God

How many deities are in the Christian pantheon? Three, right? Maybe we should call in gfm7175 and ask him for the correct answer. I'm thinking that if he says that there is only one God then obviously it was God who authored the Bible. If he says two or three or five or some other prime number, then we'll go with the Holy Ghost having authored the Bible.

@ gfm7175, how many deities are there in Christianity? Please round up to the nearest whole number.

One! In three dimensions! Father,Son and Holy Spirit!

It's funny how you can never quite articulate precisely what that is. Your "treason" appears strangely indistinguishable from selfless patriotism fighting for State's sovereignty.

The only way it wasn't treason for the Southern treason was to win the war they started! Like the American Rebels of the Revolution generation!
But they lost,so treason sticks!

Any Christians here think the penalty for homosexual deeds between two men should be punished by death...the forfeiture of their lives?
You do, Frank. You actively support the killing of living humans who have not committed any crime and who have not expressed any desire to die.

264E0EDD00000578-2978890-image-a-2_1425461391463.jpg

You and I had a long discussion in which you justified your advocacy for the killing of living humans who have not committed any crime and who have not expressed any desire to die by claiming that you simply "make an exception" when you want the killing to occur. In the case of homosexuals (i.e. living humans) who are killed for some tyrant's political convenience, yes, you technically have to go through the formality of "making the exception" ... just like the hitter of a 9th-inning walk-off homer still must run the bases, but once that is accomplished, you feel your advocacy for the killing is totally justified. *AND* you believe that you haven't supported any killing ... because it was an "exception."

I'm glad you clarified that for us.

It's funny how you can never quite articulate precisely what that is. Your "treason" appears strangely indistinguishable from selfless patriotism fighting for State's sovereignty.
The only way it wasn't treason for the Southern treason was to win the war they started! Like the American Rebels of the Revolution generation!
But they lost,so treason sticks!
It's funny how you still cannot articulate this "treason" and how you allow it to remain indistinguishable from selfless patriotism fighting for State's sovereignty.

Jesus didn't address homosexuality
Frank Apisa Syndrome alert: Manfred Mason is not allowed to acknowledge Jesus' coverage of sex-related sins and is required to regurgitate that "Jesus didn't address homosexuality" despite having been shown chapter and verse to the contrary.

This discussion is over, like any discussion with Frank Apisa that puts his master's king in check.

Frank Apisa Syndrome alert: Manfred Mason is not allowed to acknowledge Jesus' coverage of sex-related sins and is required to regurgitate that "Jesus didn't address homosexuality" despite having been shown chapter and verse to the contrary.

This discussion is over, like any discussion with Frank Apisa that puts his master's king in check.

Frank is Good People.

Frank is Good People.
OK. The issue being examined thoroughly is Frank Apisa's incessant and ridiculous dishonesty. Yes, he certainly seems like a potentially nice chap, except that he advocates for the killing of young children as if he just wants to eradicate them once and for all, but besides that, I'm sure he can otherwise be quite cordial. Sure, you'll get no disagreement here.

But if you read the entire Sermon on the Mount in Mathew, Jesus is very clearly reinterpreting and reimagining the Jewish law. Even radically so. You are not supposed to just love your neighbors, you are supposed to practice universal love, including love for enemies. Jesus rejects the law of retribution (an eye for an eye) and says you are supposed to turn the other cheek.

That is a pretty radical reinterpretation of the Law of Torah and the prophets.

Okay. It does seem Jesus did a lot of changing of the law...despite what he said.

What does that tell us?

The law of Judaism states that once the Messiah arrives the old laws will be abolished. That is what Jesus is referring to.

Followers of Judaism don’t believe Jesus is the Messia and that is the conflict

Are you sure of the bolded part?

If so...can you give a citation of where that is written?

OK. The issue being examined thoroughly is Frank Apisa's incessant and ridiculous dishonesty. Yes, he certainly seems like a potentially nice chap, except that he advocates for the killing of young children as if he just wants to eradicate them once and for all, but besides that, I'm sure he can otherwise be quite cordial. Sure, you'll get no disagreement here.

I used to say at A2K that if I could have lemonade on the front porch of five people from the site then Frank would be one of them.

This has not changed.

I used to say at A2K that if I could have lemonade on the front porch of five people from the site then Frank would be one of them.

This has not changed.

I have Mann on IGNORE, Hawk. I didn't want that, but it just about had to be done. He makes absurd accusations, such as he did here, "...he advocates for the killing of young children as if he just wants to eradicate them once and for all." That is not what I am doing...and anyone with an ounce of sense knows that is not what I am doing.

And, he seems to think I am a liar. There is another poster who calls me a liar often.

I try never to lie...although there are time, I am sure, that I stretch the truth a bit. But not here in the forum...where I think it is out-of-place. I do not do it on the golf course either, where lying (cheating) definitely is out-of-place.

Thanks for your many kind comments, Hawk. We do go way back...and although we are miles apart in many things, I still cherish that we are able to keep a friendly attitude toward each other.

I have Mann on IGNORE, Hawk. I didn't want that, but it just about had to be done. He makes absurd accusations, such as he did here, "...he advocates for the killing of young children as if he just wants to eradicate them once and for all." That is not what I am doing...and anyone with an ounce of sense knows that is not what I am doing.

And, he seems to think I am a liar. There is another poster who calls me a liar often.

I try never to lie...although there are time, I am sure, that I stretch the truth a bit. But not here in the forum...where I think it is out-of-place. I do not do it on the golf course either, where lying (cheating) definitely is out-of-place.

Thanks for your many kind comments, Hawk. We do go way back...and although we are miles apart in many things, I still cherish that we are able to keep a friendly attitude toward each other.

Ya we do, and in spite of Trump I never forgot that you are one of the good ones.

U have done right by me, and these fuckers need to know that.

I have often written the words, "Jesus NEVER even mentioned the words homosexual or abortion...let alone condemn those two things." I mention that because today's Christians seem to dwell on those two items.

But...at Matthew 5: 17ff...Jesus says:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE."

Here is one of those laws:

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their
lives." Leviticus 20:13

So...at Matthew 5...Jesus did specifically talk about homosexuality...even without mentioning the word. He also talked about every other prohibition mentioned in the Old Testament.

Any Christians here think the penalty for homosexual deeds between two men should be punished by death...the forfeiture of their lives?

I think those who don't understand scripture should not try to explain it to people.......I can't count how many times we've had this same conversation.......there are different types of law in the OT.....what Christ fulfilled were the laws of sacrifice, the cleansing of things unclean.........he did not change the Ten Commandments.......

the law you cite was not one of the commandments......

I have a question I'd like to ask you on this very topic, considering you are one of JPP's preeminent Christian authorities.

At the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus clearly emphasized the upholding of Judaism.

Matthew 5: 17-18
17 “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.

Question: For Christianity to be correct, wouldn't Judaism also have to be correct? Of course there would be the one cosmetic difference in that Jews don't realize that Jesus accomplished the prophecies, but beyond that, you can't say that Jesus was correct ... except when He preached. Am I on solid ground here?

obviously not.....they are different religions......and as with Islam the difference between Judaism and Christianity regarding Jesus Christ is not "cosmetic"........the history depicted in the OT shows us that whether a humanity that walked and talked directly to God, or dealt with him through patriarchs, judges, kings or prophets; people cannot attain righteousness on their own......that leads to God Incarnate making the sacrifice to attain righteousness on our behalf.....

Back