dwell on those two items.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE."

So...at Matthew 5...Jesus did specifically talk about homosexuality...even without mentioning the word. He also talked about every other prohibition mentioned in the Old Testament.

Any Christians here think the penalty for homosexual deeds between two men should be punished by death...the forfeiture of their lives?

Feel free to correct this but I don't think it was Jesus if it was in the OT.

But if you read the entire Sermon on the Mount in Mathew, Jesus is very clearly reinterpreting and reimagining the Jewish law. Even radically so. You are not supposed to just love your neighbors, you are supposed to practice universal love, including love for enemies. Jesus rejects the law of retribution (an eye for an eye) and says you are supposed to turn the other cheek.

That is a pretty radical reinterpretation of the Law of Torah and the prophets.

Lots of religions say their religious works are the only true path. How many of them are wrong?
Well, we know that the Global Warming, Climate Change, and Marxism family of religions are wrong. If you avoid those and stick with something else you should be OK.

That's not true. Not all religions are mutually exclusive.

That's not true either. For example:

(1) "A god or gods exist".
(2) "There are no gods in existence".

Those two religious beliefs are mutually exclusive, and since [insert any thing here] either exists or it doesn't exist, one of those two religions is correct and the other religion is wrong. It is unknown which one is which.

It is my belief that (1) is correct and (2) is wrong. That belief of mine is, and can only be, based on faith alone.
I have a question I'd like to ask you on this very topic, considering you are one of JPP's preeminent Christian authorities.

At the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus clearly emphasized the upholding of Judaism.

Matthew 5: 17-18
17 “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.

Question: For Christianity to be correct, wouldn't Judaism also have to be correct? Of course there would be the one cosmetic difference in that Jews don't realize that Jesus accomplished the prophecies, but beyond that, you can't say that Jesus was correct ... except when He preached. Am I on solid ground here?

I have a question I'd like to ask you on this very topic, considering you are one of JPP's preeminent Christian authorities.

At the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus clearly emphasized the upholding of Judaism.

Matthew 5: 17-18
17 “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.

Question: For Christianity to be correct, wouldn't Judaism also have to be correct? Of course there would be the one cosmetic difference in that Jews don't realize that Jesus accomplished the prophecies, but beyond that, you can't say that Jesus was correct ... except when He preached. Am I on solid ground here?

The law of Judaism states that once the Messiah arrives the old laws will be abolished. That is what Jesus is referring to.

Followers of Judaism don’t believe Jesus is the Messia and that is the conflict

The law of Judaism states that once the Messiah arrives the old laws will be abolished. That is what Jesus is referring to.

Followers of Judaism don’t believe Jesus is the Messia and that is the conflict
nice opinion but fact less as usual. D

Why can’t you quote scripture? Would it burn your fingers if you tried?

Back